SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

Hybrid View

SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

Gordon's recent comments about re-visiting this beauty in his A-20 Havoc post finally convinced me to download it and play with it a bit. Following a few hours of 'research' here at SOH, I finally had the most updated version, with all the 'fixes'. I must admit that she even looks better in sim than the pictures here will do justice. Needless to say, after several minutes, no ....actually, several hours of flying this beauty, I am tinkering with a few mods for my personal use. Thank-you, again, Milton, John, Gordon and co. for providing this outstanding model to the sim community.

Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Thanks for looking into this and sharing it. I also have the SOH Invader, but I'm probably not at the same mod level as you are. You indicated that you had to go through several threads to achieve this, and I must have missed one or even a few. I think it would be great if all this information could be condensed. Do you know or can trace back the mods you applied to achieve your current level you are at?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Lost track whether a native model conversion was ever done for this one.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Lost track whether a native model conversion was ever done for this one.
    Yes it was. John Terrell (Bomber_12th) converted the B and C versions some while ago. JensOle and I are currently playing with them. I've converted the K for my own use and added a payload.

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B-26K Invader 1.jpg   A-26A Invader 2.jpg  
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Thanks for looking into this and sharing it. I also have the SOH Invader, but I'm probably not at the same mod level as you are. You indicated that you had to go through several threads to achieve this, and I must have missed one or even a few. I think it would be great if all this information could be condensed. Do you know or can trace back the mods you applied to achieve your current level you are at?

Cheers,
    Mark
    Yes, certainly. As I said, it took me several hours to do this looking-up, but in a nutshell, here's what I remember :
    1) Go to: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...26&childcats=1 and install the third entry for the A-26 (manual install).
    2) For FSX, go to: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dcats=1&page=2 and install the A-26 conversion with fix.
    3) I then read thru this entire thread, but remember page 7 : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Download/page7 where in post #168, John has a mediafire link to fix glass issue. Download and install as per directions these files.
    4) Go to : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nks_search.php , search username ******** and install Gordon's new A-26 texture sets (third from bottom).
    5) Go to Avsim and install Richard Wisman's 'beech 18 auto-smoke xml gauge' found here : https://library.avsim.net/search.php...nMode=0&Page=2 , (second entry on page).
    6) Wing lite reflections I commented out as although I found them very nice, they were a bit too bright for my taste.
    In the aircraft config under [LIGHTS]:
    //light.11 = 5, 4.5, -18, -3.9, Newll //wing lite reflections
    //light.12 = 5, 4.5, 18, -3.9, Newll //wing
    7) I slightly darkened the VC lighting.

As I mentioned, these mods I made for my own personal use according to my taste and not everyone may like these, but IMHO, they just add to the realism of this wonderful creation by the developers here at SOH.
    Thank-you, Gordon for the texture sets and for pointing me to the smoke gauge, and, of course, Milton and co. , for the wonderful aircraft model.

Hopefully this helps sort things out a bit.

Still, a WOP .... as I understand.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

Tire tread change to 'plus' or 'diamond' pattern

I just tried the tire tread change to 'plus' or 'diamond' from this download for this FSX A-26 conversion : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Models-Updated

Got a psychedelic picture of what the BMP file looks like pasted over where the tire textures appear in the simulator. Must have done something wrong.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Not sure what you mean by "psychadelic" but if you're using Dx10 then you need to change the 8 bit textures using Steve's fixer, because the tyres look like mirrors.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not sure what you mean by "psychadelic" but if you're using Dx10 then you need to change the 8 bit textures using Steve's fixer, because the tyres look like mirrors.
    Hi Roger,

Here's some pics -

I'm not using Dx10. Using the original Dx9. Here's what I mean by 'psychedelic' . The first pic is default tire texture labelled as 'tiretred' BMP file. The second is the 'tiretreadnew' diamond pattern BMP file.
    I have 6 models of the a26 ( -b, -bearly, -bearlyng, -bng, -c, -cng )
    I installed into my FSX conversion model as per Milton's instructions here - doing only what's in red as all I wanted are the tire tread textures :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FS9 A-26B and A-26C Model Additions with Textures for the FS9 A26-SOH
    (Works as Port overs for FSX as well with normal prop and glass updates)

Included are:

1) two new models - One A-26B with guns; one A-26C with Guns

2) two new models - One A-26B No Guns; one A-26C No Guns

3) Two new optional tire tread textures for these models

These models are in addition to your current FS9 A26-SOH model folders.

The new models can be used with any B or C textures you currently have.

For that to work you must do 3 things:

1) Copy the four new model folders to your A26-SOH aircraft folder.

2) Copy the two textures to all your texture folders. (Do not replace your current tiretread.bmp. That is required for the original models)

a) the new textures are named tiretreadnew-diamond.bmp and tiretreadnew-Plus.bmp (To activate one of the tire treads, rename it to "tiretreadnew.bmp" )

3) Change your aircraft.cfg [fltsim] "model=" parameter to call out one of the four new models. (examples: model =a26bw or model=a26cwg )

There are two tread patterns-Diamond and Plus. In order to switch between the Diamond or Plus tire textures, you must rename to "tiretreadnew.bmp" to activate it for the new models to recognize the active tread.

These new tread patterns were done by Steve "Duckie" Bryant for the Harpoon and Lodestar series and look good on weathered and faded paint schemes.

Enjoy :-)

Milton Shupe
    July 2014

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sure the 'fix' is easy but right now, I just can't put my finger on it ???

Thank-you for any additional input,

Cheers,
    Milan.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Yes, certainly. As I said, it took me several hours to do this looking-up:

(GREAT INFO SNIPPED)

Thank you sooo much for saving me those hours, @MZee1960!

Followed your instructions and I have the A-26 up and running in P3D V4.1 while I wait on the fantastic enhancements I see above. Everything seems great, with one minor issue: The tires have a mirror-level reflectivity. (I can ignore this from inside the plane. )

*EDIT: @Roger, you mention the tire/mirror issue and "Steve's fixer" to fix that. Is that "Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer?" Alas, that's no longer available for sale as far as I can find. Is there another tool/solution? Is this something you have to run the model through?

Work continues on the K. The cockpit interior is being completely rebuilt by ******** at the moment (and 'rushes' look stunning!), and Mark is nearing completion of his awesome weapons. Gman has also 'refurbished' the external model to fix a couple of snags - the prop rotation and the castoring of the nosewheel. This has had to be done from scratch because the source files have sadly been lost in a crash... Here is a Nimrod as a taster. Forget the yellow gunsight - will be fixed!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Work continues on the K. The cockpit interior is being completely rebuilt by ******** at the moment (and 'rushes' look stunning!), and Mark is nearing completion of his awesome weapons. Gman has also 'refurbished' the external model to fix a couple of snags - the prop rotation and the castoring of the nosewheel. This has had to be done from scratch because the source files have sadly been lost in a crash... Here is a Nimrod as a taster. Forget the yellow gunsight - will be fixed!!

DaveQ
    Beautiful update Dave. I was fortunate to see one of these as a kid growing up. They just look so menacing and powerful with the SEA camo, black and HMG armed noses. Definitely going to wear this one out on Gman's SEA scenery.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Yes, certainly. As I said, it took me several hours to do this looking-up, but in a nutshell, here's what I remember :
    1) Go to: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...26&childcats=1 and install the third entry for the A-26 (manual install).
    2) For FSX, go to: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...dcats=1&page=2 and install the A-26 conversion with fix.
    3) I then read thru this entire thread, but remember page 7 : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Download/page7 where in post #168, John has a mediafire link to fix glass issue. Download and install as per directions these files.
    4) Go to : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...nks_search.php , search username ******** and install Gordon's new A-26 texture sets (third from bottom).
    5) Go to Avsim and install Richard Wisman's 'beech 18 auto-smoke xml gauge' found here : https://library.avsim.net/search.php...nMode=0&Page=2 , (second entry on page).
    6) Wing lite reflections I commented out as although I found them very nice, they were a bit too bright for my taste.
    In the aircraft config under [LIGHTS]:
    //light.11 = 5, 4.5, -18, -3.9, Newll //wing lite reflections
    //light.12 = 5, 4.5, 18, -3.9, Newll //wing
    7) I slightly darkened the VC lighting.

As I mentioned, these mods I made for my own personal use according to my taste and not everyone may like these, but IMHO, they just add to the realism of this wonderful creation by the developers here at SOH.
    Thank-you, Gordon for the texture sets and for pointing me to the smoke gauge, and, of course, Milton and co. , for the wonderful aircraft model.

Still, a WOP .... as I understand.

Hello gang,

I followed these instructions, however, I'm having issues with this plane crashing my Steam version of FSX when I try to load a flight. Once I select the plane, and hit Fly, I get the black loading screen, but the white box that shows the terrain, etc, loading progress is blank. After about 15 seconds, FSX fully crashes and closes.

I've skimmed through all the pages in this thread, however, I can't seem to figure out what's going on.

My system:

Ram: 16GB
    CPU: AMD FX 6300, 3.5GHZ
    GPU: NV GeForce GTX 1070

Any suggestions?

Members who have read this thread: 9