SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ... - Page 12
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: SOH A-26 Invader, the story continues ...

Looking Brilliant Gordon,

Patiently anticipating its release. And all your others.
    Also glad to see you on board with the Jetstar.
    Boy, I think you need a couple more projects. You've still got a couple minutes left on your calendar don't ya.

Thanks for all your work,
    Doc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAVY DOC View Post
    Looking Brilliant Gordon,

Patiently anticipating its release. And all your others.
    Also glad to see you on board with the Jetstar.
    Boy, I think you need a couple more projects. You've still got a couple minutes left on your calendar don't ya.

Thanks for all your work,
    Doc
    Thank you sir, much appreciated.

I'm concentrating on getting this project wrapped up along with the F7F Tigercat, then clearing the decks for the Jetstar. My scenery work is also closing in on being ready for the market.

IMO...sleep is highly over rated.
    But seriously, solving the piggin' Win10 Telemetry curse has changed the game.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Lovely 3D work. What is possible in the sim today has vastly complicated the development and time required. Beyond the basic sim aircraft many projects have a lot of workarounds contained in .Dll's. An example is a certain P3D Corsair in which we went through lots of hoops to get an R2800 that had realistic falloff in power with altitude and a shiftable blower. Other "stuff" was incorporated, but the point is that there is probably a sweet spot where development time and effort hits most of the points without getting carried away.

The basic sim is incredibly ancient in today's environment and could be considerable improved, but the heyday of huge studios to develop high fidelity desktop flight simulations is probably dead.

Keep up the wonderful work! T

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thank you sir, much appreciated.

I'm concentrating on getting this project wrapped up along with the F7F Tigercat, then clearing the decks for the Jetstar. My scenery work is also closing in on being ready for the market.

IMO...sleep is highly over rated.
    But seriously, solving the piggin' Win10 Telemetry curse has changed the game.
    As usual, gorgeous work Gordon. I too am very much looking forward to this one.

Looking better and better! Come to think, there's a helmet that has gotten stuck in the pipeline. I see to getting it ready tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Cool

Hi,
    Beautiful project while waiting for hours of pleasure at the controls of this plane ;-)

Well, Special K is now in the paint shop, getting dressed in her new Southeast Asia camouflage. Naturally, I'm curious as to the progress with the sim version. Any updates?

Man Gordon! That bird looks awesome!
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade408 View Post
    Well, Special K is now in the paint shop, getting dressed in her new Southeast Asia camouflage. Naturally, I'm curious as to the progress with the sim version. Any updates?
    +1
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

I am interested to make textures on
    regards
    Marty

*Bump* Would it be possible to have a status report?

Thanks in advance!

Priller

I'll check out my latest version and check with the team to see how things stand. As best I recall there were problems with the vc in FSX, though I think the P3D4 version is OK. I'm going to be 'out of the office' from Wednesday but will try post something before I leave.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries
    Brief HU.

Recently, I discovered that all of my post history on this site has disappeared from my page. I don't think it is the fault of admin, possibly a residual effect of precautions against hostile intruders.

That being said, I am unable to track any of my previously posted conversations here. Also, I am severely restricted with a broken Windows OS, resulting from the last upgrade. A new disk is en route, but I will be required to install a new HD...OS, and all software....again.
    This has all rendered me radio silent recently.

Regarding the K.

The P3D version is beta ready, but consistently crashes the sim when changing aircraft. I've been attempting to chase out the bug, but as of this time the problem persists.

BTW:
    I would be extremely cautious in the cyber communities from here forward.
    The dark web has become so pervasive, with exponentially accelerated spawns of bots, AI and other nasties seeking means to mine "crypto" or troll, it is evident that the web is now losing the relative safety of previous years.

Certain "actors" have no sense of integrity or moral compass when injecting their adversarial creations into the public domain.
    IMO, this should be a capital offense, but that's just me thinking out loud. I have a ton of research archived in this area, but as an example I will cite the MIT "Norman" AI which was recently released into the wild. This particular bot is a psychopathic personality, written by psychopathic idiots at the most prestigious technical institution on the planet.

What that says for MIT or any of the "scholars" who pursue these repugnant endeavors is up to the observer.

My dilemma is, in part, a result of MS and other entities prioritizing their...errrrrr….security above my ability to conduct my private affairs. The result for me is that I find myself nearing the decision to withdraw from the field entirely.

G
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Gordon has answered the question about what's happening with regards to the models he's been working on. I will be back early July and see what can be put out then.

Patience.....!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

This Express is sweet as sugar !

Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Nice screenshot! The wartime A-26's are still to be done but work has started (see early posts). Gordon still has problems with his computer but hopes it will all soon be resolved and work can re-start sorting out the remaining issues, mainly around getting it all to work in FSX! However, things continue to crop up; we were concerned that the flaps impacted the ordnance when loaded so they were reset. Now we discover that in real life, the flap angle could not exceed 38 degrees for take-off when external stores were carried otherwise the flaps impacted the ordnance....!!. An internal switch prevented this in the K. Oh well, something else to fix. Such is life for a development team!

Will keep you posted as we progress...! And thanks for your patience!

DaveQ

Carpetbaggers

I came across this post and seeing some cool pics in my search adventures into Carpetbaggers aka 801st Bomb Squadron 492nd Bomb Group RAF Harrington ssshhhhh its a secret. LOL. True for a lotta years though. Anyway, I downloaded all the stuff and installed it I thought according to "Hoyle" but my FSX Acceleration crashes everytime... ok now hours later, I discover that the problem is the panel folder/gauges. At desperation, I renamed it to panel.old and copied into the folder a panel from the default Beech Kingair just to see and no crash at all. So, below is my repaint I did this afternoon and the photo it was done from, this is for MY use and I give all the credit for the original repaint of Spirit Of Waco to John Terrell which I modified not being able to find the paintkit probably my fault not looking in the right place for it. Anyway, I can open up the panel in FSPS without any problem at all but it won't work in my sim. I really want to fly this not with the Kingair panel. I tried with different textures and models and it did not make any difference. It still crashed the sim as soon as you say Fly Now. Help please!!!

PS the first thumbnail is the mod I am going to do of Queen Of Spades at a later date that I attached on accident. There is also a King of Diamonds A-26C with top and bottom guns. They must have found a better noseart artist because they have elaborate playing card noseart as this as you can see is a stick figure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A26-Queen-of-Spades-2.jpg   Queen Of Spades.jpg   Carbetbagger-A-26C-invader-queen-of-spades.jpg  

Are you flying P3D or FSX...?

FSX Acceleration Box

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Are you flying P3D or FSX...?
    FSX Acceleration Box DVD version. Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Its Fixed

I got up this morning still frustrated and started experimenting...no luck. I as you know here, have posted before if you can't figure it out yourself, ask for some Divine help and the answer was given immediately: I did a Google search for the A26 panel and came up with a post in the AVSIM forum from 2016 on there: CTD WITH SOH-A26 INVADER in FSX Acceleration. Thanks to STANS in the AVSIM forum who gave the answer to "Mr Dirt":

It could also be the panel.cfg file in the panel folder. Open the panel.cfg file with wordpad. Look for this line near the end of the file.

gauge49=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3,10,10,20,20, ./gauges/A26B_sound.cfg

Either delete this line or add two forward strokes so that it appears like this.

gauge49=//dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3,10,10,20,20, ./gauges/A26B_sound.cfg

This particular gauge is a FS9 only gauge and if used in FSX it will cause a crash.

Thank you Lord and thank you STANS from 2016 for the answer. My A26C with the beautiful panel from "Real Old Salt" is on the runway.

Thank you too to Seahawk72s for your offer to help. I'll PM you the answer too in a minute. I'm looking forward to adding the "King Of Diamonds" to my Carpetbagger Hanger too.

Glad to see you have it pin pointed.
    The Doug Dawson gauge you mention has an FSX replacement, it's named "dsd_fsx_xml_sound" and can be found here.
    First entry at the top of the page.

https://www.douglassdawson.ca/

I changed the entry to: "gauge49=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!dsd_fsx_xml_sound, 10,10,20,20,./gauges/A26B_sound.cfg" and
    the panel works fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails replacement.jpg  

dsd fsx sound gau

After reading your reply here, in the "deep dark recesses" of my memory I remember Calclassics making a note of replacing Doug's FS9 with his FSX in one of their panels and I've already got the gauge in my FSX Gauges Folder. Added the line and thank you for your help. Obviously all those who are successfully flying this beautiful plane already knew to replace the FS9 with the FSX version. Just tried it myself and it works great thank you. I can do another repaint or 2 now that it works.

Last comment here about the panel. Gauge 31 on the Main Panel the Engine Start Gauge is ALSO an FS9 Gauge which I remember from CalClassics DC6 FS9 if you want to fly in FSX. It has to stay // Commented out or the FSX with CTD. The switches on the Overhead ECU do throw but are not connected. Have to use CTRL E to start the engines. I tried to lookup Rich Murray "Real Old Salt" who designed the gauges for the FS9 version but can't find him here anywhere. The Energize and the Starter Switches are XML code and I opened them up to see why they won't start the engines without the FS9 Engine Starter.gau. They look like they should start the engines but I don't know enough XML code to know why not. Rich has disclaimers of not changing/sharing etc. so I hesitated putting them in FSDevelopers without permission. If you're reading Rich or one of you guys can contact him for his permission or his help I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by tgycgijoes; August 18th, 2018 at 11:53.

Working Starters and Energizer Sound for the FSX+ SOH A-26

As requested from over at FS Developer/Gauges here is a little kit that will get the energizer/starter switches back operational, it includes a working energizer spool up sound.
    This is tested fully in FSX and "should" work for P3D as long as the correct DSD sound gauge is installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rddkw9yoqp..._A-26.zip?dl=1

Roman
    Roman

Great stuff, Roman. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Installed

Thanks again Roman, after realizing that I forgot to reinstall the sound folder I could hear the engines start after the starter was engaged. The Energizer whine is beautiful and everything works perfectly. Now I am going after some repaints of the 416th Bomb Group downloading all kinds of info this afternoon. I have the blank all metal textures ready. I downloaded two movies from utube too and had a "movie afternoon" drooling and can't wait to do the first noseart and markings and get in the air. I also downloaded two French airfields that I will tweak to 1945 standards like get rid of the go-cart track. LOL I'll post the results here later. The gauge is super!!!!!!!

Richard

Members who have read this thread: 9