lag

Thread: lag

lag

anyone been getting any extra frame rate hit since the latest patch?

i have not changed any settings seems like of laggy
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    anyone been getting any extra frame rate hit since the latest patch?

i have not changed any settings seems like of laggy

Hi,

I had a really bad performance hit after the big update for version 2.1 Alpha a while ago, around the time they released the WW2 region and pack. I found a fix which works really well and it may help you.

First back up the folders I mention below in case you want to reuse some parts of them or if an error occurs.

The fix is basically to rename your existing Saved Games folder of the sim affected; the one located at Admin/Saved Games/DCS (or DCS.openalpha or DCS.openbeta). Actually just rename the folder, don't delete, and the renamed folder can serve as your backup.

This was what I did anyway, but you may want to look in to it more on the DCS World forums, which is where I read about it. For V2.1 alpha I think the issue may have been the metashaders, so you could start by deleting any shader folders and letting them be rebuilt.

My frames were horrible after the update before I did this, and returned to normal or better after I did this.

I do recommend looking in to it more on the DCS World forums as there were also some settings that may need to be changed/reset, but I can't recall exactly what. It was one or a few of the shadow settings that could also affect performance. Actually just found a few posts. Linked below:

I have found that following some of the advice offered in these performance threads has helped a lot. The sim is looking and performing much better now. Here are the only steps I took so far:

- Renamed saved games folder (DCS.openalpha) and let DCS build a new one. I then just copied the Config/Input folder back for controls.

- Turned in game anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing off then set these on to 16x and 8x with Nvidia Control Panel (for DCS.EXE).

- Turned Deferred Shading off. Most other settings left as is (high texturing etc, mid shadows, mid pre load radius)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...5&postcount=53

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=188244

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3156095

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Members who have read this thread: 0