Ankors Shaders problem.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ankors Shaders problem.

Ankors Shaders problem.

Hi all,iv`e just got Ankors Shaders installed but there`s something not right ''see pics''.
    Can anyone assist?
    alcanallen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ankors Shaders 1.jpg   Ankors Shaders 2.jpg   Ankors Shaders 3.jpg  

Ankors shaders cured but!!!!!

Sorry folks i just remembered to turn off "Dual Pass Render" in the app`s /config overrides and it`s all good,but how do i stop the cockpit moving around when i climb or turn, it`s a little off putting.can that be turned off too?
    alcanallen.

*** 2. d3d8.ini Parameters ***

The defaults and typical value ranges to be used are included in the comment lines (delineated by a ";" at the start of the line).

HeadShake - Turns on or off the head movement effects.

OffsetSpring - Adjusts the inertia response to movement. Very low values produces an interesting effect -- the view lags its response and tries to stay focused on the same point for some time regardless of aircraft movement.

OffsetResponse - Controls the damping of head shake. Note that higher values means LESS damping, i.e. this parameter defines how quick the view responds to acceleration. It has no effect on rotation.

RotationSpring - Adjusts the inertia response to rotation. Very low values produces an interesting effect -- the view lags its response and tries to stay focused on the same point for some time regardless of aircraft rotation.

MouseLookSpeed - Enables and adjusts the speed of the view movement in response to moving the mouse. Mouse look can be switched on/off in-game by clicking RIGHT mouse button and it starts OFF by default. So to use mouse look you will need to right-click the mouse once. This can also be temporarily disabled in game by going to an external view or holding down the "Alt" key in the cockpit.

MouseLookReset - Controls the time in seconds before the Mouse Look function returns the view back to the default.

ZoomInStep - Adjusts the amount that the view magnification changes as the scroll wheel is turned.

ZoomOutStep - Adjusts the amount that the view magnification changes as the scroll wheel is turned.

ZoomSpeed - Adjusts the smoothing effect of going between different view magnification levels.

InvertMouseZoom - Sets direction of mouse wheel to zoom in versus out.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing Major. Learn something new all the time. Regards,Scott

Moving cockpit

Thank you o wise one!
    John.

Another Question.

Back again,iv`e kinda sorted the Ankors Shaders in one installation but the aircraft seem to have to much shine can this be altered/disabled?

Thanks,
    John.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ankors Shaders 4.jpg  

You can adjust the parameters globally or you can address particular aircraft if they don't all have the problem.

AnKor Shader Developer ReadMe Feb 2017.txt says:

*** 2. d3d8.ini Parameters ***

The defaults and typical value ranges to be used are included in the comment lines (delineated by a ";" at the start of the line).

EnvReflection - Adjusts the amount of the envriomental image that is reflected off the aircraft texture. This appears as anything from subtle tinting of the surfaces, to a full mirror image depending on the glossiness

Glossiness - Adjusts how broadly or narrowly the specular effects are spread across the surface of the aircraft texture.

*** 8. Aircraft Texture and Model Mods ***

While AnKor's shaders make an increadible improvement to the rendering of the aircraft in the game there can be some issues with the models developed prior to these shaders being available. Understanding the source of the conflicts and how to address them will let you make the most of the the power contained within these shaders.

For example, if the aircraft appears black or grey in the game it is often associated with a *_r.dds or *_s.dds file that was saved with an alpha layer that will need to be resaved without the alpha. Default aircraft that are far too reflective will need their *_r.dds or *_s.dds files darkened to reduce the intensity of the effect.

The default settings for this package are EnvReflection=5 and Glossiness=1 to provide a moderate amount of enviromental color to be displayed on a surface with diffused specular effects. This is done for compatibility with most of the stock painted or weathered aluminum aircraft finishes.

If adjusting these two parameters does not achieve the desired look it may be that the model files themselves will need to be modified.

The first thing to check is the *_r.dds or *_s.dds file brightness levels. For problematic aircraft these are often found to be too light, and will need to be edited to reduce their brightness. Additionally these may not have incorporated the appropriate local shading to correspond to the expected reflectivity on those surfaces. For matt painted surfaces brightness values in the 0-5% range should be used. For polished aluminum surfaces 10-16% brightness can be used. Values in between these ranges can be applied to provide localized variety to the aircraft finish to represent uneven weathering.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Shine adjustments

Thanks Major,will look at the individual aircraft as not all appear that way.
    John.

ETO_Spit_I_RNN

Major,this aircraft has two dds files in the texture folder,namely Spit_1a_RNN_s.dds the other t.dds and they are encrypted so i cannot find my way there.
    Any clues?
    John.

It turns out that this was an issue with the specular factor set in the m3d file. Many of the older models have these set at a default E5 E5 E5, and I've found that lowering this parameter to 30 30 30 by hex editing the file seems to resolve the issue in most cases.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

AnKor has recently addressed the first couple of the issues raised in this thread. I just picked up a new version to run through testing, but with next week off I should be able to finish the evaluation and publishing something soon.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2020

Icon14

Thanks for keeping up with this stuff! The shaders have been transformational for CFS 3.5

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Looking forward to it's release. Had problems before and did away with it.Can't wait for WOTR. New life for CFS3 !! Maybe all will be correct in this later chapter of CFS3. Will gladly shell out some money for this one!

No problems with the testing so far. I'm trying to decide if this should be released as just the few files that need updating, or to refresh the whole package again.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Ankors

Great news Major,looking forward to the new release,
    John.

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Icon22 A friendly request

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    No problems with the testing so far. I'm trying to decide if this should be released as just the few files that need updating, or to refresh the whole package again.

Just a suggestion to keep it organized and user friendly, please consider updating the entire package and presenting it this way.

Ted

I second that!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I third that!

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Okay, will do.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I had just uploaded it and then discovered an issue so I deleted it from the library.

Has anyone ever experienced a series of error messages related to being unable to read dialog xml parameters that eventually crash cfs3? It started happening this evening after I had made a significant number of menu clicks going in and out of the user interface / simulation and changing planes / nationalities / weather settings. Things would work normally for a while, and then the error messages would crop up. Rebooting the computer did not clear it up. Eventually I was able to get it to happen even without the new shaders installed, so they may have nothing to do with it at all, but until I know the source of this bug, I won't risk these on anyone else.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with this past week's Win 10 Fall Creator's Update monthly patch more than anything in CFS3 itself. Anyone else having trouble with xml parsing crashes?
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Windows bugs

You are correct,sometimes an update gets into the system and causes many problems.
    alcanallen.

It seems to have something to do with ImguiX.dll not being allowed to work correctly. I tried white listing it in Windows Defender, but that didn't resolve the problem. Still digging.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Just a thought!

Would this not occur if you ran a copy of ETO with ankors mod in a Partition in your Hard Drive?
    alcanallen.

I never did uncover what had gone wrong with the test install. After three days of diagnostics, I ended up reinstalling everything this morning to get it running properly again. Additional testing has not uncovered any issues and the problem has not recurred, so I went ahead with the upload again. Once the moderators have their look it will be here.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=23167

Happy Thanksgiving!
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Thank You

Nice one Major iv`e downloaded the new file and will install later.
    Update,installed the file in ETO Rev 1.5 and all seems good,turned off headshake,much better,aircraft shine now normal.
    Any advice on tweeks would be most helpful.
    happy chappy now.
    alcanallen.
    Last edited by alcanallen; November 22nd, 2017 at 19:19.

Members who have read this thread: 0