Lynn And Bill Lyons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lynn And Bill Lyons

Lynn And Bill Lyons

Remembering Lynn And Bill Lyons ..Years of Joy In Aviation They need no eulogy from me or anyone ,their mark is indelible in our Sim World...Miss Them!

have they passed on?..or you just mean you miss them in flight sim?...

I do too. I still fly the Piper Apache. Have it it P3D 4, but the door is missing. It's why I still have P3D 3.4 on my system. The scenery that came with their planes was great too !
    Sue

Do Not Know DAVEROO,....Hope They Live Forever....was activating FS9, and the memories and joy came back...Just a Memory relived..

Their Sikorsky S43 was a long time favorite of mine. I pre-ordered Golden Hawaii as soon as I saw the first teaser screenshots of it. I think mine was probably the first purchase on it.

Where ever Bill and Lynn are, I wish them the best.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I D/L the other day.....What a plane what a model nice to hear the On Board announcement radio..and great Hawaii Music.Scenery,..The wonderful Operating small details .....Was great Willi ..Thnx !

I really enjoyed everything they did, because they didn't just model airplanes, they modeled adventure. I would have to say my favorite was the Graf Zeppelin.

Quote Originally Posted by napacon View Post
    I D/L the other day.....What a plane what a model nice to hear the On Board announcement radio..and great Hawaii Music.Scenery,..The wonderful Operating small details .....Was great Willi ..Thnx !
    And you can change announcements and "radio presets" to any sound file you want to use. One I used was from the tv show "Firefly". "Oh my God! I think we're gonna crash" Now I've got this idea of seeing if I can get those announcement switches to work in something else.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I reckon Tom (overshoe) would let us know if there were any news.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Bills Dogs,Kids,Girls In All Those Planes... he put life Into our Modeling world...We Were In America in a simpler time....How I Miss Chasing ,Buzzing Those Smoking Trains ..Was All An adventure...I for One Sorry That trend,of real life did not carry into other Sims ..I find my self stepping back a bit,Rather Looking for the new? I Find The Old Very Gratifying...Old Friends ....

Hello,
    Best in Fs9 and after in FsX :

FSX - FSX Early AircraftFSX Magic One Travel Air
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: tamo_fsx.zip
    Size: 7,260,677 Date: 12-10-2006 Downloads: 3,893

FSX Magic One Travel Air. This is a modified installation of Bill and Lynn Lyons' Magic One Travel Air, and distributed as freeware by The Cielo Company with the Lyons' permission. This contains only the Magic One variation, and uses stock FSX gauges to approximate Bill Lyon's original virtual cockpit. By Bill Schulz.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Also this one, like the rain effect landing on the lateral Windows :

https://simviation.com/1/download-fi...ip&fileId=1999
    Grumman Goose G21 Package (Category: FSX > Vintage) Zip file preview
    47.92Mb (18140 downloads)
    Grumman Goose G21 FSX / Acceleration / XP /Tested The Grumman Goose was originally designed to fulfil a most unique role. The Goose was thought to be the perfect method of transport for Manhattan millionaires to fly to Miami. The potential of the Goose was soon recognized to be beyond that of a weekend luxury flyer, and rapidly it became the utility plane of choice for several air services. Because of its amphibious nature, generous interior space, and rugged construction which enabled the Goose to go just about anywhere it was quickly adopted by the Coast Guard as a rescue plane. The 51st G-21 was the second of a lot of four that was ordered by Peru. Manufactured in 1938, Darrell Terry flew it from Boeing Field in Seattle to Juneau, AK in 1974 where it was operated by Southeast Skyways. During 1982 and 1983, N327 appeared on TV as "Cutter's Goose" in ABC's "Tales of the Gold Monkey." It was eventually sold to James Templeton and later to Jim Chrysler who operated Chrysler Air in Washington and N327 was given a blue and yellow paint scheme. By Lynn and Bill Lyons Updated for FSX by the Nor-Cal Prop Club.
    Posted Jan 24, 2009 16:05 by Ted.T

moune.
    Lancool pc-k62 - 2600k 4.2ghz - nh-u12p se2 - MSI p67a-gd80 - MSI gtx580 ocII 1536 - 2* WDvelocy 600gos 6go/s - ram 8gos 1333 - nVidia 3D vision

Hi Roger Tom Answered That a time Ago ...saying....Aug 9, 2016 at 11:01pm Quote

Post by Tom Constantine on Aug 9, 2016 at 11:01pm

Bill retired from FS modeling about the time FSX was released. I haven't been in touch with him lately but he was building r/c models and actively flying them with his son. .......Good News !

Hi Roger Tom Answered That a time Ago ...saying....Aug 9, 2016 at 11:01pm Quote

Post by Tom Constantine on Aug 9, 2016 at 11:01pm

Bill retired from FS modeling about the time FSX was released. I haven't been in touch with him lately but he was building r/c models and actively flying them with his son. .......Good News !
    What I meant Vin, was that if there were any bad news, Tom would let us know.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

I think they just found other interests.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    As I recall, Bill was spending so much time developing that it was making him ill, so for his health's sake Lynn insisted that he move, permanently, away from sims.
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    It has been such a very long time since they left but I seem to remember that it was caused by a riff of some sort. Bill was upset about something (maybe rivet counters, nasty criticism, something to do with a model he either planned on releasing or had released and some backlash related to that). I do know he did not just decide it was time to move on. . .it was more of an "I don't need this crap" kinda decision.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

In Any Event..I can only relate to him for his work,and contributions,I Never Met The Man,But If I Did? I would Sincerely Thank Him For Enriching Me in this Thing called Desk Top Flight sim...

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/conte...-On-Bill-Lyons
    Last edited by napacon; October 22nd, 2017 at 16:26.

As some of you might already know I was a friend of Bill's and, because we lived close to each other, he would visit me and we would work on the computer and toss around ideas for hours at a time (after we had gone to Culvers for a malt of course).

Bill gave up flight sims and took up building very small, super light indoor flying models. We used to go to the Mt Vernon Iowa high school indoor basketball court to fly them with a small group of enthusiast. His small fragile indoor planes were all unique and they all flew like birds with great flight times on a winding. I used to ask him why he didn't do flight sims anymore but never really got and answer.

Those were great times and so Bill, if your still out there, please give us a shout because we all miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    It has been such a very long time since they left but I seem to remember that it was caused by a riff of some sort. Bill was upset about something (maybe rivet counters, nasty criticism, something to do with a model he either planned on releasing or had released and some backlash related to that). I do know he did not just decide it was time to move on. . .it was more of an "I don't need this crap" kinda decision.
    I had a vague memory of it being to do with criticism of his Tripacer, which is alluded to in this thread:
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4...stom-classics/
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I'm another who really enjoyed Life with the Lyons and who still flies their products, especially enjoying Golden Hawaii, the Cub and the Tiger Moth. Every time I see a new release with, say, a swinging ignition key fob it reminds me again of just how much they did for us.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    I had a vague memory of it being to do with criticism of his Tripacer, which is alluded to in this thread:
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4...stom-classics/
    Yes, that's the one. I looked around but couldn't really locate the original threads (not surprising) that facilitated his eventual move away from Flight Sim. Reasons aside though, he was an awesome modeler and Bill always included some terrific eye candy to go along with his creations.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Remembering Lynn And Bill Lyons ..Years of Joy In Aviation They need no eulogy from me or anyone ,their mark is indelible in our Sim World...Miss Them!

Their Stinson Reliant was a real favourite of mine. Beautiful modelling of a truly beautiful, classic aircraft...

N.

Icon2

My FONDEST FS memories are with Lynn & Bill Lyons products...
    They were the reason why I got PayPal!

My favourites were:

"Tales of the Gold Monkey" Grumman Goose and
    Quad City Challenger ultralight.

They were so ahead of their time . So innovative in those days . Enjoyed everything they put out .

Rich

Edit : What was the one where you had to land on top of a mountain ? There was old truck or car running around a track with a little town and a lot of ground structures ??????
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Members who have read this thread: 7