Convair Delta Wing Test - Page 12
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Convair Delta Wing Test

Quote Originally Posted by semo View Post
    Milton if your in search of a project, a fsx native lodestar or PV-1 would be a great addition to P3D.
    semo, I have an inventory of some 40 aircraft to convert to native so no, not really looking. :-)

The PV-1 is on the list.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton, I actually figure you usually have 10 things going at once. I just wanted to cast a vote for a PV-1. Thanks for all you do for the hobby. Semo

Quote Originally Posted by semo View Post
    Milton, I actually figure you usually have 10 things going at once. I just wanted to cast a vote for a PV-1. Thanks for all you do for the hobby. Semo
    I have the Mallard Radial - Classic conversion completed and now working on the Business Class version. Hope to get that out in about two weeks.
    But first, I must get out the FS9 version of the Marauder.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have the Mallard Radial - Classic conversion completed and now working on the Business Class version. Hope to get that out in about two weeks.
    But first, I must get out the FS9 version of the Marauder.

Yaaay!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Unless you clone me, hook me up to machinery to keep my bodily functions up and constantly inject me with amphetamines so that I can tackle the X-3 next to all the other stuff I'm doing, I absolutely won't.
    Bjoern, the last thing we need is for you to burn out; your contributions across the community are too valuable. :-)

If we can find that cross section 3-view, I'll take care of it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Bjoern, the last thing we need is for you to burn out; your contributions across the community are too valuable. :-)

If we can find that cross section 3-view, I'll take care of it.
    Same thing for you. Please don't burn out. (I still kind of want those native Lockheeds. )

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Same thing for you. Please don't burn out. (I still kind of want those native Lockheeds. )
    On the list Bjoern; gotta get this Marauder out first then on FSX native conversions full time.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Any more progress on the Delta Wing??
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Any more progress on the Delta Wing??
    Are you referring to the XF-92A?

You may be hearing something in two weeks.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Are you referring to the XF-92A?

You may be hearing something in two weeks.
    I guess this is what happens when these conversations get beyond the primary topic.

Yes, I was referring to the XF-92A because of the beautiful screenshots posted early on and this discussion started as "Convair Delta Wing Test".

Perhaps a separate thread should be started on the X-3 Stiletto? i'm a little lost on this one. Is this a future build project?
    -- WH

I guess this is what happens when these conversations get beyond the primary topic.

Yes, I was referring to the XF-92A because of the beautiful screenshots posted early on and this discussion started as "Convair Delta Wing Test".

Perhaps a separate thread should be started on the X-3 Stiletto? i'm a little lost on this one. Is this a future build project?
    My apologies.

I searched for the X-3 Stiletto and this thread popped up. I did not double check to ensure this was the x-3 thread before posting.
    Had the Cat on my desk and was trying to work around him before he hit the KB. WTH!

" Is this a future build project?" (meaning the x-3 I presume)

I do not think so, We have not found a a quality 3-view with cross sections. Without that, it's not worth doing (by me anyhow).
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

My apologies.

I searched for the X-3 Stiletto and this thread popped up. I did not double check to ensure this was the x-3 thread before posting.
    Had the Cat on my desk and was trying to work around him before he hit the KB. WTH!

" Is this a future build project?" (meaning the x-3 I presume)

I do not think so, We have not found a a quality 3-view with cross sections. Without that, it's not worth doing (by me anyhow).

No need to apologize. We're both the same age and I've lost my focus many times.

Thanks for the response. Now, where did I put my coffee cup...
    -- WH

No need to apologize. We're both the same age and I've lost my focus many times.

Thanks for the response. Now, where did I put my coffee cup...
    I have started a new thread for the Stiletto.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I have started a new thread for the Stiletto.
    Thanks. So back to my last post.

Is there any more progress on the XF-92A Delta Wing??

Seems this effort has stalled as nobody has responded.
    -- WH

LOL Wow; same answer as 3 days ago Sir; appreciate your interest.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1126865
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hahahaha.. forgot about that post (#284).

I'll go to my room now.
    -- WH

Yes, the project has reached a stagnation point. There are a few things things that need to be completed:

1. FDE - I have some tools and warchild has graciously offered to help me -- however, with my family life, job, church and sports for kids, my free FS time is very limited now. More than it ever has been. Even in the last few months have less time to devote to it. And FDE creation is simply not on my list of priorites. I definitely can learn, but I don't think that this project should hold out for that. It would take an unreasonable amount of time. SO, again, we are in need of someone who can do FDE work. I fully understand Aerodynamics and have all the documentation you could possibly need. But we do need someone who could do a Delta wing justice.

2. We still need the pilot figure from Jan. Jan has had some personal issues and is working through those. But I believe he still plans on providing it...

3. Milton and I have been talking offline, and we have come to the conclusion that we may release a "beta" of this aircraft, along the lines of his other native releases. Then Once we have the Pilot and FDE we can release a "Gold" Version.

That's the status. Sorry. I've felt bad for having it without being able to work on the FDE. But there you go. You may have been wondering about it, since I've been active in the DCS forum. I've just decided that I want to fly right now more than anything with my FS time. So I've been painting and flying with some friends in DCS. Thems the breaks with Freeware!

I would like to release the Beta with the Pilot though. That is one thing that I really would like to hold out for. Because basically it's in good shape and flyable as is....that way the FDE can be worked on at anytime and it would otherwise be a complete aircraft.

Best,
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Well, thank you for the response. I appreciate your candor. Thanks for all you've done to date.
    -- WH

Ok, it looks like the pilot will not be coming any time soon. The good news is that Jan is on the mend.

That said, if there is someone in our community who would be willing to donate a fighter pilot figure from a 1950s fighter project, we would be very appreciative! This is the final bit for modeling.

FDE needs some good work. Milton has a usable FDE as a place holder but there are some things that need to be addressed specific to Delta wings and performance for this precise bird.

I will see about releasing it this week. Need to get all the files organized for the "beta".
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Good news all, we've had someone step forward to take a crack at it. This is a big shot in the arm for this project. I sincerely want to get this out and into your hands, but also would like it to be very much complete as it can be so that you don't have to fiddle around and can just enjoy the flying. WIll keep you posted. Milton's hard work on this one is worth it. Its a beautiful rendition!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Rick:

I'll send you some new flying manners to try out soon. It's a super sweet flier but investigating the roll coupling issues which were somewhat adressed by the fences. Lots of stability dampening data available, just need to see how that translates into our FS tools that are available.

Cheers: Tom

Good news Tom! Thanks for the update! She's in good hands!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

After looking at some of the stability testing data making a few more changes such that it flies a little less like it's on rails.

Later today, have to remove a bunch of snow first.

Another Powder ski Friday, but progress with the lateral stability and roll coupling. A couple more axis to go through for stability but will do a nice hight speed tumble with a good cross control.

Tom, I'll be testing this morning what you sent me yesterday. Keep you posted. From what Milton described it's really getting good. Thanks!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Members who have read this thread: 1