Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 17
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Rick

It's the exact same one in the download. Haven't messed with it. Can't attach it says "invalid file". I'm running FSX Steam Edition.

The Old MSgt
    You would have to put it in a folder, zip it, then attach.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Always available for surprise but the first line not having // does not refer to any properties and if the plane loads should not disable anything.

If someone with AFSD would check if the plane is sensing throttle movement and developing thrust in the "Engine" tab it would be helpful. Very difficult to troubleshoot an issue on your system from here.

If you do not have it, very useful for many things in evaluating aircraft performance in real time.

http://sors.fr/aero/designer_pilot_utilities.html

Thanks!

Here is my panel.cfg file as requested (Thanks Milton) Yes Rick, I have XMLTools installed.

The Old MSgt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you so much Milton and Team for this X plane. No issues for me at all. Loaded into FSX-A with no problem. Flies very well for me. Just need to do a long approach into Edwards AFB. Landed perfect on the first attempt. Beautiful textures by Rick ! Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Convair.jpg  

Similar issue..

I am seeing the same issue as oldmsgt. I am using FSX-A.
    About 20kts max at full throttle. I too tried replacing the aircraft.cfg from fliger747 and then commented out the "brakes" section with no effect. Flew Jan's "SF8_F-86EF_Sabre" prior with no issues.

Attached is AFSD screen shot shown using joy stick throttle.
    When using F1-F4 keys I show 0-100% throttle (and 20kts. max)

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I am seeing the same issue as oldmsgt. I am using FSX-A.
    About 20kts max at full throttle. I too tried replacing the aircraft.cfg from fliger747 and then commented out the "brakes" section with no effect. Flew Jan's "SF8_F-86EF_Sabre" prior with no issues.

Attached is AFSD screen shot shown using joy stick throttle.
    When using F1-F4 keys I show 0-100% throttle (and 20kts. max)

Thanks...
    I just mirrored your Jet Engine numbers in AFSD without issues. Strange one ...
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

What did AFSD show for engine thrust vrs Throttle position??

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    What did AFSD show for engine thrust vrs Throttle position??
    For me, under Ground Dynamics, I show:

Gross Thrust = 5835
    Thrust = 5834
    EX Thrust = 2841

Note I was carrying more speed; was trying to get all my engine numbers close to his.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-apr-18-016.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Note the ground friction number!

Wonder what is causing that?

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Note the ground friction number!

Wonder what is causing that?
    Weight, low tire pressure, and textured concrete.

You should look at a loaded 747 ground friction!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Flew it in P3Dv4, loved it. The main issue for me is after high alpha the stall message comes on and doesn't go out on the lower right part of the screen, but it didn't really bother me. Just saying. This airplane is a lot of fun to fly and my first landing wasn't bad, but I thought I had greased it on only to find I was about a foot above the runway when I dropped it on. Oops. It was still in one piece. Nice work everyone.

a little more info.

A couple more AFSD screen shots.

A quick test this morning (off to hockey in a few minutes) shows that the max braking figure is about -5500 lbs, measured rolling resistance in a normal takeoff is about -650 lbs. As i was able to successfully takeoff with the parking brake set, apparently the max braking is greater than the parking brake?

A possibility is that the braking could be reversed in the aircraft controls section in the sim? Ie. released when for instance the trigger is pulled if that is where it is assigned?

No braking events are assigned in the .Air file currently, auto brake etc.

Try beginning a flight in the air to confirm we have a brake/ground friction issue. You have not modified ground friction in your sim? FS9 had higher ground friction and some people like this!

Cheers: T

Switched in flight from an F-86, aircraft went noze up until speed dropped from around 290kts to 30 kts.
    Even with full power aircraft dropped and never regained any speed above 30 or so.

Thanks...

I gave it a try last night and it flew quite well, the stall warning was on the whole time. It landed easily but the brakes took a long time to stop it. I would add ‘Convair’ to the title parameters.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, the stall warning is a"feature" we hope to remove. No affect of flight that we can detect but a nuisance that may have unseen consequences.

Good recommendation; done.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Got a friend at the local airport who claims he can "fix what's broke".

We shall see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fixwhatsbroke.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For those with take off issues, could you try swapping the panel for another single engine jet? That might eliminate the possibility that a gauge/panel issue is causing this problem.

EDIT: Tested and the problem still exists. So, ignore this request now. Thanks
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 18th, 2018 at 09:29.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Users with issues should check their FSUIPC for any ground friction mods.

Aircraft.cfg contact points are valid, I assume?

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    EDIT: Made the suggested changes to the panel/sound folders and panel.cfg and it works correctly. Thanks :-)
    Yeehaw!

I assume these latest issues are more with P3D?

I've encountered no issues with FSXA, but did note there were no lights externally or internally.

My last flight was uneventful. I took off from Edwards on Rwy 4R and climbed to 40,000 feet at full AB. After turning 180 degrees and headed back to KEDW, I watched my fuel which was at 50%. I landed with the "Bingo Fuel" warning. Hard to slow it down to a reasonable landing speed, so I took up most of the runway before stopping and taxing back to parking. Lots of fun.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

I've encountered no issues with FSXA, but did note there were no lights externally or internally.

My last flight was uneventful. I took off from Edwards on Rwy 4R and climbed to 40,000 feet at full AB. After turning 180 degrees and headed back to KEDW, I watched my fuel which was at 50%. I landed with the "Bingo Fuel" warning. Hard to slow it down to a reasonable landing speed, so I took up most of the runway before stopping and taxing back to parking. Lots of fun.
    +1 I find that it flies well until I try for a hi-speed run. It start doing a rather weird wobble up in the high 500Knots indicated airspeed. Back to normal after lowering the speed. I stuck my first center-line landing at McClellan in Sacramento. Landing speed was about 180, luckily a very long runway.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Negative, we have users in FSX, FSXA, P3Dv3, and FSX Steam Edition experiencing the issue. I think 4-5 users across these sims have the take off issue.

The trans-sonic behavior is part of the expected behavior at those speeds.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post

There are no exterior lights. This was a day-time, fair wx test machine.
    The gauges are back-lighted.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

@MrZippy

Yes, you're starting to encounter the transonic region. gets a little shaky, but still controlable. If it were an F-86 you'd notice a wing dip and control freeze approaching Mach 1.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    There are no exterior lights. This was a day-time, fair wx test machine.
    The gauges are back-lighted.
    I found the switches on the lower left panel and just was curious. Thanks.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Members who have read this thread: 0