Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 20
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Notching up the realism slider worked for me also. Great modeling, awesome skins, very immersive sound and visual effects, challenging and very enjoyable flight dynamics. A definite keeper. Awesome work XF-92A Team! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bob407 View Post
    Notching up the realism slider worked for me also. Great modeling, awesome skins, very immersive sound and visual effects, challenging and very enjoyable flight dynamics. A definite keeper. Awesome work XF-92A Team! Thank you!
    That's great to hear Bob; hopefully it will correct the issue for all the sims and people reporting.

We have a few items to clean up yet so if any of you have issues, please get them posted.

Thanks for your help in fleshing out any remaining issues.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Excellent! So glad a solution was found! Yes I never would have thought to try the realism sliders! I keep mine full right all the time. Sounds like most people have it fixed now. Good news!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Moving the realism settings worked for me as well, it now flies very well thanks to everyone involved in creating this aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Excellent! So glad a solution was found! Yes I never would have thought to try the realism sliders! I keep mine full right all the time. Sounds like most people have it fixed now. Good news!
    +1 Guess that's why it's always worked for me too!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Anything less than full realism is for girly-men! LOL
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Well, thanks to Seahawk72s, we all are now wearing our big boy realism pants and life is good.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Well, thanks to Seahawk72, we all are now wearing our big boy realism pants and life is good.
    LOL too funny :-)

Bjoern, you sound a little cranky today. :-)
    As you might know, I'm always cranky.

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    We are hoping that this is a general fix! What that slider is disabling only who knows!
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/re...msfs-v1-0.169/

CTRL+F'ing through the document for "realism slider" lists some parameters that depend on its position.

Well, thanks to Seahawk72s, we all are now wearing our big boy realism pants and life is good.
    Oh, No! What's next?? Everyone turns "Crash Detection" back on? Put some suspenders on, people, and keep those big-boy pants in place.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Since I have basically become a scenery and aircraft collector, rather than much of a flier, I think I'll just move the lever back to easy and dump the XF-92. If anyone has a problem with that they can kiss my afterburner!

P.S. Great work Seahawk. Don't know how you ever thought to try that.
    Last edited by semo; April 20th, 2018 at 09:54.

I can't imagine anyone would have a problem with which aircraft you choose to keep on your system!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

disappointing

A collective group of members got together and helped troubleshoot a problem.
    They spent time and effort supporting a project they felt was important because they like this
    hobby. Community members are a diverse group so what and how they fly is really nobody else's business
    but their own. A freedom we all enjoy along with an expected level of support that the forum offers.
    Some of the comments made above offer no constructive support and are mean spirited. This project deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by semo View Post
    Since I have basically become a scenery and aircraft collector, rather than much of a flier, I think I'll just move the lever back to easy and dump the XF-92. If anyone has a problem with that they can kiss my afterburner!

P.S. Great work Seahawk. Don't know how you ever thought to try that.
    LOL Good one semo. No problem with that at all. :-)

The comments were all in jest; freeware is for fun.
    Whatever one chooses to do with it, or their sim, is their business.

I just appreciate everyone's help in testing the beta product.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Well the xjet is lots of fun, looks and flies as accurately as can be given the parameters of FSX - which are ok given her age. Thanks to all who contributed to her production and especially to Bjoern for reminding us all to use FSX perfectly like he does and to remember that open forums are places where people go to be told to shut the f up and sit the f down and stop asking for schtuff lol
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

The realism slider! Great find Seahawk72! I've been lurking around this thread and trying to duplicate this problem since it was first reported. It would have taken me a while to think of that! Great plane, by the way, XF-92 team. I've been having a lot of fun with it.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

LOL Good one semo. No problem with that at all. :-)

The comments were all in jest; freeware is for fun.
    Whatever one chooses to do with it, or their sim, is their business.

I just appreciate everyone's help in testing the beta product.

Thanks Milton, I often wish this site had a Thumbs up like facebook. God forbid. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    A collective group of members got together and helped troubleshoot a problem.
    They spent time and effort supporting a project they felt was important because they like this
    hobby. Community members are a diverse group so what and how they fly is really nobody else's business
    but their own. A freedom we all enjoy along with an expected level of support that the forum offers.
    Some of the comments made above offer no constructive support and are mean spirited. This project deserves better.
    Not for nothin but some of just like to chat as friends (just say'n) and aren't all that talented when it comes to making fs models. Every person I met in real life from the flight simming community has turned out to be a really good person. I truly appreciate all the offerings here and am amazed by you that have the talent to put this all together. Thank you to everyone who helped bring this together and all the other simouthouse offerings.

Have a great weekend,
    LouP

Thanks LouP, et al; it's just too much fun not to do. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

VC Light

I've been trying to add a VC light with no success.
    The location is just a guess and the effect file is in the correct location.
    I just not seeing the light. (pun intended)(FSX-A)

light.8= 4, 1.92, -0.07, 1.48, fx_vclight,

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I've been trying to add a VC light with no success.
    The location is just a guess and the effect file is in the correct location.
    I just not seeing the light. (pun intended)(FSX-A)

light.8= 4, 1.92, -0.07, 1.48, fx_vclight,
    Anytime you want to find the VC location, start with the Eyepoint parameter in the cfg file. This is set at the pilot's nose bridge.

Then you can drop a little from there.

For a two pilot plane, just center the x value.

Here is the eyepoint statement for the XF-92A:

eyepoint = 11.066, 0.0, 3.350 // fore/aft, left/right, up/down
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Wonderful Work gents.
    Thank you very much.

Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

For those who may prefer a 'not quite as dark' alternate for the vc panel.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnxve2tpc9u3kmj/vc01.zip

Great capture Rick. :-)

Ganter, I believe you have captured the essence of the ole gal right there. Well done!

Bob, that does look nice; thank you for sharing.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1