Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 16
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Thanks, Milton and team for this great looking aircraft. Downloaded and installed this morning. Will test fly and splatter myself all over the field latter on this morning. One quick note. Did you really intend for the 64 bit sound P3d .dll and the DSD sound gauge that were included in the Effects folder to be installed to the Sim's Effects folder? I didn't realize that's where P3D put sound gauges??
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Thanks, Milton and team for this great looking aircraft. Downloaded and installed this morning. Will test fly and splatter myself all over the field latter on this morning. One quick note. Did you really intend for the 64 bit sound P3d .dll and the DSD sound gauge that were included in the Effects folder to be installed to the Sim's Effects folder? I didn't realize that's where P3D put sound gauges??
    No, those are just copies I forgot to remove. You can delete those two copies from the Effects folder.

For FSX, the dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau is used in the Panel folder.

For P3Dv4, the dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64.dll is used in the Panel folder and the panel.cfg must be changed to call it out per installation instructions. Meaning that .dll must be copied from the Panel/P3Dv4 gauge folder to the Panel folder. Then the panel.cfg must be changed to substitute gauge30 in Vcockpit01 section per the instructions.
    Not sure if the FSX gauge needs to be removed/copied out or not for P3Dv4.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 17th, 2018 at 08:18.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Well, like they say....."any landing you can walk away from!" I was in stall mode for the whole landing process and didn't exactly hit the runway. Sorta between the runway and taxiway and then plowed the north forty with the gear till I could turn and return to the runway. I think I'll go for my walk now and see if I can stop screaming.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walk away landing.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	59641
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Well, like they say....."any landing you can walk away from!" I was in stall mode for the whole landing process and didn't exactly hit the runway. Sorta between the runway and taxiway and then plowed the north forty with the gear till I could turn and return to the runway. I think I'll go for my walk now and see if I can stop screaming.

You can ignore the Stall sign bottom right of screen. It's there just to scare you into over-reacting. :-)

The stall warning is an anomaly we have not yet sorted out. Still looking at it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For those of you who are having issues with power on take off (will not gain speed), we have looked at a number of things but have not yet got it to fail in FSXA or P3Dv4.

If you could try some things and report back any successes, that would be appreciated.

For example, you might load up another jet with afterburners, ensure its working correctly, then switch to the xf-92a to test.

Also, for comparison sake to others who have this issue, you might report:

Do you have FSUIPC installed, do you have XMLTools installed?
    Have you tried re-installing?
    etc.

Anything that you can think of that might help isolate the issue ....

Thanks

EDIT: For troubleshooting: comment out the brake section in the .cfg file using // on each line. Test and see if that makes the acceleration issue go away? If so, copy the section, delete it and re paste. If it is a formatting issue, that might fix it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton are you still looking for the details on those J33 sounds... I have one that has all the details in a read me that I can p.m. to you.

matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Milton are you still looking for the details on those J33 sounds... I have one that has all the details in a read me that I can p.m. to you.

matt
    Yes, thank you Matt
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I'll send it later when on other machine.

Matt

Just a WAG: Maybe a coding issue with text files used in the .Cfg. When text files are saved the coding used can be selected. Some versions of the sim ignore the wrong coding. I have developed and tested this in FSX Accel and P3D V4. I am aware that P3dV3 has issues reading the format in which some texts are saved.

Anyone out there with issues have AFSD? I was able to successfully takeoff with the parking brake set, so maybe some sort of engine issue. With AFSD one can measure the thrust and see if we are not getting thrust.

T

I've pm'd the readme text with contact details Milton

Matt

Something to try:

Copy the entire text of the .cfg file, then re paste it. If that doesn't change anything use a different coding type for the text.

???

This is a beauty but a tricky so and so to fly... thanks Milton and Team

Matt

cfg file

This cfg file is re formatted in UTF-8 See if this helps?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    I'll send it later when on other machine.

Matt
    Got it Matt; thank you very much.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    For those of you who are having issues with power on take off (will not gain speed), we have looked at a number of things but have not yet got it to fail in FSXA or P3Dv4.

If you could try some things and report back any successes, that would be appreciated.

For example, you might load up another jet with afterburners, ensure its working correctly, then switch to the xf-92a to test.

Also, for comparison sake to others who have this issue, you might report:

Do you have FSUIPC installed, do you have XMLTools installed?
    Have you tried re-installing?
    etc.

Anything that you can think of that might help isolate the issue ....

Thanks

EDIT: For troubleshooting: comment out the brake section in the .cfg file using // on each line. Test and see if that makes the acceleration issue go away? If so, copy the section, delete it and re paste. If it is a formatting issue, that might fix it.
    Milton

I tried all the above, as well as replacing the .cfg file with the one above, all to no avail. I tried numerous re-installs, using different downloads with no change. I flew both the Razbam F-102 and Milviz F-4E with no problems. I do have the latest freeware FSUIPC and XMLTools installed. As a last resort I renamed the .air file from Rob Richardson's freeware F-106 and replaced the one in the XP-72. Had nothing to lose at this point, so figured why not. Guess what? She took off and flew perfectly!! So, apparently the problem lies somewhere in the .air file. Going to leave well enough alone for now! Hope this helps.

Cheers

The Old Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Milton

I tried all the above, as well as replacing the .cfg file with the one above, all to no avail. I tried numerous re-installs, using different downloads with no change. I flew both the Razbam F-102 and Milviz F-4E with no problems. I do have the latest freeware FSUIPC and XMLTools installed. As a last resort I renamed the .air file from Rob Richardson's freeware F-106 and replaced the one in the XP-72. Had nothing to lose at this point, so figured why not. Guess what? She took off and flew perfectly!! So, apparently the problem lies somewhere in the .air file. Going to leave well enough alone for now! Hope this helps.

Cheers

The Old Master Sergeant
    Just out of Curiosity, could you post the contents of your panel.cfg file please? What version of FS/P3D are you running?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I can't spot anything out of the ordinary in the aircraft.cfg and .air file, except maybe the induced drag scalar, but I don't think that's a factor unless you're overrotating or weight and balance is off.

Milton:
    The panel light switch is coupled to the nav lights. Might want to use "switch_panel_light_no_nav" for the mouse rectangle instead.

And what's the cowl flap and primer switches for?

General hint:

In order to install the XF-92 anywhere other than SimObjects...

1. Copy XF-92A_XML_Sounds into the panel folder
    2. Move dsd_fsx_xml_sound into panel\XF-92A_XML_Sounds
    3. Replace the "gauge30=" line in the panel.cfg with this one:
    Code:
    gauge30=XF-92A_XML_Sounds\dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 2,2,2,2, XF-92A_sound.ini
    (P3Dv4 users replace "dsd_fsx..." with "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64")
    4. Delete all instances of
    Code:
    ./SimObjects/Airplanes/XF-92A/XF-92A_XML_Sounds/
    from XF-92A_sound.ini

That should do. If I haven't screwed the instructions up and there's positive feedback, it should become the default configuration. Relative paths are always better.

Rick

It's the exact same one in the download. Haven't messed with it. Can't attach it says "invalid file". I'm running FSX Steam Edition.

The Old MSgt

Glad to report no problems here FsXA Dx10.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Why is there only a single tank defined in the aircraft.cfg if there's a fuel selector?

And the very first line in the aircraft.cfg is not declared as a comment ("//..."). Might throw FSX off.

Even one tank engines will have a fuel selector, on and off...

I've been having some unrelated weird FSX issues on one computer which makes me suspect "Updates" to Win 7. But no problems on two different computers with FSXA and P3Dv4 with the XF 92A.

Harumph!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Rick

It's the exact same one in the download. Haven't messed with it. Can't attach it says "invalid file". I'm running FSX Steam Edition.

The Old MSgt
    Do you have XMLTools installed? IIRC it is required to run one of the gauges...though I'm not sure it should affect the engine other than the effects for AB.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    I can't spot anything out of the ordinary in the aircraft.cfg and .air file, except maybe the induced drag scalar, but I don't think that's a factor unless you're overrotating or weight and balance is off.

Milton:
    The panel light switch is coupled to the nav lights. Might want to use "switch_panel_light_no_nav" for the mouse rectangle instead.

And what's the cowl flap and primer switches for?

General hint:

In order to install the XF-92 anywhere other than SimObjects...

1. Copy XF-92A_XML_Sounds into the panel folder
    2. Move dsd_fsx_xml_sound into panel\XF-92A_XML_Sounds
    3. Replace the "gauge30=" line in the panel.cfg with this one:
    Code:
    gauge30=XF-92A_XML_Sounds\dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 2,2,2,2, XF-92A_sound.ini
    (P3Dv4 users replace "dsd_fsx..." with "dsd_p3d_xml_sound_x64")
    4. Delete all instances of
    Code:
    ./SimObjects/Airplanes/XF-92A/XF-92A_XML_Sounds/
    from XF-92A_sound.ini

That should do. If I haven't screwed the instructions up and there's positive feedback, it should become the default configuration. Relative paths are always better.
    Good observations Bjoern. Thanks

The cockpit was borrowed from a piston engine project, and those cowl and primer functions are INOP.

Good catch on the panel light switch; I usually do that but overlooked I guess as this is not a night flyer and has no external lights.

Will try your recommendation on the sound folder gauges.

EDIT: Made the suggested changes to the panel/sound folders and panel.cfg and it works correctly. Thanks :-)
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; April 17th, 2018 at 15:43.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Do you have XMLTools installed? IIRC it is required to run one of the gauges...though I'm not sure it should affect the engine other than the effects for AB.
    I believe that's true, no affect. I tested for this issue by removing the xmltools.dll.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Why is there only a single tank defined in the aircraft.cfg if there's a fuel selector?

And the very first line in the aircraft.cfg is not declared as a comment ("//..."). Might throw FSX off.
    Always a possibility; maybe the users having an issue can comment out that first line, or delete it.

// TF 15 April 2018
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0