Big thank you to all the devs out there!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big thank you to all the devs out there!

Big thank you to all the devs out there!

Just wanted to say thank you to all the devs out there. Without which our hobby would be something else entirely! I've just been so impressed with all the repaints lately (since that's my new thing) but I didn't want to neglect anyone!

In no particular order:. DaveQ, ********, jens-ole, jeansy, Bomber_12th, Jankees, Willy, zsolt, yoyo, Tankerguy, TuFun, falcon409, huub vink, wellis, butcherbird17, TiAir, Christoph_T, FSXAR177, Tom Weiss, and I'm sure I've missed many others who deserve a big round of applause for your talents. Thank you! I'm just in awe of your abilities.

-Rick
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'm in good company , Thank You Rick, Yours works are great, don't be modest .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

So what about the two greatest Jan Visser and Milton Shupe.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post

Cheers Chris
    Manfred Jahn.
    The trouble with lists is that they are rarely complete.
    Regards,
    Nick

It's a great honour to be included in such august company. Many thanks Rick; the work you do with metal is magic!! And I echo your sentiment - they all enrich a fascinating hobby.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Blog Entries
    Right back at you sir.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Ha! Milton is no puny repainter! He is in a completly different league! I'm coming to realize he's more like John Boyd...a legend...he's legendary!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

If by Jan Visser you mean the Section F8 F-86E developer? Then I'd say about the same thing as Milton. Theres likely loads of people I've missed. You're invited to send your thanks to those I've missed!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Manfred Jahn.
    The trouble with lists is that they are rarely complete.
    Also legendary.... Same with Dino Cattaneo.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

ViperVFX is the original painter for many of Milviz products...he's a master painter.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Add Nigel Richards to the list. He's pretty much behind the scenes, but was my mentor in figuring how to actually do paints instead of just dabbling. The man is brilliant and I hope someday to just get in the same neighborhood as him.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Hey Rick,

A poor model can't be made great with a fantastic set of textures just like a great model can't be done justice with a poor set of textures. Each part plays a part. A lot of developers have had humble beginnings as well but they've put in the hours (Over a decade, sometimes two) and honed their skills as they've gone along.

Regards,
    Stratobat
    Last edited by Stratobat; November 2nd, 2017 at 17:02.
    'If the literal sense makes good sense, seek no other sense lest you come up with nonsense'

Appreciate you tossing me in there Rick. I have learned alot from your posts here. You and Gman are the top Metal Masters. Enjoy your work.

Thanks Rick for including me, but I'm not even close to the talent in that list. And you should add your name to it.
    If it wasn't for you doing that tut for me I'd still be lost.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post

Cheers Chris

I think he was addressing paint artists
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I think we have more active devs here than on the FSDeveloper forums!

And a HUUUGE thanks to every one of them, paint or plane. They're all fantastic, and to think, they do it for free!
    Amazing use of their talents, really.

Thanks to them all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I would like to thank the painters here as well, it is amazing how the aircraft paints are looking these days! As DaveQ say, it is an honour to be included on the list :-)

And Rick, you are doing some stunning texture magic yourself too! Thank you!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

...thanks for the appreciation!

Frankly, one of the bad things of being a developer is that you haven't enough time to properly check and enjoy the work of other developers. I am AMAZED by how much the quality and variety of flight simulator add-ons (or should we say "mods"? This term is getting more and more popular)!

It is a great hobby, a great community and the devs are amazing!

Creating stuff is big part of the fun. One however has to have a balance to enjoy the sim too. After a long time developing something I feel the need to just fly and enjoy. After a while the itch to build stuff starts again...

The biggest joy however comes from sharing and seeing people happy and appreciative of one's efforts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Creating stuff is big part of the fun. One however has to have a balance to enjoy the sim too. After a long time developing something I feel the need to just fly and enjoy. After a while the itch to build stuff starts again...

The biggest joy however comes from sharing and seeing people happy and appreciative of one's efforts.
    I ran into an issue with that. It was like, "Where do I fly when i'm not working?" Really, its boring.. So I'd go back and work, and burn out little bit more. I'd play tanks, or ships, or fable or fallout: Boring.. Sometimes its difficult to find something that fills that emptiness when your not working. Sometimes, like cigarettes, the very thing you love is whats killing you ( she says lighting up another smoke ). Balance is an easy word to say, but its not always so easy to accomplish. It takes patience, determination and veracity to find it, especially if your balancing what we do here, with friends, family, job, and more life than what can be had in a box in general.. I love what we do, and I love seeing and playing with what is done. This is the greatest place on the net, thanks to the people who live here, I love every single one of ya, and am honored that some of you, call me friend..
    Pam

Thanks Rick, I really feel honoured to be named in that list.

Huub

Wow, I made the list? I've never been on a list, except maybe that one list I was on in Catholic School that said "Keep an eye on this kid. . .he's trouble", lol

Seriously though, thanks Rick and as others have mentioned, you should consider yourself part of the "list" as your work is enviable for those of us who simply "piddle around" with repaints.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you to all the devs out there. Without which our hobby would be something else entirely! I've just been so impressed with all the repaints lately (since that's my new thing) but I didn't want to neglect anyone!

In no particular order:. DaveQ, ********, jens-ole, jeansy, Bomber_12th, Jankees, Willy, zsolt, yoyo, Tankerguy, TuFun, falcon409, huub vink, wellis, butcherbird17, TiAir, Christoph_T, FSXAR177, Tom Weiss, and I'm sure I've missed many others who deserve a big round of applause for your talents. Thank you! I'm just in awe of your abilities.

-Rick
    I totally agree !! For someone who knows nothing about 'building' aircraft (or boats) for the sim, who just 'dabbles' in 'scenery' and painting for personal pleasure, I've seen over the years many great renditions of stuff being produced..

I've had the pleasure of 'working' with some developers on some of their projects (aircraft and scenery - altho I was probably more of a 'pain in the ass'), I've had a few individuals take their time and do 'personal' requests for me, and I certainly appreciate (and thank) everyone's efforts that take their personal time to keep this hobby what it is..

Since this list can go on and on, I would like to add 2 more names to the list: 'Duckie' and Larry (LDR) !! For Larry to have approximately 5,000 downloads on his first airplane, tells ya something !! And he's got 3 more in the 'pipeline' !!

Anyways, I appreciate and thank everyone for ALL their efforts..

Regards;

Bill
    Last edited by stovall; November 3rd, 2017 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    I would like to add 2 more names to the list: 'Duckie' and Larry (LDR) !! For Larry to have approximately 5,000 downloads on his first airplane, tells ya something !! And he's got 3 more in the 'pipeline' !!

I would also like to Thank Larry for dragging me into the development field. I just wish I had time to be more of a pain in the Arse to him again.
    Last edited by stovall; November 3rd, 2017 at 06:18.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Meanwhile, the nerd labs of aerodynamics (flight dynamics), acoustics (sound), computer science (panels) and civil engineering (scenery) ordered a freight train worth of ice cream because yet again the artistry department (models, textures) got the limelight.

Members who have read this thread: 0