Pheonix

Thread: Pheonix

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

Pheonix

Wow, what a weird truck race.
    common sense tells you five trucks in a row won’t work coming out of a corner.

Yes, but it is NASCAR and NASCAR and common sense often do not go together.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Icon2

Not sure why Denny had a post-incident attitude....Chase raced a whole lot more fair than Denny did at Martinsville

because hamlin is a cry baby,he can dish it out,but cant take a payback,even if it wasnt6 really a pay back,looked to me like the 24 just washed up into him,wasnt a payback....but again,im sure im wrong...

I was watching cat videos on You Tube for the middle third of this race, because it was pretty clear the 11 was going to be that 4th driver. But, then it got interesting, lol... I didn't expect Hamlin to be very philosophical about his outcome with the 24, at the time he was interviewed. I think Chase explained it perfectly with the "I race him the way he raced me" comment. I was pulling for the 24 to win his first race, right up until the 20 passed him for the lead. It was cool to see Kenseth win. It's a shame he doesn't have a ride next year.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Hey All,

Good race and yes the 24 has exactly the right attitude - you saw how clean he raced Kenseth. Seven second places isn't bad. I was just glad Brad is in to pair with Kevin. Three toys would be a bummer. Plus it proves my point the chevys are behind the toys and even the fords.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Good race and yes the 24 has exactly the right attitude - you saw how clean he raced Kenseth. Seven second places isn't bad. I was just glad Brad is in to pair with Kevin. Three toys would be a bummer. Plus it proves my point the chevys are behind the toys and even the fords.

-Ed-
    And you were silent during the years when Chevy was destroying everyone else....
    You're always good for this stuff!

What happened to Denny Hamlin was not at all unexpected. I heard from an inside source that Hamlin was told that he could not advance in the Playoffs from the wall at Phoenix. A not well veiled threat and that is exactly what happened. Chase Elliot just missed the cut to advance. I think Chase has learned a whole lot this season, he'll be a driver to watch in the coming years. As for Hamlin, he's become a whiny little ***.

It was great to see Matt Kenseth win and I hope he wins again at Homestead. It would be great to see the championship driver with no ride in his future to go out with back-to-back wins.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hey All,

Don't understand your comment there P.

As you should know I am Mopar first in cars then in drivers you should know I'm a fan of Jimmie first then Brad Joey Kevin and then Kasey. With Kasey gone I'll go for Chase. So 3 Ford drivers 2 Chevy. You should know how NASCAR has always disliked Mopar innovation from the hemi to the wing. Don't care for Toys or Gibbs or Roush. Favorite owner has always been Richard Childress. Wouldn't mind Truex winning a title. But the odds are stacked mightily against the Fords at homestead having won only 5 races to the toys 12 I think it is.

Hopefully the rumours about RCR going dodge come true. Don't know what to think of VW maybe entering NASCAR. Nissan would be cool but unlikely.

Yes I hope Jimmie an Chad win 2 more titles - for obvious reasons.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Cool

Hey All,

Don't understand your comment there P.

-Ed-
    Waiting for your acknowledge of the Chevy total dominance when Jimmie, Harvick, and Stewart won cup championships.....

Hey All,

Car or team? This isn't F1 where research has shown it is 85% car.

-Ed-

Icon2

Hey All,

Car or team? This isn't F1 where research has shown it is 85% car.

-Ed-
    I rest my case.....LoL
    If you're going to complain about Toyota "advantage", the logically, you should acknowledge the Chevy dominance that got Jimmie, Stewart, and Harvick their championships...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    I rest my case.....LoL
    If you're going to complain about Toyota "advantage", the logically, you should acknowledge the Chevy dominance that got Jimmie, Stewart, and Harvick their championships...
    So you are saying that in NASCAR, just like in F1, whoever builds the best engine can dominate...?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    So you are saying that in NASCAR, just like in F1, whoever builds the best engine can dominate...?
    LoL!
    EasyEd is saying that this year, the Toyota's have an advantage ....

So I'm just saying that logically, he should also acknowledge Chevy's advantage when Johnson, Harvick, and Stewart won their championships...

Hey All,

No the HP differences in NASCAR are very minimal. The toys have a set up / weight distribution adjustment advantage. This lets them drive off the corners faster than either ford or Chevy on most tracks. Now maybe ford and Chevy haven't figured it out yet but I tend to doubt it. Several years ago dodge brought in a new engine in which weight distribution was optimal for the rules of the day. NASCAR changed the rules an the dodge engine weight was too high in the car making it very hard for them to win. The Frances have never been dodge people just mostly Chevy. The Frances have never had a problem changing rules to keep things more equal but only to a point. Basic NASCAR knowledge.

-Ed-

Cool

The Frances have never been dodge people just mostly Chevy. Frances have never had a problem changing rules to keep things more equal but only to a point. Basic NASCAR knowledge.

-Ed-
    I guess I'll just have to take this since I realize how very tough it is for you to admit Chevy's clear advantage during the Johnson, Harvick, Stewart heyday....

Hey All,

They had better drivers and teams but not necessarily better cars. You do know that many me included saw that Dale Sr was at his best in an inferior but not too inferior car.

-Ed-

Icon2

Hey All,

They had better drivers and teams but not necessarily better cars. You do know that many me included saw that Dale Sr was at his best in an inferior but not too inferior car.

-Ed-
    LoL I understand....
    It's just too painful for you to admit to the Chevy advantage....LoL

Members who have read this thread: 0