Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 19
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Interesting Tom; thanks for the explanation.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Went through the .Air file and purged a bunch of no longer used entries.XF92 FDE.zip

This one is working with no issues in P3D V4.1

I work in an almost totally stock P3D V4.1 and FSXA.

Good Luck!

Thanks fliger747, I tried your air file (FSX Acceleration Gold, retail version), but no luck, can't go faster than 20 mph on the runway...

Then I tried replacing xf-92a.air file from the one in the Restauravia Mirage III C package, another delta wing aircraft (MIIIC.air), and the Convair takes off and flies just fine. Top speed is 618 mph at 8000 ft, not sure if it's ok or not, but it suits me. Real nice bird, thanks Milton and Co.

Thanks for the update.

A head scratcher, never happened in the development of dozens of planes.

Are there any add ons that you are running that you can think of?

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Are there any add ons that you are running that you can think of?
    I've only got FSUIPC v 4.97 (latest version from Aug 2017, unregistered), AI Ships, nothing out of the ordinary...

Went through the .Air file and purged a bunch of no longer used entries.XF92 FDE.zip

This one is working with no issues in P3D V4.1

I work in an almost totally stock P3D V4.1 and FSXA.

Good Luck!

I too tried replacing the air and cfg file from your download with no luck.
    With different air files I can fly but of course this takes away from the realism your're working for.

Thanks....

SOH-CM-2024
    Greetings-
    No problems at all here... what a ride (at least twice as fast as I usually fly)! One has to stay vigilant all the time flying this beastie, especially regarding the roll axis- not very stable, except when you're at or near landing speed. So far I've been patient enough not to have so much excess speed when landing that I run out of runway... ;-) But if I understand correctly, this all means the FDE is pretty accurate...
    My system is nothing fancy... FSX Acceleration, no FSUIPC, i5-3450 cpu, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 660 / 388 driver...
    Hats off to all concerned! Way to go! I hope you catch the gremlin!

-Mike Z.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    Greetings-
    No problems at all here... what a ride (at least twice as fast as I usually fly)! One has to stay vigilant all the time flying this beastie, especially regarding the roll axis- not very stable, except when you're at or near landing speed. So far I've been patient enough not to have so much excess speed when landing that I run out of runway... ;-) But if I understand correctly, this all means the FDE is pretty accurate...
    My system is nothing fancy... FSX Acceleration, no FSUIPC, i5-3450 cpu, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 660 / 388 driver...
    Hats off to all concerned! Way to go! I hope you catch the gremlin!

-Mike Z.
    Hi Mike, thanks for that report.

Yes, this is a long way from the Howard 500, but she was fast in her own right. :-)

BTW, thanks for your help back in the day (2005?) when I modeled the Howard 500. Your website was most helpful to me at the time too.

EDIT: Or, maybe that wasn't you? Slightly different last name.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I thought this was a cool effect, making the "fog" on top of the wing at high AOA maneuvering over Edwards AFB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Over Edwards.jpg  

5G pull up, 15 deg AOA at 300 knots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Over Edwards 2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Just out of curiosity. Those having the issue -

1. Make a Backup copy (or 3!) of your FSX.cfg or P3D.cfg file and place it somewhere outside the folder. Now, Delete your FSX.cfg or P3D.cfg

Restart the sim. Try out the XF-92A

2. Make a backup copy of your default flight and put it somewhere other than the flights folder - Now Purge your default flight by deleting the file. Not just from the list of flights in the sim.
    3. Restart the Sim.

Try out the XF-92A

4. Let FSX/P3D rebuild both files from scratch - At different intervals. Perhaps there's soemthing there impeding it?

5. Report back.

Just trying to think of anything that could be interfering with the operation of an aircraft...
    Tried rebuilding the cfg still the same 20knts, gone back to my original fsx cfg so that I don't have to reactivate all the gauges again,reverted back to my original cold and dark saved flight.
    The thrust scalar added 5 knts to the top speed, the new fde made no difference 20knts max speed full length kedw runway.

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    Tried rebuilding the cfg still the same 20knts, gone back to my original fsx cfg so that I don't have to reactivate all the gauges again,reverted back to my original cold and dark saved flight.
    The thrust scalar added 5 knts to the top speed, the new fde made no difference 20knts max speed full length kedw runway.
    Did you try purging your default flight?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Yes followed your instructions still stuck at 20knts. All other aircraft both freeware and payware are working correctly.

What are you guys using XMLTools for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    And change these two parameters in the Contact Point Section:

static_pitch = 1.36
    static_cg_height = 6.900
    Those don't do anything practical and are only used during aircraft initialization or when is slew mode.

There are a great number of excess entries in the .Air file which have info found in the .Cfg file now. In the off chance a particular sim is getting confused I am tossing them out.
    I'm still getting tons of legacy entries in the updated .air file.
    And Aircraft Airfile Manager crashes/freezes when trying to view table 1523 to 1525.

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    Yes followed your instructions still stuck at 20knts. All other aircraft both freeware and payware are working correctly.
    Thanks for testing that erican2.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    What are you guys using XMLTools for anyway?

Those don't do anything practical and are only used during aircraft initialization or when is slew mode.

I'm still getting tons of legacy entries in the updated .air file.
    And Aircraft Airfile Manager crashes/freezes when trying to view table 1523 to 1525.
    Bjoern, you sound a little cranky today. :-)

XMLTools is being used for some of the 'G" and high AoA effects of cockpit shaking and buffeting with associated sounds.

I corrected the static pitch and raised the height in the chance that these users were using a mesh different than default and keep the aircraft from loading in the ground versus on the ground, by chance causing the difficult take off.

Table 1524 was an issue. Will replace it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I put new copies of the XF-92 in both P3D V4 and FSX gold on different drives of my computer. Both were 20kt machines. P3D had orbx, FSX did not. I'm using Windows 10. Think I'll use the F-106 airfile and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by semo View Post
    I put new copies of the XF-92 in both P3D V4 and FSX gold on different drives of my computer. Both were 20kt machines. P3D had orbx, FSX did not. I'm using Windows 10. Think I'll use the F-106 airfile and move on.
    Thanks for helping out in the beta test.

We will get this resolved before a "Gold" release.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'm lazy and didn't read all the way back on the thread, but will there be a "MiG-23" paint with the Gold release?

I have no plans in doing the "MiG-23" at this time. I DO have plans for another test version with wing Tufts. in fact, it's already mostly done. I just didn't include it with the initial beta. about 90% complete.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Issue Resolved for Seahawk72

He suggests moving your Realism slider to the right one notch and testing. Fixed it for him.

EDIT:

Tested Realism = EASY - Aircraft will not exceed 25~ knots
    Tested Realism = Medium - Works fine
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just curious. Can anyone please post some VC shots ? My sim system is currently down and so I will be unable to download anything for several days.

Thank-you.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

Amazing! Yes if I put the General (top) realism sider far left I get , yes, about 18 knots...

The FDE was developed at all sliders full realism. Not having tested the plane at lesser settings, but it is said that the formulas used by the sim go through and disable many aspects of the sim physics, I can only suggest all sliders to the right.

We are hoping that this is a general fix! What that slider is disabling only who knows!

Cheers: Tom

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!! Worked for me as well Milton. Thanks Seahawk72! Now the question is why??? (Maybe Tom already answered that above as I was posting)
    Cheers

The Old Master Sergeant
    Last edited by oldmsgt; April 19th, 2018 at 18:51.

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Just curious. Can anyone please post some VC shots ? My sim system is currently down and so I will be unable to download anything for several days.

Thank-you.
    Here are two ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-apr-20-002.jpg   ms-2018-apr-20-003.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1