Free flight

Thread: Free flight

Free flight

How do you fix the Free Fligth when you get the message of,Failed to initalize the database.
    You migth need to reinstall this product as some data files
    are missing or corrupted.
    John

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Icon22

You probably need to remove some planes. I think the limit is around 100 or so. Get a copy of Martin Wright's ACMan (aircraft manager). It makes it simple to swap planes in and out of you main, active folder.

Go to http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/ then cfs2/FS2002 -> Utilities. You'll find ACMan listed under Aircraft Utilities

MR

PS If it isn't an issue with the planes I think having too many entries in your OBJECTS_DP folder can also give you the same message.
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    You probably need to remove some planes. I think the limit is around 100 or so. Get a copy of Martin Wright's ACMan (aircraft manager). It makes it simple to swap planes in and out of you main, active folder.

Go to http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/ then cfs2/FS2002 -> Utilities. You'll find ACMan listed under Aircraft Utilities

MR

PS If it isn't an issue with the planes I think having too many entries in your OBJECTS_DP folder can also give you the same message.

MaskRider, I have less then 75 Planes, Less then 75 ships.
    But in the DP, file I have 1241 items.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by John Pirnie View Post
    John
    I think 60 is max

Quote Originally Posted by captmercy View Post
    I think 60 is max
    60 on max for what?
    John

Icon22

It sounds to me as though you are well within limits all the way around- I have 1460+ items in my objects_dp folder.

Did you just add a plane, ship or maybe some scenery objects?

Many times there will be an issue with something newly installed and you will get the same error message.

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Quote Originally Posted by John Pirnie View Post
    John
    At 97 aircraft my self but his can change depending on PC. The total must include Player, AI and any alternative paints that make use of the [fltsim.#] set up in the aircraft.cfg.

In the OBJECTS_DP folder is the total just .DP files? Any .CDP shouldn't be counted far as I know in your total.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Icon22

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    In the OBJECTS_DP folder is the total just .DP files? Any .CDP shouldn't be counted far as I know in your total.
    Roger that, Allen. If I include .cdp files my 1460+ count jumps to 2180+

Chris

Also, Allen your point about the plane count is a good one. That is one of the nice things about ACMan. It conveniently shows you all of the various versions called out in the various aircraft.cfg files. Need to make sure you are counting everything, not just the number plane folders.

I got rid of the issue of multi-plane folders some time ago. Whenever I install a new AC, if it has multiple versions in the same folder I always break them up into their various single plane folders.

Chris

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

Quote Originally Posted by MaskRider View Post
    Roger that, Allen. If I include .cdp files my 1460+ count jumps to 2180+

Chris

Also, Allen your point about the plane count is a good one. That is one of the nice things about ACMan. It conveniently shows you all of the various versions called out in the various aircraft.cfg files. Need to make sure you are counting everything, not just the number plane folders.

I got rid of the issue of multi-plane folders some time ago. Whenever I install a new AC, if it has multiple versions in the same folder I always break them up into their various single plane folders.

Chris

​Doesn't anyone have an answer?
    John ?

When you get this message does CFS2 CTD or can you still fly after clicking OK?

Do any of your aircraft use Wolfis US Pilot?

If you leave the Stock US Pilot in the Aircraft Folder, & try to use Wolfis US Pilot bgl, you will see this message, but if you click OK you can still fly (with US pilot display issues).

I'm working on recompiling the bgl with a fresh GUID & rename so it won't conflict with the stock US pilot.

When was the last time you did NOT get the message?

What change did you make to your CFS2 set-up since the last time it was working? Whatever change you made is most likely the culprit.

MR

PS: How many aircraft folders do you have in your CFS2/AIRCRAFT folder? Did you install ACMan? If so how many AC does it say you have?

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH

If I remember right, at one time, a problem with mine was a .dp file in error

I would move aircraft out of the aircraft folder (leave the stock aircraft in place) in groups of 5 or 10 at a time than start CFS2 and see if the error stops. Keep doing so tell the error stops or all you have add-on aircraft out. If the error still happens with add-on aircraft out than your looking at an error related to OBJECTS_DP folder most likely
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I would move aircraft out of the aircraft folder (leave the stock aircraft in place) in groups of 5 or 10 at a time than start CFS2 and see if the error stops. Keep doing so tell the error stops or all you have add-on aircraft out. If the error still happens with add-on aircraft out than your looking at an error related to OBJECTS_DP folder most likely

Slow down!
    One thing at a time, OK.
    John

Lightbulb Check the CFS2 "error.LOG" file

Yo John;

Perhaps you might check the file: error.LOG located in the main CFS2 folder.
    Open it with Notepad

This should indicate any component that failed to load, (by mission object number) thus causing the mission load failure.

Often I have found the cause to be a single component that failed to create a .CDP file.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs201.jpg  
    Dirtman

~~ CFS2 Fulfills my need to "peacefully" blow things up ~~

I went back and looked at one of my "fail to initialize" posts in FF and QC and is was an errant .dp file in a ship! That fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    I went back and looked at one of my "fail to initialize" posts in FF and QC and is was an errant .dp file in a ship! That fixed it.
    I don't get an error message.
    It is only on the campaign's that are started by an executed [ext]

What was the ship?
    John

I have got the error message with a new and complete clean installation, it mean that the amount of aircrafts and ships nor the objects are the culprit in this case, I have then installet an other set of screens (one of the pacific screens) and voila ,problems dissapered! so it is certainly a problem caused by many different things.
    Killer Svend

John
    Been gone all day and will have to look again tomorrow. Not sure I can find the culprit ship but will try.

John
    The errant ship dp was in my install of Shadow Wolf's USS Essex campaign. I will search deeper later tomorrow .

John Pirnie
    My errant ship .dp file was in JMK_Yukikaze. It was my error though and not the ship model itself. I did not enter the file properly as required by Shadow Wolf's instructions.
    Not sure if this is any help to you but that was my problem at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by highpockets View Post
    John Pirnie
    My errant ship .dp file was in JMK_Yukikaze. It was my error though and not the ship model itself. I did not enter the file properly as required by Shadow Wolf's instructions.
    Not sure if this is any help to you but that was my problem at that time.

Yea, thanks, anyways.
    John

I have 2 or 3 theater installs that are giving me the same issue. Missions are ok just FF and QC won't load. I intend to find out why some of these days.

Members who have read this thread: 0