Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 15
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Tom, No! It's what keeps us in our toes! Even the great Scott Crossfield had a mishap in the real jet! You've done a great job here!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    We would love to use these T33 sounds as they fit perfectly and sound very realistic.
    However, we cannot identify the copyright owner.

Can you help identify the source by looking at the list of sound.wav's and the cfg?

If we cannot find the owner or gain permissions, we will release the beta with default FA18 sounds.

Thanks for any help you offer.
    Thanks Milton. I can not for the life of me remember where I got these. I had them as part of our T-33X update (I think) but I don't know for sure.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Milton:

Do I need to dial back the crashiness??

Cheers: Tom
    Tom,

Not at all. I just was not being careful with speeds on short final and let it tank on me. LOL
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

The Beta has been uploaded and is available for downloads.

Thanks for your help in testing in advance.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...23578&catid=40
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wow. Well done. Unique and beautiful.

Just finished a short hop at Edwards. No problems. Landing a little tricky. Fortunately, I had a lot of runway.

Thanks to all.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Icon23

.... awesome , no further tweaking required !!

Cheers to the team, another winner !

Don't know why but I can't even get the airspeed fast enough to even move the needle, let alone get it off the ground. Just rolls along the runway with the AB blasting away??? Using FSX Steam Edition. Looks fantastic by the way.
    The Old MSgt

ETA: Same result in P3Dv3.

Excellent work all around except for the only issue for me is the red stall warning comes on and stays on at any speed above 65kts. Otherwise a heck of a lot fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RKinkor View Post
    Excellent work all around except for the only issue for me is the red stall warning comes on and stays on at any speed above 65kts. Otherwise a heck of a lot fun!
    That may be the gear up warning.

LouP

Great job as usual, thank you. Sometimes, it feels like the old glory days of flight sim ;-)

LouP

That is a known issue; we are still looking at it.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    That is a known issue; we are still looking at it.

Thanks
    Ok cool, thanks and lots of thanks for all the work you and the entire have done on this! If it helps FSX acceleration box version windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Don't know why but I can't even get the airspeed fast enough to even move the needle, let alone get it off the ground. Just rolls along the runway with the AB blasting away??? Using FSX Steam Edition. Looks fantastic by the way.
    The Old MSgt

ETA: Same result in P3Dv3.
    Hmmm, interesting MSgt. I'll have to think about that one. Maybe Tom or Rick has some ideas.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Ok cool, thanks and lots of thanks for all the work you and the entire have done on this! If it helps FSX acceleration box version windows 10.
    I believe we all see it in FSXA and P3Dv4.2 as well.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    HOLY COW! I LOVE HER! She'll kill ya if you mistreat her on landing and don't obey the rules...no flaps...nothing to slow you down but nose attitude. I picked a runway with lots of room-Whidbey. Took off and got her off the ground at 165 cut throttle back till I got her speed to 220 and took her around at 2100 ft. Long approach into the wind 16kts. I pulled the nose up 14 degrees got her speed to 168 and held to the ground nose high and she landed perfectly 4 outta 4. Thanks guys...more fun than I can even say!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Man, so glad to hear this guys! glad you are all enjoying her! As for the AB blasting away and airspeed not moving....not sure. Have not encountered this issue. parking brake set? This is one problem I've never had with this one. It's always had plenty of speed. I'll have to think about this one.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I'm having the same problem as MSgt. Max speed 20 kts with full power and brakes off. FSXA.

Blog Entries
    Flies great in P3Dv4. High speed coordinated turns make it want to break out of the turn, but it never becomes uncontrollable. All around, a beautiful plane..

Pam

Members +
    Any chance that this will fly in FS2004?

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I don't believe so. The model is FSX Native. But Milton could say for sure. The package uses some gauges that might also not be FS9 compatible.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Flies great! Is this a relaxed FDE or is it the full on version? Anyone who has spent time in Restauravia's Mirage III will be right at home in this. The only thing that caught me out was the lack of a speed brake. Had to go around on my first landing attempt as I was at about 200 over the numbers at Oshkosh. Seems to land fine at around 160-170 like the Mirage. No problems on my version barring the already mentioned stall flag. Great job guys!

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    No Sir; sorry but it is FSX native DNA.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

A big thank you to all the contributors to this project! We couldn't have done it without you! Also I'd like to take this moment to thank Mr. Milton Shupe, who I'm sure in a moment of weakness, put aside his reasoning and took on this strange jet project at my request. Thank you sir for going out side of your normal ventures to honor my dream of setting this bird fly in FS! Many thanks from a grateful end user as well as contributor. Without your involvement it would still be a pipe dream!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Flies great! Is this a relaxed FDE or is it the full on version? Anyone who has spent time in Restauravia's Mirage III will be right at home in this. The only thing that caught me out was the lack of a speed brake. Had to go around on my first landing attempt as I was at about 200 over the numbers at Oshkosh. Seems to land fine at around 160-170 like the Mirage. No problems on my version barring the already mentioned stall flag. Great job guys!
    This is the full FDE. Yes if you're flying the mirage you should be fairly happy with this jet. Correct there is no speed brake. Slowing down can be achieved by means of retarding the throttle and putting in high alpha. Generally, without a means to spoil the lift, you can see just how clean a jet can fly and how challenging it is to slow them down once at speed. We take the speed brake for granted!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    This is the full FDE. Yes if you're flying the mirage you should be fairly happy with this jet. Correct there is no speed brake. Slowing down can be achieved by means of retarding the throttle and putting in high alpha. Generally, without a means to spoil the lift, you can see just how clean a jet can fly and how challenging it is to slow them down once at speed. We take the speed brake for granted!
    Yeah. Didn't take long to adjust to not having one. Just can't come into the pattern hot, break and land like I usually do for an airshow arrival! (Well, I can but I have to take it all the way to Fond Du Lac after the break before I'm slow enough to have a nice stable final! Shoulda read the pilots notes and I wouldn't have been caught out!

Members who have read this thread: 1