Lynn And Bill Lyons - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lynn And Bill Lyons

Them that can

It seems in my flight sim experience that the "rivet counters" which is a nice way to refer to complainers have more than once caused something like this to happen. My mother taught me that if you can't say something nice don't say any thing at all. Too bad their mothers didn't teach them.

With the limited repaints, scenery, gauges etc. that I have done let it be said with a whole lot of help from folks here, FSDevelopers and VA's I have been associated with, I have nothing but the utmost respect for all the creators that make our hobby great past and present and look to the future for even better things to come. I try at every turn to say thank you to them all whenever a new fs thing comes about.

Icon2

The "Bill and Lynn Lyons" era (true "Golden Age") can never be replaced....

Members +
    I very much agree with what has been said about Bill, Lynn & his add-ons. Yes, a Golden & more gentle time.
    He gave us adventures, not just a plane.
    He is one of the forgotten developers & is missed by many.

Bill's legacy lives on, in many of our Golden & Silver Wings, be it FS9 or FSX.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Obvisouly and unfortunately there remain just a few people using their creations and willing to keep them alive. How times change!

Bernard
    Last edited by leuen; September 17th, 2020 at 03:48.

Quote Originally Posted by leuen View Post
    Obvisouly and unfortunately there remain just a few people using their creations and willing to keep them alive. How times change!

Bernard
    Oh I still use them, Fs9 is alive and well on my computer.
    Mind you, that kid and his model plane in the back seat can be distracting!

Ttfn

Pete

Frankly we here at Golden Age Simulations would not exist today and all these years were it not for Bill and Lynn Lyons.They were the reason I got excited about making old aeroplanes for Fs9 -Fsx.I hope in some small way we pay homage to them both with Our Productions and keep the Spirit Alive!!

What turned my attention to them is that they had a Wittman Tailwind and living in Oshkosh of course I had to have it!. Then I got the Fairchild 24, Piper Tri Pacer (which I've flown for real) Pasped Skylark and the Lear 24. Still want the Quickie and being a fan of the V-173 and XF5U the Stingrey looks interesting. Regarding the Skylark I'm really looking forward to GAS's Aeronca LC sharing hangar space with it! I generally don't buy GA stuff but if you'd find it parked at the vintage barn at EAA my opinion changes!

Josh, the aircraft addons you're describing were made by William "Bill" Ortis (Lionheart Creations).

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Josh, the aircraft addons you're describing were made by William "Bill" Ortis (Lionheart Creations).
    OH! I always thought Lionheart was a play on their last name, Lyons! Thank you for showing me the way! Did Bill and Lynn have payware planes too or just freeware? I wonder if I have any?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    OH! I always thought Lionheart was a play on their last name, Lyons! Thank you for showing me the way! Did Bill and Lynn have payware planes too or just freeware? I wonder if I have any?
    They did do payware, under the Custom Classics banner,
    then these were released as freeware when they retired from the business. They started out in fs98, then progressed thru fs2000,2002 and finally 2004.

Craig Richardson reworked their Luscombe 8A for FSX,
    you can find that at Avsim, (along with the forementioned Travel Air biplane)

Ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    You know the thought just struck me. There are a few developers that really should be recognized for their contribution to our hobby. I am thinking just off the top of my head the Lyons, Lionheart and of course Piglet. Should It be freeware or payware? I don’t know. What sort of recognition should it be? I don’t know.

There are many developers that deserve our thanks and this may be one way to do it. Anyway, just a thought from my screwed up mind.

Members +
    For me, recognition is downloading their add-ons again, to make sure that their legacy lives on.
    A great idea, lets compile a list of memorable developers, then maybe a page about them & their add-ons. If, by any chance, their add-ons have dissappered from the web, let's find them & try keep them safe.

Many, if not all of Bill's FS2002 add-ons work in FS2004, by the way.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

One of my Lyons favorites is his Sino-Swearingen SJ30 - Flying with the Stars payware package, one of his last creations. It ports over to FSX quite nicely and flys well.

I frequently fly his Custom Classics in both Fs9 (Golden Wings) and FSX. Wonderful gems!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sino-Swearingen SJ30.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by llanning08 View Post
    One of my Lyons favorites is his Sino-Swearingen SJ30 - Flying with the Stars payware package, one of his last creations. It ports over to FSX quite nicely and flys well.

I frequently fly his Custom Classics in both Fs9 (Golden Wings) and FSX. Wonderful gems!
    Wow....I never got that one, wonder if its still around somewhere

Ttfn

Pete

"Ito-san's superb Westland Whirlwind now updated for FSX and P3D up to v3. All credits go to him, to William Ortis from Lionheart Creations for his updates and 2nd texture and to Lawdog for his great Peregrine sounds. 2D and VC panel with working gauges (included)"

Thanks to Bill Lyon's updates I was able to convert another great plane to FSX. Thanks Bill, for those many many hours of flightsim-fun you gave me!

hertzie

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Wow....I never got that one, wonder if its still around somewhere

Ttfn

Pete
    I'm also yet to find his Sino-Swearingen SJ30 - Flying with the Stars payware package.
    Any links or any info?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I'm also yet to find his Sino-Swearingen SJ30 - Flying with the Stars payware package.
    Any links or any info?
    IIRC it was sold by a publishing house, under the name of that publishing house.... fsaddon springs to mind....
    or Simmarket

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    I do too. I still fly the Piper Apache. Have it it P3D 4, but the door is missing. It's why I still have P3D 3.4 on my system. The scenery that came with their planes was great too !
    Sue
    I now have the Apache in P3D5, with doors; thanks to a little help from a friend ! Love that plane.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 7