SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ... - Page 13
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 356789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

416th Bomb Group 668th Bomb Sqn Tribute

I am really liking this A-26 and when I discovered the 416th Bomb Group Website I spent a few hours there yesterday. Here is a repaint that I did as a tribute to Capt. L.J. Prucha and "Sugar Baby" A26B in 1945. The 416th started flying the A-20 Havoc from RAF Weathersfield in Essex before transitioning to the A-26 and flying over to airfields in France.

Left side

Right side

Base leg approaching RAF
    Weathersfield

Here is Sugar Baby loading for the next mission

Capt. Prucha by the left side see the noseart

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image_180822_141152.jpg   A26 668th Sugar Baby Side view.jpg   Image_180822_141208.jpg   Image_180822_141657.jpg   j050_19450416pruchalj_combat_sugarbaby_front_rgb0600.jpg  

These look very nice !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

They Were Fun

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    These look very nice !
    Thank you. I have been hopping around between the B24, A26, PT17 Stearman, and now the A2A T6 Texan I just got a bit ago. I have also created 4 different WWII AAF training fields which I will be showing in their own thread next week. Real life taking my next few days. I have a unique addition to the airfields that I think is really special I don't believe has been done except by me 2 years ago I hope you will enjoy.

Was wondering if there was any chance of an update on what's going on with this project?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade408 View Post
    Was wondering if there was any chance of an update on what's going on with this project?
    Hang in there Swtichblade…

I'm just now getting my workstation back up to full song after being seriously hacked for a few months. I've been going through my workflow and testing what is good, and what needs repair. The K is back in play, and I'll update shortly.

My apologies to the team, and members for the delay but it couldn't be helped.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Now that is brilliant news!!

Priller

That's exciting news, gman! And thanks for sticking with it despite what happened. That had to be so frustrating.

Hello everyone,

-Good news, Gman!
    What's new for the Grumman F-7F?
    Thank you!

Alain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello everyone,

-Good news, Gman!
    What's new for the Grumman F-7F?
    Thank you!

Alain

The Tigercat was about 90% completed when the system broke. The interior model is beta ready, and the exterior model conversion from GMAX to 3DStudio is complete with animations approx. 90% completed with only undercarriage remaining. I've been going through those files as well as the K, the Buffalo, the Abrams P-1 and other projects.

All of the files are being upgraded to PBR texturing and P3Dv4 compatibility, along with FSX, FSX SE and P3Dv3 and earlier. The F-7 Tigercat is also receiving a re-vamp of the bump maps where I have corrected the rivets to "flush".
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The Tigercat was about 90% completed when the system broke. The interior model is beta ready, and the exterior model conversion from GMAX to 3DStudio is complete with animations approx. 90% completed with only undercarriage remaining. I've been going through those files as well as the K, the Buffalo, the Abrams P-1 and other projects.

All of the files are being upgraded to PBR texturing and P3Dv4 compatibility, along with FSX, FSX SE and P3Dv3 and earlier. The F-7 Tigercat is also receiving a re-vamp of the bump maps where I have corrected the rivets to "flush".
    *be still my beating heart*!

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

Excellent news, we are all in for many treats as your productivity gets back to normal
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I think we should chip in to have some meals and beer delivered to gman for all of his hard work on these upcoming projects!

(Only half-kidding.)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    I think we should chip in to have some meals and beer delivered to gman for all of his hard work on these upcoming projects!

(Only half-kidding.)
    I'm in. All gman has to do is give us his paypal address to use.

Blog Entries
    You guys, and ladies, are all great.

The gestures are appreciated, and if we cross paths in the real world we can all buy each other beers.
    Thomas Jefferson

Back On The 416th And A-26

Here is my third A-26 from this fantastic aircraft. This tribute is to 1st LT B.G. Bishop and MISS MILDRED 370th Bomb Sqn 416th Bomb Group 1945. The noseart was all hand painted all day yesterday. I find the more I attempt and practice it gets a little better each time. Here a couple screen shots and the an actual photo of the noseart I used. I found an example of a 1/72nd Airfix kit that a guy did for his neighbor who was part of the Miss Mildred Crew. The Airfix decals are different than the photo so I don't know if Airfix took license or the noseart was repainted later. I did mine according to the real photo as to me that's proof of what it really looked like.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Miss Mildred Noseart.jpg   Miss Mildred Shot 2.jpg   Miss Mildred Nose Art 1.jpg  

Hello everyone,
    I repaint this B-26 in its new version, but I can not make the wheels matt they remain brilliant despite that there is no alpha layer on the texture.
    Do you have an idea to solve this problem? I am on P3DV4
    Thank you
    Marty

Track down the 8 bit textures and modify them. I had the same problem in FsX Dx10.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post

Hello everyone,
    I repaint this B-26 in its new version, but I can not make the wheels matt they remain brilliant despite that there is no alpha layer on the texture.
    Do you have an idea to solve this problem? I am on P3DV4
    Thank you
    Marty
    Hi Marty :-)

Great work; love that painr scheme. :-)

Roger has the solution I believe.

Remember these models were built for FS2004 back in 2006-2007 and textures were often made smaller using 8-bit and dxt3 compression.

Attached is a DXT1 version; try it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Any interest in a repaint of "Sweet Eloise II"??

-- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

love it since I lost both my custom paints whit the computer crash and would like this one definitely. Are you up tp it?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    love it since I lost both my custom paints whit the computer crash and would like this one definitely. Are you up tp it?
    Who, Me?? I was hoping someone had already done this one or is planning to. I don't have the skills or patience for creating new textures, but I do have the photos (my other hobby).
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Depressed And Discouraged

My Mildred was probably one of the best I have done in a while and when it got lost before THE NEXT DAY (I needed a new flash drive) the Gremlins got my computer, I am very down on repaints or scenery right now so not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Hi Marty :-)

Great work; love that painr scheme. :-)

Roger has the solution I believe.

Remember these models were built for FS2004 back in 2006-2007 and textures were often made smaller using 8-bit and dxt3 compression.

Attached is a DXT1 version; try it.
    Hello,
    thank you Roger and Milton for your answers I correct this
    Reg
    Marty

Now that I've begun the switch from FSX to P3Dv4, I am even more eagerly awaiting the release of this aircraft! Are there any updates to speak of?

The project has 'gone dark' since Gordon's computer crash and each of us has moved on to other things. However, I said in July/August I'd put something together on the 'K' but never really got a clear steer as to whether the others would agree. I've also got some workable WWII/Korean A/B-26 models but these lack Gordon's refined VC. I will put some packages together after Christmas but people will have to live with their limitations until such time as we can take it further. I will have to get permissions from Milton and John Terrell (who did the A/B-26 VC's) and the rest of the guys but we should be good with that.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Members who have read this thread: 10