Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Thread: Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Hybrid View

Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Out now on the FR website directly. Looks quite nice! Really looking forward to the Carvair in particular...

http://flight-replicas.com/DC-4_Home.htm
    -Mark

I notice that for P3D v4 a separate download is required. I may be investing in v4, so do I buy the FsX version first and then if and when, repurchase for v4?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I notice that for P3D v4 a separate download is required. I may be investing in v4, so do I buy the FsX version first and then if and when, repurchase for v4?
    Hi Roger. The short answer is 'yes.' However, if the FSX version is installed into Prepar3D v4 it will work, but you will be missing functionality with the Carvair (modern version) and Firefighter models, be missing a few sounds, and will need to do a couple of other things such as backing up some gauges. If you can do without the Firefighter and modern Carvair, there shouldn't be too many problems. Nothing guaranteed, of course, as everything was tested separately.

Mike

Is it actually released Mike? It will let me put it into the cart, but shows a zero cost at the check out point.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Is it actually released Mike? It will let me put it into the cart, but shows a zero cost at the check out point.
    It is indeed released, and sales have been going through, but I did have one other person with a problem as well. Perhaps it's with the company that operates the store (Fastspring)? If it continues, let me know and I'll get in touch with them.

Edit: Just tested PayPal and credit cards, and all appear to be working (from this end, at least). Will keep my eyes open, however.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I am not sure why, but it does not list a cost when put into the cart, and gives an error as a result. I do have a service inquiry into their support as I have never had an issue with fastspring before.

EDIT: Finally sorted, thanks Mike

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    On my list for Thursday. Been waiting too long for this one. Have a few paint ideas if someone does not beat me to it. By then there will probably be a paint kit available.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    On my list for Thursday. Been waiting too long for this one. Have a few paint ideas if someone does not beat me to it. By then there will probably be a paint kit available.
    Thanks for reminding me, Pat. Have to get the paint kit(s) ready. I'll announce when they're available, here and on the Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by mgchrist5 View Post
    Out now on the FR website directly. Looks quite nice! Really looking forward to the Carvair in particular...

http://flight-replicas.com/DC-4_Home.htm
    Can somebody please verify if this model has window reflections or a subtle opacity of windshields in the virtual cockpitc ? Checked a lot of screenshots but i am still not sure. Thank you and kind regards, Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Wonderful!
    Ciao
    Ros

i just noticed its a older pic, as it doesnt have the rego on the side, the finished paint has the rego

Members who have read this thread: 2