SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ... - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

@JensOle,
    You are correct, it isn't currently, once I get it and the other weapons done and submitted to VRS, then hopefully it will be. It's all up to VRS. The good news is you can have almost all of the weapons/effects you need. If I'm not mistaken a visibility condition can hide the B-26 weapon once the tacpack weapon is released/fired via manipulating the station weight.

@awstub
    With the correct LAU-3 model on the invader and then in the aircraft.cfg and in the tacpack.ini, specify two LAU-68s and one LAU-10 per station, that would give you 18 rounds per station?

Also, the rocket pod is captive and is usually either not jettisonable or jettisonable only in an emergency. In other words, it stays on the aircraft. The exception is the canards. And as long as the weapon model of the pod is on the aircraft, then you could possibly make up for the lack tacpack LAU series launchers in the aircraft.cfg and tacpack.ini...
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Orbisque Mortis

I didn't think about doing it that way. it would only give 18 rockets instead of 19.

One issue is that the LAU-3/A often had a frangible nose cone that stayed in place until the first rocket was fired.

I was thinking of trying to do it like a MER but having 19 stores, with each one using the RocketPodPseudoSingle... but I'm not sure how that would be able to effect the station token weight for the pod over all.

If the model has a condition for a pod with nose cone (lets say with a TW of 105) and a pod without (TW of 100) , can the RocketPodPseudoSingle (with a TW of 5 for each one of the 19 rockets) affect the appropriate TW change to the pylon after you fire one rocket? I suspect that it can, with some xml wizardry....

This is getting into the weeds a bit, and I doubt everyone want's to follow it, so I'll hit you up on e-mail to talk about it further.

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    @JensOle,
    You are correct, it isn't currently, once I get it and the other weapons done and submitted to VRS, then hopefully it will be. It's all up to VRS. The good news is you can have almost all of the weapons/effects you need. If I'm not mistaken a visibility condition can hide the B-26 weapon once the tacpack weapon is released/fired via manipulating the station weight.

@awstub
    With the correct LAU-3 model on the invader and then in the aircraft.cfg and in the tacpack.ini, specify two LAU-68s and one LAU-10 per station, that would give you 18 rounds per station?

Also, the rocket pod is captive and is usually either not jettisonable or jettisonable only in an emergency. In other words, it stays on the aircraft. The exception is the canards. And as long as the weapon model of the pod is on the aircraft, then you could possibly make up for the lack tacpack LAU series launchers in the aircraft.cfg and tacpack.ini...
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA, P3Dv3 & P3Dv4 | Windows 7 x64 Professional
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V, LGA 1155, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5

Your right, if we go the RocketPodPseudoSingle route, we can adjust the station and station weights accordingly, then it's just a matter of lining up the tubes and the tacpack RocketPodPseudoSingle round in the tacpack.ini so that when the rocket when fired, causes the station weight to change and triggers the visibility condition which removes the canard and makes the tube empty...if that is possible. I got a meeting coming up with my modeler/mentor who is also had experience with payware aircraft tacpack features. I'll run it by him and then test it to see if can be done on another aircraft.
    Very Respectfully,

Orbisque Mortis

Sorry about that. Wilco.
    Very Respectfully,

Orbisque Mortis

Members who have read this thread: 542