SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ... - Page 17
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade408 View Post
    Has anyone thought to try any On Mark executive conversion models?
    I believe that's what Gman was working on when his tragedy happened. And now he just suffered another...

First flight in simulator. Minor corrections on underwing struts and Firebee model and texture working have to be done.

It shows USAF drone controller DB-26C with Ryan Firebee AQM-34A and ballast water tank. I modified model with MCX a bit to get 2 crew and opening bomb doors. Hope it is ok for A-26 Team. Model itself on shots is compiled with FSXA SDK, but works great with P3D4.5 too. The Firebee addon itself is a compromise between good looking and frame friendly development.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    First flight in simulator. Minor corrections on underwing struts and Firebee model and texture working have to be done.

It shows USAF drone controller DB-26C with Ryan Firebee AQM-34A and ballast water tank. I modified model with MCX a bit to get 2 crew and opening bomb doors. Hope it is ok for A-26 Team. Model itself on shots is compiled with FSXA SDK, but works great with P3D4.5 too. The Firebee addon itself is a compromise between good looking and frame friendly development.

Thomas
    Incredible

Very cool mod, I wonder if it can be converted into an AI model similar to the BQM-74 found on the Vol.3 Razbam EA-7, one could launch the drone.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Wow, very cool!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

That's fabulous TiAr!! Thank you so much for doing this. Please feel free to hang them on the JD-1. Navy Chief will be well pleased I imagine. When I did the JD-1 I assumed the bomb doors were fixed; I didn't find enough detailed information to be sure.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

SOH-CM-2023
    Very nice models!

I think an interesting variant would also be the French night fighter version B-26N with an British Mk.X radar
    See for example: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/9767/france-turned-the-b-26-invader-into-a-colonial-night-fighter

JD-1 drone controller of DaveQ´s model with NAVY BQM-34A. Suspensions of the drone and tank are different to DB-26C of USAF.

Thomas

Very nice! Both versions look great. Could four of these Firebees be added to Captain Sim's C-130 to make the DC-130? (Another very colorful bird!)

Looks great! Is there any chance you could let me have a copy please? I'm converting this to P3Dv4.4/PBR to give a more realistic sheen to the paintwork.

Many thanks for your work!

DaveQ

PS - my modelling skills are limited to 'cut and shut' atm, so doing things such as stretching the nose for civil and Mk.10 AI radars is still a distant dream...!
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Those Firebee toting A-26s look amazing. Nice work.

I should have sent this sooner, and it certainly looks like you have all the information you need on the quail and A-26, but, just in case, there's a ton of info at this site on both vehicles, and many, many others...

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com/2017/02/mcdonnell-gam-72-adm-20-quail-technical.html

http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com...l-station.html

Thank you very much for your nice comments. I will send the jd-1 mod to you, DaveQ the next days. The DB-26C will be published the next days. I am just working on a second repaint.

Some people just ask me to put the drones to other aircrafts. I am very sorry, this is not possible without having a permission to do that. Remember, to modify or add parts to models I have to compile it again, says change a work of another developer/company etc. This is not a question of freeware or payware. We all have to respect this, too.

Thomas

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Thank you very much for your nice comments. I will send the jd-1 mod to you, DaveQ the next days. The DB-26C will be published the next days. I am just working on a second repaint.

Some people just ask me to put the drones to other aircrafts. I am very sorry, this is not possible without having a permission to do that. Remember, to modify or add parts to models I have to compile it again, says change a work of another developer/company etc. This is not a question of freeware or payware. We all have to respect this, too.

Thomas
    There is a way to add an object to an aircraft.
    But unfortunately only for P3Dv4+ users.
    You could add an seperate object with the freewaretool
    Lorby-SI "PayloadManagerX" (Prepar3D V4.2/4.3 /4.4 only) without touching the model file.
    Here an example.
    I have build a radardome for the Carenado Fa50 as a category=SimpleObject and have placed it into the simobject/misc folder.
    You could choose your own objects or weapons and add them to your selected aircraft.
    Like on this screeny.

Last edited by Postbaer61; May 4th, 2019 at 08:56.

Postbear61, Lorby´s tool is really nice. But this is not my intension here.

Anyway, I finished a third modified model with a new Q-2A and AQM-34A under its wings.

Thomas

Yes I see, Thomas. It was only a thought, no prob.
    Really great job , you are doing here with the extensions
    of the SOH Invaders models.

Blog Entries
    I've been able to re-construct the K-Invader and A-26 Invader from partial file recoveries. I was lucky enough to recover my original A-26 Photoshop files and build new libraries. I've also painted a new skin for Special Kay. I don't want to step on any toes with ongoing projects, so I'll keep my data in the queue for anyone interested in accessing my work. These photos are of the PBR version of "Kay".

Last edited by gman5250; July 30th, 2019 at 19:02.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    These skins are from the original 4K art I did for Miltons Invader in 2011. This is an example of how any skin can be upgraded to PBR with amazing results. It's a simple process and one I highly recommend for those interested.
    BTW, the FSX skins are almost as good as these, so don't feel left out if you are not P3D inclined.

Last edited by gman5250; July 30th, 2019 at 17:21.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

WOW!!! That's talent....

That "Special Kay" is looking FABULOUS! Wait till the guys see it!

Gordon,

That is simply brilliant! You have a tendency to outdo yourself time and time again!

Priller

Looking forward to the 'K' very much, having spent so much time on the project myself, it will be marvellous to see it out there and done. I'm particularly looking forward to the completed vc which was looking outstanding in P3D - hope it is now done for FSX as well. Maybe, if you're playing with the A-26, there will be a new vc for that as well??

Best regards

DaveQ

Icon26

That looks really really good !

She looks absolutely spectacular, Gordon !

The Invader is definitely a big favorite in the sim community. I couldn't help but notice that this thread from 2017, now has 423 replies and over 78,300 views ! I never get tired of flying this beauty.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Members who have read this thread: 10