Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 8
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Decided to take a break form Riveting and make the Nose Wheel Door interiors.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Interior Gear doors and bays complete. Now onto the V-stab and I'll be ready for Bumps! I've done the interior canopy as well to try and fit in with the current VC. Keep in mind, this is still a place holder alpha, there's no specular or bumps, and limited FRESNEL effect right now.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Looking very good, can't wait to fly it. Thanks guys.
    Sue

Took a break today to fly.... Go figure! I'll be starting the tail rivets and panel lines tomorrow and completing out the fuselage riveting. Hopefully I will have the bumps completed this weekend.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Tail panel lines and rivets complete! Now to finish off the fuselage. I added some camera port locations. You can see a little better the detail in the nose wheel doors and main gear. Still no bumps, specs and limited FRESNEL as well as placeholder alpha channel.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Amazing textures, Rick.

Looks like a very slippery aircraft.

I've gone online and twiddled through a host of images, and see no evidence that the original machine was ever fitted with any form of air brake.

Certainly the delta platform could generate a ton of drag once a high angle of attack was achieved on final, but getting this plane to slow down into pattern must have taken some planning to stay ahead of the aircraft......

....Muroc/Edwards would be the place to be when you touch ground..........

Thanks Magoo! Agreed, we absolutely have no air brake on this aircraft! It is most certainly a tough bird to slow down if you're flying straight lines. One way to overcome this is to start practicing your S-turns! ;-)
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Looks like a very slippery aircraft.
    My feelings are for the poor ground crew that has to polish that thing.
    Must use a few gallons of Mother's Aluminum Polish every day to keep it looking like that.

Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Oh yes! Lol. The final version will not be this reflective and smooth looking. That's a result of missing texture sets and a placeholder reflective texture.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

bumps almost done...specular being dialed in...

new effects...thanks Milton!

Base paint almost complete.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

stunning, you have way more patience than me mate, i would given up a long time ago over shear boredom of repetitive rivet making

again stunning work its paying off

Beautiful work, Rick. Thanks for the progress shots.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Many thanks guys! I can't wait to share this with you!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I'm starting to now refine the base alpha layer and create a more permanent spec file. If you're going to use dynamic reflections, make sure it's set to ULTRA. (Image 1 and 2). Otherwise you don't get the same effect. Or simply don't use dynamic reflections at all! (Image 3).

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

That's looking outstanding Rick. As someone who has made textures before, I've always failed at metal textures and you've really invested a lot of time in getting these right. Thanks for all of the hard work.

This is going to be so great when released. I have a video series running on Facebook and Youtube and I'm planning on doing a bit involving the XF-92, F-102, and F-106 aircraft. All I'm missing is the XF-92.

Thanks everyone. Milton has been working hard. There are still a few feature items that are being nailed down. Just a couple more shots. Here's you can see the option for wing fences and the intake test article. These are available through a switch in the VC. The XF-92A had a period where they tested wing fences. There is a set which appears in some photos, however it's with an early version where the wing tips where not part of the elevon s. So, the likelihood that more than one wing fence configuration was tested is fairly high, so we elected to take some artistic license, albeit, limited and show the fences with the latter all moveable elevons. You can also see the intake FOD cover and chalks.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade408 View Post
    This is going to be so great when released. I have a video series running on Facebook and Youtube and I'm planning on doing a bit involving the XF-92, F-102, and F-106 aircraft. All I'm missing is the XF-92.
    What video series is this? Can you point me a link?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That's looking outstanding Rick. As someone who has made textures before, I've always failed at metal textures and you've really invested a lot of time in getting these right. Thanks for all of the hard work.
    Thank you! Your email was very helpful in filling some major gaps about Timeline, design, and program objectives. And there was enough information to use deduction against other information to make accurate assumptions as to other gaps in the information log.
    Last edited by Mach3DS; November 21st, 2017 at 09:02.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Starting to dial in the specular now for the metal brightness. Placeholder animation for vapor effects..

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

And with Dynamic reflections ON.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thank you! Now all we need is a brave pilot to fly her! Lol! I believe that is in work behind the scenes.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 1