Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 14
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Thank you Jafo. I got the latest FDE from Tom Kat night. I'm making dinner last minute minor texture updates to the bare metal variants, and I think we can shoot for a weekend release if not sooner.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Thanks Tom! I'm making a few last minute Texture adjustments to the alpha channels of the metal beasts. Should be all ready to go this week. Milton if you're good with that? I think FDE tweaking and final pilot can wait on the longer time scale?
    Rick,

Yes, after the FDE check out, textures review, and package review for FSXA and P3D differences.

Send your final textures please and I will assemble the package, do a good docs review and upload for your final review for the P3D installation accuracy.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Copy that Milton. I'll be able to.get the texture changes done today. I'll check out the FDE at same time. I will send you those texture folder replacements when done. There are still a few issues I've found in some sound gauge module related, like volume and AB visual, but it's minor stuff, doesn't need to be fixed for the beta.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Copy that Milton. I'll be able to.get the texture changes done today. I'll check out the FDE at same time. I will send you those texture folder replacements when done. There are still a few issues I've found in some sound gauge module related, like volume and AB visual, but it's minor stuff, doesn't need to be fixed for the beta.
    Did you put the "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll" in the Panel folder for P3Dv4?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'll have to check when I get home but I believe so yes. The issue is with the sound of the afterburber "bang" upon ignition, and with the visual of the AB itself when zoomed out past about 30% the effect gets garbled or turns 90 degrees to become 2D. Zooming in corrects it or simply disengaging AB and re-engaing corrects it.
    Last edited by Mach3DS; April 11th, 2018 at 12:37.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

...I think we can shoot for a weekend release if not sooner.
    Hate to nag, but bada BUMP time.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Notice the indefinite pronoun.... "A". I still need to scribble some pilot notes on how to fly the thing and what to expect. The aircraft does exhibit some transonic instability and is also flown on approach in the area of "reverse command" which requires a little different technique. Think set a constant AOA (about 11.5 deg) and adjust glide path with thrust. With gear down, think powered "brick".

T

Indefinite, indeed.

Anyways, thanks for the update.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    With gear down, think powered "brick".
    Ohboy! Can hardly wait....sounds like the typical delta-wing flyer. Does the ejection seat work, just in case?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Yes, one last super annoying issue to resolve. But it's looking good. Tom's some a good job on the FDE. This isn't your Cessna on approach.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Ohboy! Can hardly wait....sounds like the typical delta-wing flyer. Does the ejection seat work, just in case?
    You can be sure .... that if I ever do an ejection seat, the procedure will erase the aircraft from your system after you bailed out since you crashed it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Now that's a step toward FS realism!

: ) T

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    You can be sure .... that if I ever do an ejection seat, the procedure will erase the aircraft from your system after you bailed out since you crashed it.
    Sounds good, Milton! Dang, if every aircraft that I have crashed disappeared, I wouldn't have anything left to fly
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Mini Update: The final Textures are being Uploaded to Dropbox and will be sent to Milton shortly. Milton also sent me word that the Jan Visser Period Pilot model has arrived today! Thank you Jan! Very excited to incorporate this addition into the final build! This is coming together folks!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Yes, I have received the pilot figure from JAVIS; great job on this one. A lot of work and time went into that model, mapping, textures, and animations. Thank you Jan.

It will take me a couple of days to get the new pilot into the cockpit and make the necessary accommodations with xml.

Received the final textures from Rick.

Awaiting flight phase instructions from Tom to fit into the checklist to be done.

Meanwhile have some Harpoon adjustments to do for Duckie.

Cat allowing, of course.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Speaking of cats, reminded me of the "Cat O' Nine Tails". My guess is the cat had expended all nine lives and was like the victim to be, "Somewhat out of Luck".

Have you seen the photo shopped picture titled "How the world really ends?" Kim Jung "Non" working at his desk studying his papers with a huge red button on the far edge. A black cat is sitting intently staring at the button...

Had a few issue with the pilot but very close now. Will keep you all posted. Shouldn't be too long now.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Had a few issue with the pilot but very close now. ... snipped ...
    Just to be clear, there was nothing wrong with the pilot model. I am just tweaking the positioning a bit.

Will be reviewing all the files and documentation today and doing some final tests.
    I'll package up the beta when done.

Great shots Rick :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

FOR P3Dv3+ users: One thing to note. The textures are no longer optimized for both Dynamic and Static reflections. They are only optimized for static. DR in P3D at this point IMHO are inferior in overall quality to the static texture. They are washed out and do not provide the color contrast needed. As such if you choose to use DR with this model, it will not look like the screen shots posted here. Everything is included in the texture folders to have an out of the box experience as seen here. But DR must be turned OFF. Screen shots seen here are from P3Dv4.2.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Now that's a step toward FS realism!: ) T

Will there also be something appearing in our email re: about 10,000 forms to fill out wanting to know what kind of boneheaded play we were trying to make when we lost control of the bird?

This aircraft flight model was quite nice to fly and stable on approach for landing, but them Tom made it more realistic. I have crashed it twice in two days. :-/ That's why we cannot do these other RW realism things. I refuse to fill out those forms. :-)

BTW, I have reviewed and cleaned up all the files. Testing is done.
    Just two outstanding questions to be answered before I package it up.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Milton, thank you and the team of folks responsible for this. You guys ROCK the flight-sim world!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Whose T33 Jet Sounds Are These?

We would love to use these T33 sounds as they fit perfectly and sound very realistic.
    However, we cannot identify the copyright owner.

Can you help identify the source by looking at the list of sound.wav's and the cfg?

If we cannot find the owner or gain permissions, we will release the beta with default FA18 sounds.

Thanks for any help you offer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails t33.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton:

Do I need to dial back the crashiness??

Cheers: Tom

Icon28

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Just to be clear, there was nothing wrong with the pilot model. I am just tweaking the positioning a bit.

Will be reviewing all the files and documentation today and doing some final tests.
    I'll package up the beta when done.

Great shots Rick :-)
    I thought it was because the pilot had a bad attitude. Guess I was wrong.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Members who have read this thread: 1