Pilot Name not showing up

Thread: Pilot Name not showing up

When configuring a PilotFirstName(s) & PilotLastName(s) for B-17 pilots within the formation in which I am a player, during the mission the labels for those pilots will read something like "Andrew Grant" or whatever instead of the name(s) I entered. Does anyone know why that is happening?

SOH-CM-2020
    Not knowing anything about mission building, but in the absence of any other takers.

I've just copied an extract from a mission using named pilots:

<AirFormation ID="6005" Directive="bomber_intercept" Country="Britain" Skill="3" Payload="0" FormType="fingertip">
    <Unit ID="9553" Type="spit_mkia" PilotFirstName="Billy" PilotLastName="Wilson" Skill="3" Payload="0"/>

Is there any minor discrepency in format between what you have written and how this extract lays things out? (taken from X-Bs-BoB-00002)

Thanks for the reply.
    The missions load fine, but only the default names (Andrew Grant, whatever &C.) show up.
    I've put together all 25 of my dad's 96thBG missions (5-43 to 9-43). He co-piloted all 3 "Dottie Js" (337BS). All of the A/C pilot names are formatted this way:

<AirFormation ID="6005" Directive="strike" Country="USA" Skill="2" Payload="4" FormType="box" OffsetScaleFactor="2">
    <Unit ID="9215" Type="MAW_B-17G-97_340" PilotFirstName="Dottie" PilotLastName="J" IsPlayer="y" Skill="2" Payload="4"/>

I can't figure it out.

If you alter an aircraft’s .XDP, you must delete the original .BDP file for changes to show in the sim. CFS3 will build a new .BDP automatically.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Thanks Tom,
    I tried that to no avail. It bugs me, but I guess it's not the end of the world. I could edit the country.xml, but then all USA pilots would be 96ers, Ha!

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Crew 21 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    The missions load fine, but only the default names (Andrew Grant, whatever &C.) show up.
    I've put together all 25 of my dad's 96thBG missions (5-43 to 9-43). He co-piloted all 3 "Dottie Js" (337BS). All of the A/C pilot names are formatted this way:

<AirFormation ID="6005" Directive="strike" Country="USA" Skill="2" Payload="4" FormType="box" OffsetScaleFactor="2">
    <Unit ID="9215" Type="MAW_B-17G-97_340" PilotFirstName="Dottie" PilotLastName="J" IsPlayer="y" Skill="2" Payload="4"/>

I can't figure it out.
    Well I think the problem is IsPlayer=y". Leave that parameter out for all the wingmen, which you can then individually name. If you want the player plane to be named Dottie J, then you may need to go into the default pilot settings in the country.xml file. (I think - I would have to rummage around in country.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml. Or possibly set up a separate character named Dottie J). Or you could name one of the wingmen Dottie J, so long as they don't have IsPlayer=y.

I'm not at the CFS 'puter so am reaching a bit without reference to the actual files....

Appreciate the help Daiwilletti. I only have one instance of "IsPlayer=y" Still, only the default names show up.

Members who have read this thread: 0