SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ... - Page 7
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Mark,

I've just created a PSP (Marston Sheet type) runway for my East Wretham scenery, which I created by modelling the PSP and rendering it, then applying that texture to a ground poly. It works. Not perfect, but it works. Because it's now a texture, not a model per se, I've been able to minimise the moire effect. When it was a MDL, the moire was horrendous!

If you want any of my files, I can get them to you within a few minutes.

Cheers,

ian P.

Thanks for the offer, Ian. I think I'm pretty far with the project - here's the last rendition:

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Didn't quite escape.
    Looking good, Mark!

Cheers,

Ian P.

Just want to say thank you to all involved here. Really appreciate your awesome work. Please take your time and enjoy what you do. Things always seem to work out better that way in the end.

Blog Entries
    Jens-Ole sent me his hand painted art for the fire panel today. I built the part and added it to the VC. The weapons strip will also be integrated. I'm refining the LM gauge lighting for brightness and color. The night shot here is using my custom VC lighting effect from the Tigercat.

Each addition develops the personality of this plane. That fire panel really brings that forward view to life.

Last edited by gman5250; January 6th, 2018 at 20:11.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Very nice indeed Gman. Superb artwork each shot delivered.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quick question... While I await the awesome K, I've been flying the existing version in P3D V4. Works and looks great, except the mirror reflective wheels.

So I have a couple of total newbie questions on converting the textures:
    1) Should convert them all, or just the gear?
    2) Assuming I should convert them to DDS 32-bit?
    3) Is DXTBmp or Photoshop (I have CC) the way to go, or is there a batch program if I should convert them all?
    4) If there's a newbie's guide to doing this that I've missed somewhere, can someone point me to it? ;-)

Thanks for answering my "didn't everyone figure this stuff out in 2006?" questions. ;-)

My advice would be to wait a few weeks and you will have a much more refined and complete replication of the b-26k. The old K has no K vc, but the generic original invader cockpit and it has the issue with very low resolution on the gauges. Pluss we are putting a lot of effort into other parts of the model to make it as close to the K model as we can manage. This includes all new HD textures and weapon loadout.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Quick question... While I await the awesome K, I've been flying the existing version in P3D V4. Works and looks great, except the mirror reflective wheels.

So I have a couple of total newbie questions on converting the textures:
    1) Should convert them all, or just the gear?
    2) Assuming I should convert them to DDS 32-bit?
    3) Is DXTBmp or Photoshop (I have CC) the way to go, or is there a batch program if I should convert them all?
    4) If there's a newbie's guide to doing this that I've missed somewhere, can someone point me to it? ;-)

Thanks for answering my "didn't everyone figure this stuff out in 2006?" questions. ;-)
    You can get an Nvidia plug-in for Photoshop that saves files as .dds. Alternatively you could try saving as .dds with no alpha with DXTbmp. There is also a little routine I could send you to batch convert if you want - very useful for portovers. However, I have a faint memory of the tyre problem being related to the use of the FS9 model in FSX so it may not work. As JensOle said, we are working on a complete rebuild with tyre treads even bump mapped...!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the responses.

If we're weeks away from the B-26K, I can just patiently wait and fly more boring planes in the meantime. (Or just not switch to external views until I've retracted the goofy tired. Or pretend I'm in that episode of Amazing Stories. :-)

The work you're doing on the update is stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Jens-Ole sent me his hand painted art for the fire panel today. I built the part and added it to the VC. The weapons strip will also be integrated. I'm refining the LM gauge lighting for brightness and color. The night shot here is using my custom VC lighting effect from the Tigercat.

Each addition develops the personality of this plane. That fire panel really brings that forward view to life.

Wonderful job ********!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

This is looking absolutely AWESOME! Thanks to all involved with this project! The suspense waiting for this is almost killing me!

Yes. There’s so much excitement right now. I can’t pick between the B-26, C123 or C119 project to be most enthusiastic about.

Blog Entries
    I think the basic improvements on the VC are at an acceptable level to hand it over to the team to do their final work.

I did some detailed modeling on the radios, TACAN and VHF, made some changes on the quadrant base and cut the Boolean cuts for the levers. I added a full cage with ribs and formers, and some other bits here and there. One thing to add is the overhead switch panel for the battery and other electronics switches.

The exterior and interior models are now mated and everything on the restored model seems to check out. The new model is current for FSX, FSX SE, P3D2/3 and P3D4. DaveQ and JensOle are going to take the model with the fixes and updates and finalize the package.

The interior re-model.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries

Thomas Jefferson

Just simply beautiful representation of a fantastic warbird Gman. I have to ask though, will it be possible to TacPack it?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Just simply beautiful representation of a fantastic warbird Gman. I have to ask though, will it be possible to TacPack it?
    That will be up to DaveQ and Jens-Ole. I still need to model the armament strip at the top of the panel, so I can code the switches as needed.
    Thomas Jefferson

I sure hope it does get tacpacked....there is going to be a historically accurate Laotian theater for it to prowl around.

That will be up to DaveQ and Jens-Ole. I still need to model the armament strip at the top of the panel, so I can code the switches as needed.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

As of now dont think we have the skills or experience to make it Tac pack compatible (Gordon and Mark might have experience with this). As you know, the K is a rather weapon hungry lady and to bring new weapons into Tac Pack is not something I have experience with.

There are currently no plan to make it Tac pack compatible, but all stores will be selectable from the load out menu so that you can get the visual you want in the regard to weapons.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I wanted to share a few previews of the outstanding work roger wilco 66 is doing for the K project, bellow are a few shots of the LAU-3a pod (with and without fairings)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot720.jpg   Scrshot721.jpg   Scrshot723.jpg   Scrshot724.jpg  

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I'm eager to see these things on the aircraft! :-)

Gordon did an exceptional job on it, if I may add. This is one of the top highlights for me. A true american hot rod of the skies, the Counter Invader.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

I just came across this thread and became curious. Is this a rework of the A-26 VC along the lines of the C-47 and is pending release some time in the near future?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    I just came across this thread and became curious. Is this a rework of the A-26 VC along the lines of the C-47 and is pending release some time in the near future?
    This is a rework of the B-26K Counter Invader. I don't have the time available to create something that would compliment Jan Visser's C-47, but the remodel is a big step forward from the original. I came in to the project to straighten out some animation glitches and ended up restoring the entire Gmax model. The focal point of the VC is the panel, which has all new 3D modeling for the gauges and radios. I made quite a few changes on the quadrant, the cockpit frame and I upgraded the art to 4K.

I just handed the model off to the team to do their magic. They will keep everyone updated on a release date. Should be close now that the model is up to date.
    Thomas Jefferson

Should be close now that the model is up to date.
    I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for all the work you contribute to this sim!

A-26K Update

We are still working through a number of issues with FSX in particular, and this week has been quite difficult. As always it all looks nearly done and you think it can go out in a few days, then beta testing starts throwing up the unexpected (this is why we do it...!). But we now have RW66's weapons pack to play with so here are a few shots.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Very nice work to everyone involved. Looking forward to flying her.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Members who have read this thread: 9