Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 22
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

In the 747 normal max gear extension speed was 270 knots and could be left extended to 320 knots. Tire speed was for the 400 235 mph (204 knots) and for the -8 landing up to 260 mph. Sounds like a lot, but touch down at Mexico City max landing weight, 195 knots TAS over the fence, and add maybe little tailwind and there you are!!

Another tire speed issue was flying the twin engine Boeing 737-400 out of Denver. In a twin the climb gradient in case of the loss of one is the limiting factor, so we would use what was called "Improved Climb", in effect you raced down the runway, rotating at a high speed so that you had less drag once airborne. I think it was something like flap 5 takeoff and rotate at 192 knots??

Poor abused tires, not a lot of miles on them!

The xml sounds are really nice but is there a simple way to limit them to just the vc view. No big deal if not. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bob407 View Post
    The xml sounds are really nice but is there a simple way to limit them to just the vc view. No big deal if not. Thanks.
    Just curious; what sim/version?

The xml sounds are limited to the VC view per the code, so I need more details about what views you have them, and not have them.

EDIT: Oooops! They are also heard in these views, just quieter. I'll see about changing volume.

0-External View
    1-2D Cockpit View
    2-Virtual Cockpit View
    4-Map View -->

Each of the sound's volume is individually controlled. What in particular are you annoyed with, or all?

Thanks
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 23rd, 2018 at 05:47.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

2D panel

Definitely more work needed.
    Where she stands in 2D and squeezed into the VC.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Just curious; what sim/version?
    The xml sounds are limited to the VC view per the code, so I need more details about what views you have them, and not have them.
    EDIT: Oooops! They are also heard in these views, just quieter. I'll see about changing volume.

0-External View
    1-2D Cockpit View
    2-Virtual Cockpit View
    4-Map View -->

Each of the sound's volume is individually controlled. What in particular are you annoyed with, or all?
    Thanks
    I am running FSXA on Win7 64 bit. The vc and 2d cockpit view sounds are all fine, volume and every other way. In all other views (external, tower, top down, etc) the two sounds that are very noticeable are buffet, and gear wind to the point where you lose much realism effect. To me, in real world they would barely be heard if at all. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Wow! Coming along pretty darn nice.

This is fantastic! Must make this the default!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

This does look very good. Anyway to use the current gauge faces with it? THey are more period than say the 2 tone ADI?
    Last edited by Mach3DS; April 23rd, 2018 at 07:36.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by bob407 View Post
    I am running FSXA on Win7 64 bit. The vc and 2d cockpit view sounds are all fine, volume and every other way. In all other views (external, tower, top down, etc) the two sounds that are very noticeable are buffet, and gear wind to the point where you lose much realism effect. To me, in real world they would barely be heard if at all. Thanks again.
    I'll see if I can get those sounds lowered for non-VC views.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    This is fantastic! Must make this the default!
    Thanks, but this is a shot in the dark based on a fuzzy photograph.
    As you rightly pointed out, corrections to be made, colors and textures need matching,
    lighting to be fixed.

A project to keep senior hands and mind busy.

Fuel Flow Pressure

I'm wondering what the fuel flow pressure should be.
    The pressure gauge is measuring around 16 psi.?

I'm wondering what the fuel flow pressure should be.
    The pressure gauge is measuring around 16 psi.?
    Fuel flow pressure can't be controlled in FSX.
    You get some when running the fuel pumps with the engine off, you get some when the engine is running without fuel pumps and the engine start logic doesn't care about it at all.
    There's no way to scale it to boot.

Combi gauge

The XF-92A uses a combined gauge borrowed from Jan's F-86.
    The F-86 has fuel pressure registering at 40 psi. I compared aircraft.cfg's
    but can not tell how they got the F-86 to register higher. I can appreciate
    we are talking about a value for appearance sake, but it would be nice to show
    a higher reading for the gauge and to shut off a low fuel pressure warning light.

SH72,

I show 16PSI when at idle in the XF-92A.
    Fuel pressure is engine driven.

The air file table 545 controls the fuel pressure readout best I can determine.
    There is a scalar available.
    I see nothing in the cfg file to effect change.

Otherwise. you can change the fuel pressure warning light gauge parameter to designate when it should come on.
    Mine reads like so:

<Value>(A:GENERAL ENG2 FUEL PRESSURE, psi) 15 &lt;</Value>

Change to maybe 12 like so:

<Value>(A:GENERAL ENG2 FUEL PRESSURE, psi) 12 &lt;</Value>
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SH72,

I show 16PSI when at idle in the XF-92A.
    Fuel pressure is engine driven.

The air file table 545 controls the fuel pressure readout best I can determine.
    There is a scalar available.
    I see nothing in the cfg file to effect change.

Otherwise. you can change the fuel pressure warning light gauge parameter to designate when it should come on.
    Mine reads like so:

<Value>(A:GENERAL ENG2 FUEL PRESSURE, psi) 15 &lt;</Value>

Change to maybe 12 like so:

<Value>(A:GENERAL ENG2 FUEL PRESSURE, psi) 12 &lt;</Value>

Thanks, adjusting the "fuel pressure limit" at table 545, got the pressure up into the green.

Mea culpa for the false information. Being hidden far from the engine tables, I never noticed that parameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Mea culpa for the false information. Being hidden far from the engine tables, I never noticed that parameter.
    No big deal, thanks.

Maybe a fuel pressure gauge is useful in a jet test aircraft but not so much (usually) as either you have it or you do not. There is a filter bypass light in addition to any other instrumentation. If that comes on then one can be in an unusual situation. One dark and (not stormy) night returning to Anchorage in a C-130 (Ok, L382G) the fuel filter bypass lights started winking. Made them go out by turning on all the "override" (higher pressure) boost pumps. On approach the plane felt minorly weird, #4 spools down as I try to bring all four into reverse... Plane had been in Africa where it had picked up a bunch of lint in the fuel...

Maybe useful on start as a crosscheck on an early engine. Proper fuel pressure is necessary for a good spray pattern to develop, no good spray pattern, hot start! The engines eventually had a pressure relief valve that would not allow fuel to the nozzles till a minimum value was exceeded. Not sure about the "early bird" engines.

T

Chocks

I was wondering about the missing chock when the parking brake is set..?

Milton is addressing that in the upcoming gold. As well as making the chalks yellow.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

There is no missing chock; it was the way I did it. The wheel cover runs pretty low on the inside of the tire and would hit the chock.
    I did the chocks the way I saw in the RW pics.

But, Rick is correct; they will change. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Milton is addressing that in the upcoming gold. As well as making the chalks yellow.
    Thank you, I had not heard there was a "gold" in the works.
    This aircraft has been a lot of fun as I've worked on an alternative panel, getting the warning lights, switches and gauges to sync.
    My way of enjoying a great aircraft....

Glad you are enjoying the -92A.

Yes, well, it is logical that after a beta release, there will be the Gold release. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Final Release - Convair XF-92A

Just released the Gold version. Not much changed, mostly minor stuff you probably would not notice.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...23667&catid=38
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just released the Gold version. Not much changed, mostly minor stuff you probably would not notice.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...23667&catid=38
    Thank You Milton!!!

Members who have read this thread: 1