Douglas A-20 Havoc 2D panel and effects add on.zip

Thread: Douglas A-20 Havoc 2D panel and effects add on.zip

Hallo Friends,
    there is a little error in the title of the zip.
    It contains NOT ONLY the Sowiet panel but also two US panels, one of the wartime period and one of an restored aircraft with modern radios.

Papi's 2d panel for a-20 havoc

Papi,

Many thanks for your work on producing a remarkably individualistic panel for Milton's a/c. I personally will be sticking with Milton's panel as I like to have the 2D and VC as similar as possible.

However, I have watched with deep respect your pursuit of excellence in the production of some really nice 2D panels for this a/c. I have set up a couple of models to use your latest range of panels for the Havoc and am impressed with your artistic skills and application in producing a very viable and enjoyable 2D panel range for this fine aircraft.

Thanks again for your efforts and for the great times I have had with some of your previous works.

Rgds
    Mal

Hallo Mal,

yes I know that there are differencies between the vc and my panels
    At first the starting point of these panels has been the photo of a real existing and still flying today aircraft.
    Than Milton shared with me a lot of documents about the A20.
    There was not one cockpit layout, there has been a lot of variants.
    So from the starting point I tried to find out the best way to mix all together.
    To minimize the differencies between the 2d panel and the VC I used as much as possible the same gauges as in the VC. A part the russian A20 cockpit.
    I had the idea to work also on the VC's to match more with mine one - but seen the work this would be and that not so much would be interested in this and by respect of Milton I did not touch the VC.
    My last word in this chapter will be and this is my opinion; I for myself prefer to fly with an cockpit what gives me the impression of an existing real plane. That's the reason why I prefer to start from photos than from drawings.
    Allright for me the chapter A20 is closed because I have the feeling that I did not really hit what the people wanted or waited for.
    Thank you for your kind words - and thans to Milton for the suport he gave me.
    Now I will turn back to the OV10A military version panel just for my own pleasure
    Bip Bip
    Yours
    Papi
    I must say that I rarely use the VC's

Hallo Ppi,

I just want to say that I was very impressed with your panel even though I didn't adopt it for my A-20. You did excellent work on it.

I didn't keep it for two reasons. One is that I use the VC at least as much as the 2D panel, and I find it jarring when I switch from one to the other and they don't match (like many models.) The other is that you provided such a wide view in both height and width that the instrument board became so small that I couldn't read the instruments, not even with my reading glasses on. That made it impossible for me to use the panel no matter how much I liked it.

Not everyone minds so much of the 2D and 3D panels are different, and many people have better vision than I do. So far, already 70 people have downloaded your panel, and that's a lot for a site with such limited participants as SOH. I'm sure almost all of them will use it and be very happy to have it. Your efforts will not go to waste.

Hallo,
    what do you think about this solution as switchable overhead gauges:

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    Hallo,
    what do you think about this solution as switchable overhead gauges:
    Oh! I thought you said the information, not the whole instrument! Now I see what you meant. A mini-panel, but at the top instead of the bottom of the screen.

That's nice, but I would rather just put up the line of information that FS provides with Shift+Z. That takes up less space but it's just as easy to read.

Members who have read this thread: 0