Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 9
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Sam's right here, yessir, feeling quite at home already but there's still some checkups and other titbits to finish up.

The model/textures look absolutely fabulous, Rick !

cheers,
    jan

Javis that's beautiful! Very excited to put a real pilot back at the controls! Haha. Not that I'm not a real pilot... That's not the point. The point is that I don't look as cool as this guy does!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

What Rick said, that pilot looks awesome!

Amazing work on the pilot figure and supporting attire Jan. If people only knew how hard you have had to work to even work on it. :-0
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Here's a raw video of the metal n action. Remember this is WIP. I will be running down the reflectivity with some good old fashioned dirt and oxidation, but not by much as the real deal was very clean and though not chromed was buffed aluminum which is very reflective in it's own right. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/WidB3dpFpU0
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Here's a raw video of the metal n action. Remember this is WIP. I will be running down the reflectivity with some good old fashioned dirt and oxidation, but not by much as the real deal was very clean and though not chromed was buffed aluminum which is very reflective in it's own right. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/WidB3dpFpU0
    Looks great. Agree that it appears a little bright. But what a fine looking jet.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

From an old geezer who's been flying the virtual skies since first buying the Chuck Yeager Flight simulator, if anyone remembers that one.

Though usually a lurker only, this project has compelled me to publicly state my thanks, admiration and excitement for the XF-92A project and for everyone associated with it. I've been watching the progress of this project with unbridled enthusiasm. I've dragged every delta wing fighter and every jet trainer I own into my current hangar. Daily, I check this thread and then go fly the Dart or the Dagger, the Skyhawk and the wonderful free Goshawk, the old Buckeye, the L-39, the beautifully redone T-33, and even Ants T-28s and both T-34s. Can't wait to kick the tires, light the fires and see, if like Yeager, I can land this little Delta at 65 knots!!!!

As I'm sure most of us regular, untalented simmers, who have loved all the models Milton and team have given us, I'm in awe of this model. Keep up the great work, I hope to be first in line for download when it's ready. Now for a little more practice in the Dart, sure wish I could see the runway out of that thing! If it's not apparent, this project has stirred up my emotions more than any in recent memory.

Thank you Milton and Team.

Thanks for the compliments dvj & binarkansas! This little jet is a blast to fly. Yes, I had Chuck Yeager's air combat game. I remember being blown away at how cool that was and remeber the"3D" looking shapes and the electronic arts logo at the start.....

What's been fun during this project is all the research and learning about this aircraft. Information is scarce, but what there is, anywhere out there, I believe we've read it.

One story that I can debunk is the story of Chuck Yeager landing at 65 knots! A common saying in my business is "don't let the truth get in the way of a good story,!" LOL. When I read this story of Yeager landing at 65 knots I was impressed... But a little skeptical. Being a real pilot and working in aerospace it didn't sit well with me, as much as I love Yeager and the swagger that he had in aviation circles. The truth of the matter is that Yeager had good hands. Meaning he could fly anything, and fly it well. He was able to fly the jet at 30 degrees AoA and 65 knots. The geometry of the jet would not allow this in a landing configuration. The trail pipe would strike the ground first on an approach at this speed. So while the jet could fly at this extreme envelope corner, not in landing configuration. ;-) Chuck Yeager is still my hero!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Should this Silver Dart be named Glamourus Glynnis?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Yes! Haha. I believe Yeager achieved Super Sonic speed in the XF-92A. He did not arrive on the program until Phase II.

Phase I - CONVAIR Research
    Phase II - USAF Flight testing
    Phase III - NACA Research

To see just how reflective and bright buffed aluminum was on this bird in direct sunlight with blue skies, see this video starting at 5:46. Watch the whole thing of course... LOL.

https://youtu.be/2HKQ87g4SsQ
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Before my primary HDD went on the fritz (no worries, files backed up, and new SSD installed.. Thanks Black Friday) I started to oxidize the aluminum... This is to much... But it will be toned down a bit from here.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Really impressive work on the textures Rick!

Great work Rick, those shots look amazing.

Geez Rick, those look amazing! Seems a shame they ever painted it! I'm a big fan of silver jets with tons 'o color! Was saddened when EAA sold "The Huff" and it was painted in Golden Knights colors.

Thanks guys! I finally have Photoshop CC reinstalled. My system is running much better now with the SSD... Can't believe how fast it is!

Thanks guys for the words. I'm trying a new method of surface painting. No, I'm not using quixel or any or material painting software...though I would mind trying that out.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Getting close to completing the base livery. Refining spec, adding dirt and leaks. Just saw the first images of pilot sized in plane. It's starting to look good! Once the base is complete, the other variants will easily come.

Super cool, Rick and Milton. Let's get this baby up with a Sabre chase plane and make some video!

Toby

Quote Originally Posted by mig21bis View Post
    Super cool, Rick and Milton. Let's get this baby up with a Sabre chase plane and make some video!

Toby
    Yes! That will definitely happen Toby! Textures are not quite there yet. A few more external details to do. But we'll definitely take that photo flight!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

I think I'm satisfied with the final Metal appearance. Now to tackle the Additional Paints. The first 2 are complete. Phase I and Phase II Metal. I'll be doing the Phase III All White (the most widely photographed) and possibly the "MiG-23" from Jet Pilot movie which never saw the film.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

beautiful!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Wonderful! Really looking forward to the release of this beauty.

Brian

Awesome Rick!
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Spectacular Rick!
    Mike M.​

Members who have read this thread: 1