Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 4
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Interesting project! I believe john T has such a helmet and pilot figure on his korean war mustangs. Maybe it is possible to borrow it?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

I'd be happy to put any of these three gentlemen daredevils in the cockpit:

cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

cheers,
    Jan
    Now that would be awesome Jan.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Materials test. Working very well. Moving ahead with painting.
    The mesh is looking really good in those shots.

Took her up to FL500. Baby, it's cold out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fl500.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Yes! Mesh is looking very smooth. Small diameter fuselage is lending well to the number of faces you used for a very good curve. I've got the base color done with each part separated by a layer mask. Nothing to show yet. But I'm ready to start the panel lines and rivets and access panels. Once that's done, the bare metal scheme will be very quick to follow as I've stream lined my work flow for bumps, specs and alpha channel creation with the XP-54 which I can now apply to future projects.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

cheers,
    Jan
    Great photo, thanks...
    Worth taking a look at the career of Jack Ridley, a brilliant engineer and pilot...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ridley_(pilot)

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Now that would be awesome Jan.
    Glad to be of some assistance, Milton. I have a new pilot figure for your- and Gordon's F-7F Tigercat as well :

I have a P-1A helmet and a A-13A O2 mask lying around in the workshop somewhere too, it's Max though so i have to convert to Gmax.

Can you send me the XF92 gmax source so i can fit him in ?

Great project, Milton ! Love these testplanes !

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Great photo, thanks...
    Worth taking a look at the career of Jack Ridley, a brilliant engineer and pilot...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ridley_(pilot)
    Thanks for the link Seahawk, a great and interesting read!

Very ironic and sad to read that it happend to be the gentle C-47 in which he found his final resting place, being only 41 years of age...

Glad to be of some assistance, Milton. I have a new pilot figure for your- and Gordon's F-7F Tigercat as well :

[IMG]http://sectionf8.com/f86files/f7-pilotwip2.jpg[/IMG

I have a P-1A helmet and a A-13A O2 mask lying around in the workshop somewhere too, it's Max though so i have to convert to Gmax.

Can you send me the XF92 gmax source so i can fit him in ?

Great project, Milton ! Love these testplanes !

Cheers,
    Jan

That would be wonderful Jan! Thank you! Precisely what we were hoping for!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Hello Jan, thank you Sir once again.

The source link was sent to you by PM.

Kind Regards
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

That would be wonderful Jan! Thank you! Precisely what we were hoping for!
    Glad to help out, Rick, thanks!

Hello Jan, thank you Sir once again.

The source link was sent to you by PM.

Kind Regards
    Got it, thanks Milton !

Rivet Gun Getting some use

Still very early....

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Blog Entries
    Still very early....

very very nice

UPDATE:

This is my first true "from scratch" project. I've never taken the paint from absolutely nothing. First time I've done the full load. Very reward but slow going with rivets and alignment of panel lines. I've not much time with 3 kids and all that that implies. But had some time tonight. I've got the rivets and panel lines finished on upper and lower wing surfaces and canopy. Now I just need to attack the fuselage and this sheet will be ready for the bump treatment.

I did the custom wing vapor texture effect tonight as well. Once it's working properly (I can see it in MCX, but not in sim! Go figure!??), we'll get some nice g loading induced wing vapor. Milton worked hard on getting this feature integrated. We also have wing fences as an option selectable through an on/off VC switch. Again, Milton working his tail off for these features.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

It's looking good guys! It's really looking like an airplane now.

Since I have no jets in my build inventory, I am in need of the typical jet engine gauges (single engine). Anyone aware of some period typical gauges for the late 40's/early 50's jets that we may use (with permissions) for this project.

We can modify as necessary but most important is period correct with permissions to use/modify.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Something from the FSX T-33 project or any other of Tim's jet birds?

Getting explicit permission is, of course, not really possible unless we'll be witnesses to a resurrection miracle. Yet, I think one can get away with giving him credit (in absentia).

In addition to the standard stuff, We do need an Afterburner ignition gauge upon reaching a throttle %power setting, as this model has AB. Anyone able to help in that arena? Milton will need that as well.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Took a break from riveting and created a wing vapor texture. Thanks to Century Series for helping us with the coding and how to achieve this result!

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Since I have no jets in my build inventory, I am in need of the typical jet engine gauges (single engine). Anyone aware of some period typical gauges for the late 40's/early 50's jets that we may use (with permissions) for this project.

We can modify as necessary but most important is period correct with permissions to use/modify.
    If these are to your liking you're good to go, Milton :

110% sure that if he was still around Hansi would've been glad to donate his F-86 gauges for your XF-92 project, Milton. They are from quite a few years ago of course so no 3D alas. And our F-86 model was for FS9 but the gauges work fine in FSX. However they don't in P3Dv4.... I just checked... I don't have enough knowledge of gauges to know if they can be *made* to work in v4.... ( Bjoern ?.... )

Nice option here is that some gauges are double, click them and they'll turn into another gauge. F.i. the ILS gauge can change into the ADF gauge.

So, if you like i can send you the gauges or maybe you have our old Sabre puppy still lying around somewhere ? It's all Hansi's and my work, you're very welcome to it, naturally. In addition to the gauges you can of course use anything. I'd say put the whole VC in and remove what's not needed. In that case i'll send you our F-86 model source.

( afraid no AB gauge, Rick.... F-86 didn't have one.. )

Cheers,
    Jan

I thought about the gauges and of course most any gauge will work for FS9/FSX/P3D_V3, however once you get to P3D_V4 you lose any "gau" or "dll" based gauges due to the 64bit architecture ("cab./xml" gauges only).
    Last edited by falcon409; November 2nd, 2017 at 05:43.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I'm currently using the xf-92 only in P3DV4. So far everything works as should. yes, any non-xml gauges would not work in v4.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

If these are to your liking you're good to go, Milton :

+1 for this quality .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Gentlemen, understand that there are only 2 pictures of the cockpit that I'm aware of. Both are of the piece in the USAF museum, and both are terribly out of focus! They are useless for reference. As such, Milton and I discussed converting the XP72 VC for use in the XF-92A. This greatly reduces production time. It also is in line with the spirit of the actual production of the real thing. Where parts were borrowed from off the shelf inventory. Also, being a test aircraft, there were no externa lights, and navigation equipment was likely lmited to a single ADF. Though I'm up for something more modern in order to facilitate use with VORs for ease of sim use.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 1