Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post

Update: Repaint working on N708Z Brooks Air is going on. But I am not really happy with it... But I do it!

Thomas
    Hey Thomas,

so glad you take this one up, it's my favorite DC-4 livery! It looks really good, why are you unhappy with it? Keep on the good work and thanks.

Best regards,
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Wonderful!
    Ciao
    Ros

i just noticed its a older pic, as it doesnt have the rego on the side, the finished paint has the rego

Quote Originally Posted by paulopp View Post
    Hey Thomas,

so glad you take this one up, it's my favorite DC-4 livery! It looks really good, why are you unhappy with it? Keep on the good work and thanks.

Best regards,
    Christian
    Christian, yes it is looking great, but engines/wing areas are not really detailed und the overall looking of the basic paint is not finished, than I donīt know how wings above are painted...

Thomas

nice Tom

sorry heres the correct SX-DAG image

Looking good, guys!
    Here's my latest:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

and this one

both now on OZx
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Wow, that's fantastic!

nice Tom

sorry heres the correct SX-DAG image

Sorry Warhorse for the delay, Call of Duty WW2 is somewhat of a distraction and i had to add a few more things

Can't thank you enough Matt for your excellent work!!!

2 new files uploadedSX-DAG
    Download link>
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...rlines-sx-dag/

USAF C-54B 0-17218
    Download link> http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-usaf-0-17218/

Sorry Warhorse for the delay, Call of Duty WW2 is somewhat of a distraction and i had to add a few more things
    No problem. Thanks again for the paints.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

work in progress:

Carvair WIP

It was quite a challenge to find the correct curves for the lines on the nose.
    Currently reworking the anti dazzle panel, as G-ANYB had a slightly different shape.

Cheers,
    Rob

Very nice repaints here.

Another is just uploaded in SOH lib:

This repaint shows Douglas C-54G-DC N708Z of Brooks Fuel of 2015. Was build 1945 and delivered as 45-0614 to United States Army Air Force. In 1958 as 45614 to United States Coast Guard and 1962 with N708Z to US Atomic Energy Commision. In 2004, Brooks Fuel bought this plane and stored it first at Opa-Locka, Florida and later at KDQH Douglas Municipal Airport, Georgia. In 2017 N708Z was repossessed and auctioned as scrap by the City of Douglas. However the initial auction notice required the aircraft be removed by mid-August 2017.

Thomas

Wow! So many great paints for this classic.

I just stumbled across an interesting web page describing the history of a nomad C-54. It was delivered new to the USAF as a C-54B-5-DO on May 30 1944 and went through many hands before being vandalised and scrapped (sadly) at Melton Airfield of all places. I don't remember seeing any trace a few years back when I was taking photos there so I guess it has been completely dismantled now.

http://www.aussieairliners.org/dc-4/vh-inx/vhinx.html

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Didn't quite escape.
    Jankees: Is that the one that Arnie broke, dropping the bouncing bomb? I could probably go and check, if I could find the programme on t'interwebs anywhere...

Ian P.

Never heard of this?
    but I looked it up and yes. I'm not sure if it broke though..

and if you do one, you might as well do two:

or who knows. the whole fleet..

Didn't quite escape.
    Found it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJGY6ao-V9E

If you look at 1:12, you'll see the water splash from the initial impact between the mine and the water hit the tail of the aircraft... It was a classic that happened to aircraft during the development of the real upkeep mine, as well.

My interest was in whether the aircraft was returned to flight after the incident? I presume it was?

Edit: That video - which appears only a tiny bit edited from the original programme - says that the aircraft was "mercifully undamaged" but I understood that they did actually find later that the HStab was, in fact, damaged by the impact.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ive got the following underway

1x US Navy
    1X US Marines
    2x USAF

then thats it for me for a while with DC4/C-54

wow, cool video!
    The aircraft is still flying as far as I know, so I presume it was repaired.
    I hope to tackle the other two Buffalo aircraft (tankers #02 and #58) as well, after that we'll see.
    btw, Mike, do we have a psd file for the tank as well, or do I need to adapt the one that came with the release?

Members who have read this thread: 1