C-2 greyhound - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-2 greyhound

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Still patiently waiting for you to finish. When you do I am considering starting a virtual VRC-30 group of simmers. PM me if you might be interested since its a lot of work to do it right and I have in the past done a couple ending with one pilot, me. This time. Apologies didn't mean to hijack this thread.
    Dino the great is doing one as well. Well worth the wait. The C-2 has NOT gotten the love it should get.

Quote Originally Posted by simulloyd View Post
    I think most would agree that any aircraft Dino releases will be worth the wait.

Regarding the Steam only E-2 Hawkeye. Can anyone shed light on why this decision was made? Did Virtavia expect to make a killing on this exclusive approach?
    Just saw this question so I'll answer it. Since Virtavia has their entire catalog as Downloadable Content (DLC) for Dovetail Games (DTG) they were contacted to make something exclusive.
    The subject was agreed upon and a decent mesh starting point was found and purchased. The VC was built from scratch.

Those of us who became involved after the contract was "signed" urged that this also somehow by made available on all formats since DTG encrypts their DLC to only work in FSX-SE.
    A further constraint is that DTG does not put any military markings on any of their military aircraft. My efforts so far to remedy that.

So no, Virtavia did not expect to make a killing since it wasn't their decision. But they were paid well for their initial efforts and it continues to sell.

I hope this answers your question. Put the blame where deserved -- DTG for picking a subject that would sell well for them.

But it looks like Dino will give us all what we want, a more modern version.

Go Dino

I am looking forward to Dino's C-2 Greyhound as well as this freeware version because there are some who just can't afford payware even if reasonable. I am happy for DTG and Virtavia. They gotta do what they gotta do. They are both in this as a business not freeware uploads. As I said above: GO DINO!!!

R

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Just saw this question so I'll answer it. Since Virtavia has their entire catalog as Downloadable Content (DLC) for Dovetail Games (DTG) they were contacted to make something exclusive.
    The subject was agreed upon and a decent mesh starting point was found and purchased. The VC was built from scratch.

Those of us who became involved after the contract was "signed" urged that this also somehow by made available on all formats since DTG encrypts their DLC to only work in FSX-SE.
    A further constraint is that DTG does not put any military markings on any of their military aircraft. My efforts so far to remedy that.

So no, Virtavia did not expect to make a killing since it wasn't their decision. But they were paid well for their initial efforts and it continues to sell.

I hope this answers your question. Put the blame where deserved -- DTG for picking a subject that would sell well for them.

But it looks like Dino will give us all what we want, a more modern version.
    I was also bummed at the SE only Hawkeye. I would have bought it in an instant as Virtavia makes some nice and often quirky (thanks for the Savage, Tradewind and XB-46) stuff. Maybe Dino will offer a Hawkeye if the Greayhound does well. (I'll be getting his Typhoon this weekend because I saw there's a BoB 75th skin for it!)

Kick it up again

Just wanted to be sure this was still active. Any timeframe on the release of this great-looking Greyhound?

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Just wanted to be sure this was still active. Any timeframe on the release of this great-looking Greyhound?
    It'll release when Dino of https://www.facebook.com/Indiafoxtecho-594476197232512/ announces it. As somebody who is waiting patiently... I know, I know.

What about the one

I was asking about CIMOGT's which is what this thread started. I know that Dino has a schedule for his stuff and yes waiting to see what he does too. Shame about exclusive DTG E2C it looks really nice inside in their manual I saw last night. I've got Dino's T45, F14 and S3 and they are really nice agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by CIMOGT View Post
    Can't wait to start testing this one !

Members who have read this thread: 1