Ai carrier

Thread: Ai carrier

Ai carrier

Hello, I am new to the forum and I would like help for AI CARRIER. I was able to install AI CARRIER after finding a compatible JAVA. It works with FSX ships and USS Nimitz and USS Eisenhower add-on. But I can not add more boats . I have good add lines in aiCarriers.cfg but it does not work. could someone help me?

by exemple:

AI Carriers
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Use in AICarriers2, add the following to aiCarriers.cfg

[formation.xx] <--------Where xx is the next number in your formation
    title=HMS Ark Royal R07
    unit.0=HMS Ark Royal 2010, 0, 0

but nothing into FSX

thank you.

Welcome to the forum! I have been a loligagger for a couple of years and just recently started posting. Now for my dumb question back to you......

Did you replace the .xx in the [formation.xx] with the appropriate next number?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

The [formation.xx].. If it starts with .0 then the next would be .1, in the Nimitz config the last formation is .39 so the next would be .40.
    You do not need to add the formation to the main config file. You can open the conf.d folder and then right click and add a new Text file,
    then place your........

[formation.0]
    title=HMS Ark Royal R07

into it then save it. Make sure to give the file a name like Ark Royal R07. Now if you want to add more ships to the fleet/task group
    for Ark Royal you can add it to this config file. Makes thing a little more easy to find if your editing a formation. I have a lot of config
    files for just about every navy from ww1 to modern fleets set up in this folder. They all show up in sim when I access AiCarriers.

As for AiCarriers the original that needs Java, I would uninstall it (+ Java) and download AiCarriers.net. It's the same app but does not
    need Java but uses .Net which you should have installed already as it comes with Windows Updates.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Also, look for an extra space that crept in to the titles that shouldn't be there. That caused me some problems. I'll usually use the old coder convention of_a_lower_case_dash_to_prevent_unwanted_spaces_ca using_problems. Like the space in 'causing' that doesn't show up in the message box, but makes the post look like drunk typing...
    I found no real difference between the .net and java versions, except net updates caused extra grief in other locations-more to do with my refusal to update the sim box, which is never plugged into the mojo wire; net version also lost the ability to run multiple AIC2 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by SOHbanditleeloo View Post
    title=HMS Ark Royal R07
    The "formation.xx" number is important as already mentioned. It must start with zero for the first one and they must be sequential after that. If you have more than one of the same number it stops looking for more beyond that.

The "title=" line can be anything you want to make it easier for you to make a selection from the list. A lot of folks have the ship name along it it is sailing alone or add (Group) at the end if it in a formation.

The name of the individual ship after "unit.0=" above is extremely important. It must match the "title=" line in the sim.cfg of the ship that you find in SimObjects/Boats/. And again "unit.x" numbering must start with zero and be sequential.

Hope this helps.

title=HMS Ark Royal R07
    Another little detail I discovered quite by accident: in the line unit.0=HMS Ark Royal 2010, 0, 0 you can't have spaces before the comma's. IE: unit.0=HMS Ark Royal 2010, 0, 0 works fine (NO space before comma's after anything), but unit.0=HMS Ark Royal 2010 , 0 , 0 (notice the new spaces before the comma's) will not show up, and if it does, you will get an Object Placement error if you try to put it someplace.
    Hope this helps some...
    Pat☺

Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 1