C-2 greyhound
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C-2 greyhound

C-2 greyhound

This is one of my favorites aircraft COD

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cod2.jpg   cod4.jpg   cod5.jpg   cod6.jpg  

The real thing is not as roomy on the inside, and no "window seat" available at check-in.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    The real thing is not as roomy on the inside, and no "window seat" available at check-in.
    Do not worry, the model will modify it for me, i do not expect this exact 100%, it is enough for me

The model is based on the Rick Sasala C-2 A

Are you converting it to FSX native? That would be wonderful.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Could I please get a copy if it's no problem?Thanks

Would love to help with textures when you finish for FSX

I have been working on textures for the C2A Greyhound from Abacus Flight Deck 5 for myself but problem with sharing is you gotta have FD5 or FD6 Greyhound. I would be happy to do some repaints from my artwork onto your Greyhound like the photo of the one I did of VRC 40 #41 and share with ya all here.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FD5 VRC 40 C2A Greyhound.jpg  

There are just 2 window seats. I was lucky enough to get one of them on my flight off USS KITTY HAWK.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Are you converting it to FSX native? That would be wonderful.
    Yes now is native for fsx/p3d

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    I have been working on textures for the C2A Greyhound from Abacus Flight Deck 5 for myself but problem with sharing is you gotta have FD5 or FD6 Greyhound. I would be happy to do some repaints from my artwork onto your Greyhound like the photo of the one I did of VRC 40 #41 and share with ya all here.

Thanks, the model are ready i only need check the rudder animation

My flights

Have only flown off the CVA-66 USS America in the C1A COD and in the UH2C Seasprite. From land I had a number of flights in the P3 Orion and a UH1B Huey at NAS Glenview and a C-9 from Glenview to North Island and back my last ACDUTRA in RIMPAC 93. Everything else has been civilian aircraft small to big. Never had a chance to fly in a C-2 or an E2.

Thanks for updating the C-2. Hope we get the 6-blade version, but that's me. Great VC, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by JosefK View Post
    Thanks for updating the C-2. Hope we get the 6-blade version, but that's me. Great VC, BTW.
    This is the 8 blade version

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cod7.jpg  

Really nice job, Rick's models (C-2/E-2, EA-6B, Gulfstream) got much use in FS2k2 and FS9 from. Funny all the things I wished for have come true (moving boats, in-flight refueling...)
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Really nice job, Rick's models (C-2/E-2, EA-6B, Gulfstream) got much use in FS2k2 and FS9 from. Funny all the things I wished for have come true (moving boats, in-flight refueling...)
    For refueling, i modify a kc135 and add the boom operator position, and other things as the vc, maybe later add a post

Great Job

Really looking forward to this release here. It was so disappointing when Vertigo Studios stopped development of their C-2. Since this is the 8 blade scimitar version I'll look around for some new photos of VRC-40 and VRC-30 for some texture inspiration later this week.

...for the record, I had started a C-2 / E-2 payware project, too. Preliminary work does not look bad at all... but as usual my problem is lack of time. The project has not been canceled (at least for now) but it is unlikely I'll have something to share until late 2018 :-(

Good news Dino. With Virtavia making their E-2 exclusive to steam, we are really in need of a native P3Dv4/FSX Hawkeye model. Will be worth the wait.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Agree

With the quality of your work in the past, Dino, it will be worth the wait for sure. As you mentioned "payware" there is definitely room for both freeware as here and a payware that is NOT Steam or Dovetail Games but available through the regular vendors like PCAviator etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...for the record, I had started a C-2 / E-2 payware project, too. Preliminary work does not look bad at all... but as usual my problem is lack of time. The project has not been canceled (at least for now) but it is unlikely I'll have something to share until late 2018 :-(
    I'll wait for you Dino, no worries.

Yeah Dino, waiting for you is no problem at all. All of your work is outstanding!

I think most would agree that any aircraft Dino releases will be worth the wait.

Regarding the Steam only E-2 Hawkeye. Can anyone shed light on why this decision was made? Did Virtavia expect to make a killing on this exclusive approach?

C2 Greyhound

Still patiently waiting for you to finish. When you do I am considering starting a virtual VRC-30 group of simmers. PM me if you might be interested since its a lot of work to do it right and I have in the past done a couple ending with one pilot, me. This time. Apologies didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Members who have read this thread: 1