Prepar3Dv4 Optimization & Performance Discussion Forum

Thread: Prepar3Dv4 Optimization & Performance Discussion Forum

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Prepar3Dv4 Optimization & Performance Discussion Forum

Prepar3Dv4 64-bit is here and has changed how we approach flight simulation as a hobby or a vocation. Upon it's arrival, developers and simulation pilots around the globe began to explore the platform with enthusiasm and anticipation.

In the spirit of moving the flight simulation experience forward into a truly expansive expression of it's potential, a few members suggested that we launch a dedicated thread where we can share our combined experience and accumulated knowledge, to the benefit of all.

It is my hope, and I'm sure the hope of administration and the members, that this thread will help everyone take full advantage and gain full enjoyment from their simulator and support hardware.

To begin the discussion, I have put together a video that outlines how I set up and maintain P3Dv4, peripherals and equipment. This video begins by covering the topic of the AffinityMask, then moves into setup with the simulator running live throughout the entire video. The viewer can see, in real time, exactly how each tweak affects the sim.

Filming Notes:

This is the first video I have published that was actually filmed in 4K. The video capture was done through Nvidia Shadowplay while simultaneously running ActiveSky Next forP3Dv4 live weather, TrackIR head tracking and ChasePlane Camera System.

For the Rivet Counters...
    There are a few negligible micro stutters that will appear when the floating camera is panning across scenery and around the airplane. These artifacts are not related to the CPU, GPU or the setup, but rather to the motion of the ChasePlane camera itself. I'm confident that the ChasePlane developers are working on this, and that future updates will eliminate this tiny anomaly.

I hope everyone enjoys the thread and improves their simulator while saving their equipment in the process.

Last edited by roger-wilco-66; November 8th, 2017 at 20:43.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 0