Vraciu Hellcat repaint overhaul released!

Thread: Vraciu Hellcat repaint overhaul released!

Icon22 Vraciu Hellcat repaint overhaul released!

Hi All,
    Can anyone identify this repaint. I had it at one time, hence the screenshot. I must have lost it or deleted it by accident. I would like to use it again, but just can't seem to find it in the usual places.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hellcat 19 a.jpg  
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Hi Bub,

This is the readme from that skin:

05/15/2001

high resolution textures for:

F6F-3 white 19 of Lt Alex Vraciu, VF-6

simply unzip and copy f6f3_hellcat_t and f6f3_hellcat_d
    in your CFS2\aircraft\f6f3_hellcat\textures

Author: Easykill

http://storage2.free.fr

THESE FILES CANNOT BE UPLOADED, REWORKED, MODIFIED, COPIED
    OR PACKAGED WITH ANY PRODUCT WITHOUT MY EXPRESS PERMISSION.
    CONTACT ME!

Easykill

The skin is NOT demirrored.

Kind regards,

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

Revev did a demirrored version for B24Guy's OH. I had to upload here cuz i don't have a download link for it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Thanks Guys, I appreciate you taking the time on this. Saves me from ripping out what little hair I have left.
    Bob
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Thanks Bearcat241,

I know some of the really old skins have been demirrored by various artisans, but still on the lookout.

TW

Thanks BC 241 and Willy , didn't think easy kills repaints were still around

And there are quite a few good ones, too!

Hi All,
    After "pestering" everyone about this repaint, I put it on Allen's "-3" Hellcat and decided it needed to be "fixed". So, I cleaned it up, took off most of the weathering, did subtle changes on a bunch of stuff and came up with this. I think it looks pretty good, IMHO. I found some photos of Vraciu's "White 19", some in color and it showed very little, if any, weathering. Faded paint due to no UV protection in the paint. Other than that, I'm going to make one suggestion. It needs some outer gun barrels. If anyone wants a copy, I'll get it uploaded.
    Thanks again,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vraciu.jpg   Vraciu a.jpg  

Love your work Bub; please upload.

Thanks,
    msfossey

I second it!

Thanks,

TW

Hi All,
    It's done. If I keep looking for things to "fix", I'll be at this forever. I just need to do a Readme and get it packaged up. Hopefully the Honey Do list won't be too long and I'll find some time this weekend.
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vraciu f.jpg  

Just uploaded the textures. Have some fun with them and thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction.
    Bob

Thanks for sharing the skin with us!

TW

F6F-3 Hellcat_VF-6 Vraciu.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: This is my rendition of the Easykill/revev "White 19" F6F-3 Hellcat, BuNo 40467, flown by Lt.(jg) Alex Vraciu while with VF-6 aboard the USS Intrepid, CV-11, in Feb. 1944.

I've included revev's damage textures, you'll have to rename them.

These textures will work with the B24 Guys OH or Allen's -3 Hellcat.

Install as you normally would. All legalities apply.

Thanks and have fun,

Bub

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit F6F-3 Hellcat_VF-6 Vraciu.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon14 Reply...

Bub,

Very nice work; I love the exhaust stains near the cowling!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks Bub, awesome work (as always)

An excellent weathered aircraft Bob. Thanks!

Thanks for the kudos guys. However, I can't take all the credit. That goes to Easykill, the original, and revev for his de-mirrored version. All I did was to clean it up a bit, do a little recoloring, fix the markings and tidy up the details. If you look close, I tried to get the over spray on the fuselage numbers and the "not put on straight" victory flags as per the photos. I had some fun with it, now its your turn.
    Thanks again,
    Bob

Very nice texture, Thank You.

Vraciu Hellcat

Hi all,
    Sorry for the delay on the P-38H. As you can see, I got a little distracted. I was looking at the Hellcat I recently did and determined it needed to be "fixed". I tightened up the numbers and added some new "decals". I think it looks a lot better and more like the original. I'll upload the new textures and if anyone wants, I'll put together a "decal" sheet so you can paste them over the original download. Thanks for your patience on the Lightning and I'll finish that one up soon.
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hellcat new.jpg   Hellcat Vraciu.jpg  

Looking very sharp Bub!

Hi All,
    Just uploaded the revised textures along with revised damage one's. Have fun with them.
    Bob

Revised F6F-3_Hellcat_VF-6_Vraciu.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Skins - American

Description: Hi All,

These are revised textures along with revised damage textures. Just replace the originals and you're all set. I've
    sharpened them up and replaced the insignia's to make it look more like the original aircraft.

Have Fun,

Bob

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Revised F6F-3_Hellcat_VF-6_Vraciu.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thank you Bub, these look great!

msfossey

Icon22 Reply...

Bub,

Very nice, well done!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Members who have read this thread: 0