P47D update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P47D update

P47D update

Latest WIP pics. Very close to testing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P47cock.jpg   002.jpg   005.jpg   013.jpg   008.jpg  

Very nice artwork. Count me in!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

looking forward to this
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Blog Entries
    She's a real BEAUTY!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

More WWII action. Count Tom in for sure.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Any chance this will ever be done for FSX?

Thanks,

Tom

Very impressed with the look of the vc in this - and the Stinson
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Icon26

Looking forward for this!!!!!!
    In 1945, 4 USAAF P47Ds made a train strafing in my village Killing
    many civil people. ( Actually the train was supposed to carry
    german troops).
    My father was a child and he told me many times this fact.
    He was very impressed by the loud roar of the 4 planes diving toward the convoy. Hundreds of 12,7 mm cases where everywhere
    along the railway and like the other children he picked up lot of them as memory. I'll post a pic of one of them (Now I'm unable to do it
    via smartphone). In conclusion the P47D for my is like a part of
    my land, is a memory of my father and indirectly of my story.
    The 4 aircraft took-off in Toscana ( out of Florence ) northbound
    and before the train they dropped bombs near Sondrio.
    If I'll have the time I'll post more details of this mission.
    I've found also the name of the pilot leader (21 years old).
    Last edited by menef; October 23rd, 2017 at 08:00.
    The more you do, the less you dream

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Can help w/testing if you are so inclined.

Beautiful bird.

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Any chance this will ever be done for FSX?

Thanks,

Tom
    Hi Tom, this is for FSX/FSXSE/P3DV3/4.

Please tell me that this aircraft will have ordnance that can be made visible, or removed by the user? Better yet, vACMI or Tacpack capable!
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Yes it will have full weapons loadouts and a configurator.

This and the L-5? I think you guys just want my money, and you shall have it!

Nice previews, thanks for sharing.

Is the front windshield isnt too big? It was solved?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1082772

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The screen and canopy have been built over factory engineering drawings of the real thing. And yes even the number of rivets is correct to drawing.

Update.. liveries commenced, model finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BubCruise.jpg   Dottiecock.jpg   BubTO2.jpg   BubLand.jpg   BubFlyby.jpg   BubHeadon.jpg  

Cock2.jpg   Cock1.jpg  
    Last edited by bazzar; November 4th, 2017 at 01:16.

a couple more including Dottie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bubdetail.jpg   BubThreeQuarter.jpg   Bubcock3.jpg   DottieA.jpg  
    Last edited by bazzar; November 4th, 2017 at 01:13.

Beautiful, simply beautiful. Thanks for the update Baz.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Lovely work, Baz, I really look forward to picking this one up when released! The canopy/windscreen changes really look fantastic, as does the overall/whole aircraft. (Just sent you an e-mail!)
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; November 4th, 2017 at 07:56.

Didn't quite escape.
    Looking very nice, Baz... Duxford and Christchurch. The former I think I can do, the second is "somewhat problematic", but it's on the list. I doubt it'll be done before you release the Bubble Topped Jug, however.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Looking good, and looking forward to this one Bazzar!

Cheers

Paul

After the Allies landed in France in the summer of '44, 9th AF Fighter Groups were always close to the front lines, based at "Advanced Landing Grounds", moving with the Allied advances through France, Belgium and Germany. I don't know if "Dottie Mae" ever flew combat missions from Christchurch or not, and by the start of July 1944 the 405th was already based at Advanced Landing Ground A-8 Picauville, France - the earliest history I know of "Dottie Mae" is of it being based at Advanced Landing Ground A-64 St. Dizier, France in the fall of 1944, which the 405th moved into around September/early October 1944. The 405th FG/"Dottie Mae" then moved to Advanced Landing Ground Y-32 Ophoven, near Zwartburg, Belgium in February 1945. The 405th/"Dottie Mae" then moved to Advanced Landing Ground R-6 Kitzingen, Germany in late April 1945, where the Group was based in the final days of the war in Europe (during which time "Dottie Mae" went into the lake). Both A-64 and R-6 were former German/Luftwaffe airfields prior to their capture. "Kitzingen Army Airfield" existed until only several years ago, having been purchased by an investor and redeveloped into a commercial area since then. Some very slight traces of Y-32 Ophoven can still be made out today.

I remember a story told by Larry Kuhl, the original assigned pilot to "Dottie Mae" (even though all of the aircraft in the Squadron/Group were shared, and he wasn't the pilot flying it when it went into the lake), that just after VE-Day, the entire 405th Fighter Group flew a victory flight, with all three Squadrons, over nearby Nurnberg, Germany. When they got back, they found that their airfield at Kitzingen was full of surrendered Luftwaffe fighter aircraft and pilots, having just escaped the Russian front.

(Both the 405th FG, with their P-47's, and the 370th FG, with their P-51's, were based at Y-32 Ophoven until late April 1945, before moving out to other bases. The combat-vet surviving P-47D "Dottie Mae" and the combat-vet surviving P-51D "Sierra Sue II", which both are restored and flying today in their original markings and with the highest in level of accuracy and authenticity of any warbirds flying, were both based at that same airfield, at the same time, during April 1945. The restored P-51D "The Brat III", that also flies today, was also likely based at Y-32 with the 370th at the same time too. I'm hoping that perhaps one day all three could get together at an airshow and be photographed next to each other, or even better, flying together - such as an event like Oshkosh.)
    Last edited by Bomber_12th; November 4th, 2017 at 10:20.

Hi Baz,
    what about external loadout (like e.g. bombs, external tanks fuels, rockets) and collimated gunsight?
    Will it be?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Members who have read this thread: 0