Kansas rules?

Thread: Kansas rules?

Kansas rules?

Just so I understand the rules here: If Harvick "changes lanes before the start/finish line" all by himself, he will get penalized. But, if he "changes lanes before the start/finish line" while following the leader, who does the same thing, the leader gets a penalty, but Harvick doesn't. Wow. I've seen drivers back eight rows deep get busted for this "changing lanes before the start/finish" during restarts before. It seemed clear enough. Never heard this variation of it before.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

This was actually the Truex Rule. Martin Truex has won too many races and far too many stages, so he goes below the line and gets a pass through penalty, Harvick does the same thing, but gets no penalty. Nice to see Truex come from the back and win the race. I firmly believe that the winner of the regular season is going to also be this year's champion... unless he gets hung up in some special rules or someone starts putting him into the wall.

No, I don't think NASCAR really is setting up anti-Truex rules, but it seems awfully suspicious when he gets penalized for something, yet the driver behind him does the same thing and gets no penalty. That just stinks.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Well, it is about the same as putting Matt Kenseth out for 7 men over the wall in the pit but doing nothing to Jimmy Johnson. NASCAR applies the rules only to certain teams.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    Well, it is about the same as putting Matt Kenseth out for 7 men over the wall in the pit but doing nothing to Jimmy Johnson. NASCAR applies the rules only to certain teams.
    This one I understood. At least the rule about 6 v 7 people. As long as the 7th dude only "services the driver" (lol) it's ok. And tearing off the windshield plastic thing is considered servicing the driver. That's all the 7th man did on the 48 stop. That one's been around a while. I think it's a chicken **** rule that Kenseth is kicked out of the entire race because it happened during the "5 minute repair rule", when any other time in the race it would only have been a penalty.

The changing lane thing, so far, defies explanation.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Icon2

Weird chit for sure!

Hey All,

My tablet deletes and won't edit - anyway about lane changes.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nascar-expl...140148349.html

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Members who have read this thread: 0