New / Updated campaign by Skylane! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New / Updated campaign by Skylane!

Finn, it's not the library, it's me.

Back when I created these I was using an old version of WinZip. Even after you delete folders in the zip prior to uploading, people using newer Operating Systems reported they could still see these empty folders.

I've just never got round to repackaging these with a newer version of WinZip - mea culpa

That would mean that the correct ships should also be there somewhere, but only a couple of folders have the correct names (and all folders within are empty) It seems to me, that alle these downloads contain the list of the Shop Upgrade Packages without the stuff inside the folders.
    Could you please re-upload those ships? Or at least a list of what those ships should be, since a lot of us probably have most of your excellent stuff.
    Finn

Another problem, but minor I think

I've at long last got all the installs done in a new install just for this Malayan campaign, but alas - when I try to load tha campaign I get a "an error occured while loading the campaign file". Rats - but all the different mission can be flown as single missions, so I guess the problem is in the .cmg-file?
    On the positive side, this is a wonderful experience. The sceneries are beautiful, and the addition of PEOPLE just adds to the scenery. I am going to fly all missions, and if another cmg file solves the problem, I'll also fly the campaigns Thank you for giving us this Skylane.
    Finn

Finn, I'm happy you like the missions!

About that cmg file: I intended this campaign to be flown as single missions for mainly two reasons.
    First, it is inevitable that you lose many wingmen (at least when flying the British side), so most probably you wouldn't make it to the end of the campaign for this reason.
    Second, I edited the skill and aggression level for the wingmen in most of the missions, in order to make the missions work out as closely as possible to the real events. In campaign mode, skill and aggression of the wingmen are assigned in a different way, so the missions would probably work out in a different way.
    Therefore I didn't test the cmg file, and included it only for someone who absolutely insists in flying the missions in campaign mode.
    Sorry to discover that it seems not to work. I can take a look at it when I'm home again next week, but I'm not sure I can fix it because I do not have much experience working with those files.

PSK_Trawler_NW is missing in readme (it is not PSK_Excellent_RN)
    Killer Svend

Library Staff
    Hi Finn & Wolfgang,

There's a minor typing error in all three cmg files. The square bracket is missing in front of "node 9" onwards.

Open the cmg files with Notepad and add the bracket like so: [node.9] etc.

I agree with flying the missions singularly if you prefer them to be historically realistic and have a more satisfying outcome.

I'm still updating my fleet of Japanese aircraft and looking forward to finally flying the missions.

Kevin

Thanks Kdriver.
    I'm also having a problem with the blenheim mk1F, which the game cannot find. I've searched the "usual suspects" but so far havenīt found the reason.
    If anyone found it, please tell it all of us here.
    Finn

Kevin, thanks for finding the mistake in the cmg file!

Killer Svend, thanks for pointing out the missing link in the readme; You can find the trawler on Sully' Ships site. I'll update the readme on my next day off.

Finn, The Blenheim IF works on my install, but I'll have a look at it nevertheless on my day off.

When updating the readme, do'nt forget the also missing usio's ships JMK_Kagero and Sensai,I have now the campaigns up-running, it's a very nice and interresting set of campaigns,Thank you very mutch, take a pint on my account.
    Killer Svend

Members who have read this thread: 0