Completing Setup . . .

Thread: Completing Setup . . .

Question Completing Setup . . .

Every time I run FS2004 I get the "Completing setup . . " and "Building database for new scenery files . . . " windows appear, even though I haven't made any changes to the Scenery library. Afterwards it runs as normal. Has anyone any idea why this might be, please? I am in Windows 10.

Thanks
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

I have that occasionally and use Windows 10. Are you running with or without CD #4 in your drive? Remember the Update also. Inevitably, a fresh install is better than tweaking a bloated existing one. Perhaps you are at that point.

Hi, I think it's when the clocks change that it rebuilds itself. I may be completely wrong of course!
    Andy.

Thank you. I am glad it's not just me. You could be right about the bloated install, but I am reluctant to start a new one because I believe that some addon CDs such as FS Terrain have a security system which rejects an attempt to install using Windows 10.

Yes, I'm getting it as well since last Win10 ,er, update. Doesn't seem to affect anything just another little annoyance on startup.

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by lemonadedrinker View Post
    Hi, I think it's when the clocks change that it rebuilds itself. I may be completely wrong of course!
    Andy.

That could be....Mine did it recently; about when we went to standard time.

Hi,
    I also think that the season changes- winter, spring, summer etc drive change as well.

Andy.

I've had this since my first foray into flight swimming in 2001 with FS2002 Pro and Windows XP.
    Still get it on FS2004 and Windows 8.1 and can see no pattern at for it's appearance.

Edit. Not flight swimming at all. Bloody predictive text, you all know what it should be.

It's normal for the update when your 'puter changes time, but not multiple times. If your Sim is installed in the default location, your ever-so-smart Windows will prevent the program from making changes to some of the files. It can also prevent you from being able to add paints to existing planes because it keeps restoring backed up copies of the cfg files. I have mine installed to C:\Added Programs\Flight Simulator 9 to keep it out of the secured zones known as Program Files and Program Files (x86).
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Thank you. It's not in the default place so that's not it. I suppose it is just one of those things that happens. Not to worry - the sim works, and that's the main thing.

As someone who worries about everything ,this is one thing that doesn't worry me. My very, very large install of FS9 has been doing this for years. My install is on it's own drive away from program files. I have Windows 7, 64 bit and every now and then, when I start FS9 I'll get the same thing as you describe without installing any scenery or making any changes. Other than having to wait a few extra seconds for the sim to load , it has never been a problem.

Members who have read this thread: 0