SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ... - Page 10
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

@JensOle,
    You are correct, it isn't currently, once I get it and the other weapons done and submitted to VRS, then hopefully it will be. It's all up to VRS. The good news is you can have almost all of the weapons/effects you need. If I'm not mistaken a visibility condition can hide the B-26 weapon once the tacpack weapon is released/fired via manipulating the station weight.

@awstub
    With the correct LAU-3 model on the invader and then in the aircraft.cfg and in the tacpack.ini, specify two LAU-68s and one LAU-10 per station, that would give you 18 rounds per station?

Also, the rocket pod is captive and is usually either not jettisonable or jettisonable only in an emergency. In other words, it stays on the aircraft. The exception is the canards. And as long as the weapon model of the pod is on the aircraft, then you could possibly make up for the lack tacpack LAU series launchers in the aircraft.cfg and tacpack.ini...
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

I didn't think about doing it that way. it would only give 18 rockets instead of 19.

One issue is that the LAU-3/A often had a frangible nose cone that stayed in place until the first rocket was fired.

I was thinking of trying to do it like a MER but having 19 stores, with each one using the RocketPodPseudoSingle... but I'm not sure how that would be able to effect the station token weight for the pod over all.

If the model has a condition for a pod with nose cone (lets say with a TW of 105) and a pod without (TW of 100) , can the RocketPodPseudoSingle (with a TW of 5 for each one of the 19 rockets) affect the appropriate TW change to the pylon after you fire one rocket? I suspect that it can, with some xml wizardry....

This is getting into the weeds a bit, and I doubt everyone want's to follow it, so I'll hit you up on e-mail to talk about it further.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    @JensOle,
    You are correct, it isn't currently, once I get it and the other weapons done and submitted to VRS, then hopefully it will be. It's all up to VRS. The good news is you can have almost all of the weapons/effects you need. If I'm not mistaken a visibility condition can hide the B-26 weapon once the tacpack weapon is released/fired via manipulating the station weight.

@awstub
    With the correct LAU-3 model on the invader and then in the aircraft.cfg and in the tacpack.ini, specify two LAU-68s and one LAU-10 per station, that would give you 18 rounds per station?

Also, the rocket pod is captive and is usually either not jettisonable or jettisonable only in an emergency. In other words, it stays on the aircraft. The exception is the canards. And as long as the weapon model of the pod is on the aircraft, then you could possibly make up for the lack tacpack LAU series launchers in the aircraft.cfg and tacpack.ini...
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Your right, if we go the RocketPodPseudoSingle route, we can adjust the station and station weights accordingly, then it's just a matter of lining up the tubes and the tacpack RocketPodPseudoSingle round in the tacpack.ini so that when the rocket when fired, causes the station weight to change and triggers the visibility condition which removes the canard and makes the tube empty...if that is possible. I got a meeting coming up with my modeler/mentor who is also had experience with payware aircraft tacpack features. I'll run it by him and then test it to see if can be done on another aircraft.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Sorry about that. Wilco.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Any updates on this one? It's been almost a month since anyone posted.

Not sure about the aircraft status. I'm discussing and working with some folks on here and at VRS to add some needed ordnance for several projects to the Tacpack. Right now I've got a list of weapons that are common to the A-37A/B, B-26K/A-26A, and the B-57B/G that are in various stages of completion. A fellow simmer here shared some weapons, which will make the job of getting them into the Tacpack sooner rather than later a lot easier.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

I understand the weapons for this project are not complete, but I would love to get my hands on the updated A-26, without the weapons.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I too am very interested in this aircraft, but not in the weapons at all, so I think it would be a shame if the Tacpack unduly delayed the release.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    I too am very interested in this aircraft, but not in the weapons at all, so I think it would be a shame if the Tacpack unduly delayed the release.
    The reason for the delay is that the full working VC that ******** developed for P3D has proved troublesome to compile for FSX. I have a working exterior for FSX with a limited range of ordnance, together with a VC with high quality graphics but not as complete as we would wish. I will ask if the team is willing to release what I have for FSX.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Really sorry to hear this ********. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Really sorry to hear this Gordon. If it is not possible to recover anything, take your time if you manage to find motivation to try again (hopefully).

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Blog Entries
    I want to reassure everyone that the work done to date, by the team, is intact. This includes all of the liveries from the team, plus the few that I created, along with the FSX, Prepar3D and Prepar3Dv4 models including the new VC. I lost quite a bit of development time to Flumonia, which took me down for two or three weeks.

Bringing things up to date...

The holdup in production is entirely upon me, as the team has waited patiently for me to finalize my modifications.

Today, I lost the master Photoshop files in the Win10 update. The interesting bit is that the original PS files date back to the my very first attempts at creating textures...dating back quite a few years now. Those files were modified and updated to include new techniques, bump mapping and specular layers for the re-release of the beautiful K variant. The poignant part is that those files survived all these years, until MS decided to grace us with predictive programing, smart AI, bots and the rest of the crap they load into their current OS so that my current overburden of Click Bait accurately reflects my social media profile, future behaviors and shopping habits.

Nuff said....but I think my plans for a comprehensive PK just went down the crapper. Give me a couple of weeks to think about it though.

On the brighter side of things...

As of two days ago, I was able to integrate TFDi Design TrueGlass into the Prepar3Dv4 model. Quite lovely and immersive as REX Sky Force for P3Dv4 or Active Sky P3Dv4 provide appropriate precipitation when weather changes along the flight route. KUDOS to TFDi and staff for their excellent product & tech support.

4K resolution Video showing the B-26K Counter Invader as she currently sits is under way and will be previewed here very shortly.
    'Till then...raindrops...

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

That looks amazing. I can see I'm going to have to give P3D a try soon.

Be still, my beating heart!

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

On the brighter side of things...

As of two days ago, I was able to integrate TFDi Design TrueGlass into the Prepar3Dv4 model. Quite lovely and immersive as REX Sky Force for P3Dv4 or Active Sky P3Dv4 provide appropriate precipitation when weather changes along the flight route. KUDOS to TFDi and staff for their excellent product & tech support.

4K resolution Video showing the B-26K Counter Invader as she currently sits is under way and will be previewed here very shortly.
    'Till then...raindrops...

Holy frickin' wow! I really must work on buying/building a new computer that will be compatible with P3Dv4.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Blog Entries
    Update:

Back to work and bringing the K into focus.

Just posted up a short video on the B-26K project.
    This is the first video I have done in 4K. The big GPU makes all the difference.

The K project was first on the list for HD video work, so I tried to show the project airplane in all of her glory. She's good in P3D, up to version 4, and I'm working on squeezing polys in the new VC to get her into FSX. Almost there.

Enjoy...

Thomas Jefferson

Wow, looks amazing! Can’t wait to get my hands on this one!

SOH-CM-2018

fantastic video

Gordon,

I very much appreciated your video. that is one big beautiful beast of an aircraft! I really hate stating the obvious but, all of you involved are in this project are extremely talented. Keep up the fantastic work!

Cheers,

Joe

Looks great, but I do see a flaw with the engines. The B-26K used the P&W R-2800-52W engine, which was a C-series R-2800 and features a two-piece, bolted reduction gear housing instead of the one-piece cast reduction gear housing of the earlier B-series engines. I don't know if this is something that you want to address or not, but the C-series does look quite a bit different from the B-series engines.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Wait till the guys rebuilding Special Kay see this!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Looks great, but I do see a flaw with the engines. The B-26K used the P&W R-2800-52W engine, which was a C-series R-2800 and features a two-piece, bolted reduction gear housing instead of the one-piece cast reduction gear housing of the earlier B-series engines. I don't know if this is something that you want to address or not, but the C-series does look quite a bit different from the B-series engines.
    Good eyes Stan,

That housing is a bolt up from Milton's original model. I tacked it in there as a place holder.
    Funny thing, I was watching Kermit Weeks' video on his A-26 restoration and thinking that I need to give the radials a serious look. Having a nice model of that engine would go a long way.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade408 View Post
    Wait till the guys rebuilding Special Kay see this!
    I did get an email from on of the team down in Texas last week. I was working on the Special Kay skin when I had the PS SNAFU that killed the fuselage master file. It won't feel right unless I do a "Kay" skin for the model, so I'll just have to fix it.
    Thomas Jefferson

Outstanding Video!

All of you guys building this aircraft, my hats off to you. What a great team and great aircraft!
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Made a few changes...

Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 10