SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ... - Page 20
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

That´s gonna be … perfect !

Speechless!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    First is A-26B-55-DL 44-34356 BC-356 of the All Weather Flying Center by Jan Kees Blom. This is a perfect example of how a magnificent paint from another artist can be easily converted for PBR.
    The process is easy...I'll put together a tutorial on the process.

Thanks Jan Kees for this immaculate paint.
    You're welcome, Gordon, though the paint looks sooo much better after your treatment. Just fantastic, I can't wait to convert the others..
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

is this bird tacpack enabled? if not it ought to be!!!

Blog Entries
    Douglas A-26B,C & K Video Preview

As promised the A-26 Invader preview video is uploaded. This is a longer video, featuring all three Invaders...including "Special Kay". Here is a good chance to see the new interiors and exteriors in full PBR glory. Not to worry...the models will also be released as standard FSX and P3D models for those who favor those platforms.

Pay special attention to the All Weather Flying Center skin by Jan Kees. I tweaked the skin slightly, removing the FSX alpha channels and adding the metallic texture sheets needed to convert this beautiful paint to PBR. Thanks Jan Kees...what a beauty. I retained the original UVW mapping from Milton Shupe for my upgrades, which means that any and all older skins will work on the new model and can all be upgraded to PBR.

This video is meant to showcase the new models, but is also a "beauty" tour of the airplane, the sim and some of my scenery and environments. All of the local scenery in this video are my work, re-built following my catastrophic data loss. KRNO has been a real project because...well it's a big airport. lol

Enjoy the smoke, noise and music.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Crikey. That’s beyond belief!

A-26 video

Wow your new video is just amazing. I cranked up the volume, headphones on and set full screen then just sat back and enjoyed the show. Truely amazing how this aircraft is progressing. I can't wait to see this upgrade in FSX if your still going to release it for that platform too. Thanks.

Best Regards

Dave Phillips.
    Happy Flying.

David Phillips

Wonderful work G-Man. Love that you were doing your test flights around Mono Lake.

Just wondering if there will be a 'restored' version of this aircraft, think someone flying a restored version of this beauty today, with the minimum upgrades to communication and navigation most pilots would want.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Wonderful work G-Man. Love that you were doing your test flights around Mono Lake.

Just wondering if there will be a 'restored' version of this aircraft, think someone flying a restored version of this beauty today, with the minimum upgrades to communication and navigation most pilots would want.

Great job it will be beautiful,
    for version K, I would prefer pilots equipped with a helmet instead of the cap.
    Regards
    Marty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post
    Great job it will be beautiful,
    for version K, I would prefer pilots equipped with a helmet instead of the cap.
    Regards
    Marty
    I'm with you on that Marty. The SEA pilots are in the works, but not ready for the show...yet.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries

The B&C cockpits differ slightly, and will be in the models in a few days. I'm trying to get those as correct as I can to original, including gauge faces etc. Same thing for the K, one model period correct and "Kay" which has a single Garmin. Restored Invaders do have some variations as far as I can so, so the original POH will have the final say. Also, the interiors are extremely clean at this stage of development as you can see in the video. I'll probably release a "restored" version with very little wear and tear, and a service model with more realistic use scratches and crud.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch1365 View Post
    Wow your new video is just amazing. I cranked up the volume, headphones on and set full screen then just sat back and enjoyed the show. Truely amazing how this aircraft is progressing. I can't wait to see this upgrade in FSX if your still going to release it for that platform too. Thanks.

Best Regards

Dave Phillips.
    The sim is so beautiful with the PBR lighting, I really try to create an atmosphere that portrays everything in it's best light. I really appreciate your comment, it shows me I'm over the target.
    Thomas Jefferson

Really looks good! Did the gauges get an overhaul to increase their resolution and clarity too?
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Really looks good! Did the gauges get an overhaul to increase their resolution and clarity too?
    Some of the gauges are right out folder from the original model. Many of those gauges call out for some tiny bitmaps. I want to standardize the gauge sizes to utilize the larger, cleaner bitmaps. The restorations out there have a number of variables in gauges used, so I want to reproduce the sets as close to their original factory as possible. The BMEP guage seen in the video is a good example. That one and a few others are examples of the updated and accurate art. Of course some tweaks in the gauge programming are also needed.

I actually had compiled a complete library of accurate gauge faces, but sadly those were un-recoverable after the data loss.

PBR will be another task altogether.

It's a process.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I'm with you on that Marty. The SEA pilots are in the works, but not ready for the show...yet.
    Awesome. I was going to ask for helmeted pilots.

And I repeat the request for tacpack enabled versions... getting those 8 guns to speak would be great.

Wow

Gordon. Splendid work, top of the hat to you....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    Gordon. Splendid work, top of the hat to you....
    Thanks Jim, the Jetstar is getting the same treatment...
    Thomas Jefferson

Awesome work my friend!
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Hi,

By looking carefully at a cockpit screenshot (https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f5974f68_o.jpg), I could read FRAMENATION... is it a typographical error or is it reality?
    A friend of mine on Pilote-virtuel give me this document https://www.avialogs.com/aircraft-d/...ht-instruction (Page 15) and you can read FRAGMENTATION.

Very good works, I wait for completion
    Last edited by lagaffe; November 4th, 2019 at 09:10.

Blog Entries
    Douglas A-26B,C & K Invaders 4K Preview

For those interested in the 2060p high def experience, I mastered a second production in 4K video. I did one or two small edits and tweaked the music/ambient plane sound go be a bit more elegant.
    My opinion, of course.

Enjoy at your leisure.

Thomas Jefferson

Can I Send You A Donation

Hi Gman: All of these conversions had to take a lot of work. Is there somewhere that I can send you a donation? Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo55 View Post
    Hi Gman: All of these conversions had to take a lot of work. Is there somewhere that I can send you a donation? Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.
    Mike, your offer is generous and much appreciated. My work on this project is my way of honoring the original authors for their contributions over the years and therefore, pro bono. I must therefore decline your offer.

I will be re-rehabilitating the double knee replacements over the course of the winter, which means I will have the time to do the work.
    It is my honor and pleasure to offer my small contribution.

Thanks mate...
    Last edited by gman5250; November 5th, 2019 at 05:59.
    Thomas Jefferson

Most?

I prefer period instruments. I'm not a fan of new instruments in period aircraft... Not at all.
    I want to know what it was like for guys (and gals) to be flying these beauties back in the day.

Many... some... That I could see...

Simply incredible work Gman... I'm so happy you've recovered well in both health and your computer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    ...I prefer period instruments...Simply incredible work Gman... I'm so happy you've recovered well in both health and your computer.
    At this stage of development, I'm sticking with period instruments, with the exception of "Kay". She'll have the same Garmin that is required for her cert. I do use a set of pop up nav aids i.e. HUD, Garmin stack and radio sets for my personal aircraft, even in the vintage birds. If and when I'm not VFR I have been known to use the "cheaters". The beta models will have those options for anyone who wants to use the utility.

I'm doing the second knee on Nov 14, so I'm short. I'll be a pile for the first week post op, but after that I figure three weeks until I'm walking without any aids. From there I can ramp up the rehab/training. Complete integration at about nine months. The computer recovery is running concurrent while I'm laid up, but it is coming along steadily.

I appreciate your support...this is the year of doing the work.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mongo55 View Post
    We'll get to do that when he releases his own developments, both scenery and aircraft. It is great to see how much the A-26 has evolved from where it started. I was just happy when Milton originally made it. It just keeps getting better.

Members who have read this thread: 11