SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ... - Page 16
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

Good pics of the nose art on both sides, the rest looks relatively simple
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

A26

Hello Jankees,
    I know it's a little off-topic but please which scenery are you using for the pics of Dina Might?
    Is it a combo of different package, the autogen looks amazing!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mercure View Post
    Hello Jankees,
    I know it's a little off-topic but please which scenery are you using for the pics of Dina Might?
    Is it a combo of different package, the autogen looks amazing!!
    Thanks
    in the first pics I posted it is a freeware photoreal package of Belgium, the second series is above Sweden from ORBX
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

I'd really love to see a repaint of "Sweet Eloise II" as well. The most recent restoration and paintwork on that aircraft was just completed early last year.

As its website details, it is one of the highest-time combat vet warbirds flying today, with over 1800 documented combat hours flown. It is painted in the markings it had originally when it was the personal aircraft of the 730th Bomb Squadron Commander, Charles H. Howe, at Pusan, South Korea in 1951, who named the aircraft "Sweet Eloise" after his wife. It is also configured as it was during the Korean War, with the gun turrets removed.

A great many detail photos of the aircraft here:
    https://www.a-26invader.com/military-history-1
    https://www.a-26invader.com/restoration

As always, great artistry Jankees; thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

First attempt:
    jk9177

jk9185

jk9193
    I continue next weekend

Beautiful, Jankees..
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I continue:
    better visibility for the nose art:
    jk9213

and I've added some exhaust stains:
    jk9225

any remarks, or can I upload?

and while I was at it I thought I'd include some spare parts:
    jk9238

jk9230

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

any remarks, or can I upload?
    They all look great. Will "Sweet Eloise II" work with the non-turret model??

You can upload anytime. Thanks much.
    -- WH

No reason why not. All the models use the same textures. Just change the model call in the aircraft.cfg variant entry.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

I hope this question has not been asked before but has the VC ever been updated? The current version looks pretty dated.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I hope this question has not been asked before but has the VC ever been updated? The current version looks pretty dated.
    It has been, but the files have been lost through a horrible mishap that one of the people on the team has had.

Priller

A new vc was in preparation for the B-26K; we got as far as getting it ready for P3D but it wouldn't compile for FSX for some reason. My hope was that, once the K was out, a similar level of upgrade could be applied to the earlier models. I made a decision to seek approval to publish what we had, warts and all, rather than shelve the project till all was complete, in case that was never achieved. Maybe one day.....

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Yes, I am aware of the bad luck that befell our comrade. I just didn't realize that the VC was one of the projects lost. Hopefully the VC will be resurrected at some point as the B-26 is a beautiful aircraft that deserves a matching interior. I for one would welcome whatever VC was on the verge of being released, warts and all. Thanks to all who were involved on that project even though it met an untimely demise.

Time to bump this up..
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    They all look great. Will "Sweet Eloise II" work with the non-turret model??

You can upload anytime. Thanks much.
    I finally found time to upload my last paints, and yes, Eloise does work without a turret:
    jk0071

jk0068

JD-1 Model and Panel Update

Uploaded today, along with a repaint of 89075 from VU-3 at China Lake. Some 150 JD-1's were supplied to the U.S. Navy and in use up until the early 1960's. The majority were from cancelled RAF orders, others from surplus stock. They were used by 7 utility squadrons for a number of secondary roles, including Ryan Firebee drone control and for target towing. Most were modified with a new observation station in a glazed nose.

Also uploaded a modification to the bomb door switch in the vc to enable the doors to be opened from the panel - this applies to all military models with functioning bomb doors.

DaveQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshots 3.jpg   Screenshots 1.jpg  

Great to see a JD-1. Very nice model and thank you very much.

I did the USAF equivalent, a DB-26C. 44-35666 assigned to the Air Missile Development Command at Holloman AFB. Day Orange was applied to all of the Drone Carriers in 1959. I will create a Ryan XQ-2C and a Q-2A drone for this model. I think I can do something similar to your JD-1.

Thomas

Outstanding work! Love the idea of DB-26 with drones.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Wow! Both are gorgeous! Thank you!

Has anyone thought to try any On Mark executive conversion models?

Blog Entries
    Hello Milton and team,

Thanks for this lovely iteration of the '26. Dave, your JD-1 has me written all over it - many kind thanks, that was a lovely surprise. Likewise, I look forward to the DB-26, will be the perfect commuter between Holloman and Edwards...

Thanks so much to all!

dl

Members who have read this thread: 9