Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released
Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Out now on the FR website directly. Looks quite nice! Really looking forward to the Carvair in particular...

http://flight-replicas.com/DC-4_Home.htm
    -Mark

I notice that for P3D v4 a separate download is required. I may be investing in v4, so do I buy the FsX version first and then if and when, repurchase for v4?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I notice that for P3D v4 a separate download is required. I may be investing in v4, so do I buy the FsX version first and then if and when, repurchase for v4?
    Hi Roger. The short answer is 'yes.' However, if the FSX version is installed into Prepar3D v4 it will work, but you will be missing functionality with the Carvair (modern version) and Firefighter models, be missing a few sounds, and will need to do a couple of other things such as backing up some gauges. If you can do without the Firefighter and modern Carvair, there shouldn't be too many problems. Nothing guaranteed, of course, as everything was tested separately.

Mike

Is it actually released Mike? It will let me put it into the cart, but shows a zero cost at the check out point.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Is it actually released Mike? It will let me put it into the cart, but shows a zero cost at the check out point.
    It is indeed released, and sales have been going through, but I did have one other person with a problem as well. Perhaps it's with the company that operates the store (Fastspring)? If it continues, let me know and I'll get in touch with them.

Edit: Just tested PayPal and credit cards, and all appear to be working (from this end, at least). Will keep my eyes open, however.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I am not sure why, but it does not list a cost when put into the cart, and gives an error as a result. I do have a service inquiry into their support as I have never had an issue with fastspring before.

EDIT: Finally sorted, thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Thanks Mike, I am not sure why, but it does not list a cost when put into the cart, and gives an error as a result. I do have a service inquiry into their support as I have never had an issue with fastspring before.
    Same for me too, Mike. Used two different browsers and different pay methods. No joy. Ordering the P3D V4 if that makes a difference on the issue.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post
    Same for me too, Mike. Used two different browsers and different pay methods. No joy. Ordering the P3D V4 if that makes a difference on the issue.

steve
    Thanks, Steve. We'll have to see what FastSpring has to say. I've been through the setup from this end and all seems in order. I just went through a simulated order for both packages, twice, the first time all went well, and the second it was the FSX version that returned a $0.00. And as mentioned, some orders from others are going through without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by pbearsailor View Post

steve

Just got my order to go through with paypal, I think it's FastSpring having some issues.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    On my list for Thursday. Been waiting too long for this one. Have a few paint ideas if someone does not beat me to it. By then there will probably be a paint kit available.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Finally got it to work. The quantity had to be reset a couple of times to get it to work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    On my list for Thursday. Been waiting too long for this one. Have a few paint ideas if someone does not beat me to it. By then there will probably be a paint kit available.
    Thanks for reminding me, Pat. Have to get the paint kit(s) ready. I'll announce when they're available, here and on the Facebook page.

Thank you Mike (and Bernt) for bringing such detailed and accurate reproductions of the DC-4/C-54 line of aircraft to FSX/P3D!

Here's an early morning capture before leaving Minneapolis.

Last edited by Bomber_12th; October 21st, 2017 at 18:06.

SOH-CM-2020
    Great news on it's release

But it converts to about NZ$62 , so unfortunately it will have to wait a while before I purchase it.

Pete.

I will have to wait as well.The
    Australian dollar is worth less than
    the Mongolian Yak.

Does the Carvair come with an Aer Lingus
    Texture ?

Anthin.

Mike,

again you have 110% direct access to my bank account without the wifes permission

thank you, again you have produced another winner
    Last edited by jeansy; October 22nd, 2017 at 02:44.

This one was worth the wait. It is a great rendition of this aeroplane. The level of detail and the texture quality, inside and out is simply outstanding. All my previous versions (good as they were) have now been honourably retired. I can find no faults with this model. It performs and handles like a DC-4, the systems all work, switches etc all do what they should and after many many hours in the JBK DC-4 this one fitted like a glove. I give it 10 out of 10. I wish to acknowledge the excellence of the modelling work, the textures, the coding and the way it all comes together in a simple first class package. It installed flawlessly into FSXA. The choices of variants from the DC-4, C-54 and the Carvair is simply astonishing, each as good as the other. For the money it is unbelievably good value.

To the creator a big thank you for your work. I can see many many hours of sim pleasure with the definitive FSX DC-4/C-54.

I have already spent a good half hour doing just circuits in this, enjoyed every minute of it.

If your a piston engine affecianado, heaven on a stick. I will let you all find out how good the VC is from the Captain, to Co-pilot, Radio Operator and Navigator positions and equipment all beautifully created and present.

The Australian National Airlines DC -4 at Avalon Victoria.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_2017-10-22_20-2-11-249.jpg   tn_2017-10-22_20-20-41-832.jpg  

Awesome news! That's really freaky. I hadn't heard any news of this but I was just wondering about this aircraft and it's release about an hour ago.

Thanks Mike for your great efforts. I am so happy to see so many variants included, especially the Carvair. That was a great surprise.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I like it!

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

I've got it and love it. I'll post some screenies later
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Cool Keeper

Got it download did first flight, Its a keeper.

As always, I am super impressed with the level of accuracy and attention to detail of Flight Replicas aircraft, down to the numerous production and post-production differences throughout the aircraft from one variant to another. If you jump back and forth between just the C-54A and B alone, there are all kinds of differences throughout the exteriors and cockpits, down to differences between early and late style instruments, instrument layouts, switches, radios/antennas and even the oxygen regulators are different, with the early and later styles - not to mention jumping back and forth between the original production-era examples and the post-production/more modern era examples, with all of the differences in layouts, hardware, paint finishes, upholstery, etc. In particular, I really like the overhead windows added in the water bomber variant, which are great when it comes to making tight high-banking turns. The detail in the engines is also incredible, as is how the entire forward cabin is modeled/textured in such great detail (and accuracy), including the navigator and radio operator stations. At one time, I could never have imagined having such detailed and complete versions of these aircraft for flight sim - it is fantastic!

Some repaint ideas when the paintkit becomes available - the Blue Angels R5D 50868 from the 1960's, and the Berlin Airlift Historical Foundation's restored/currently flying C-54 "Spirit of Freedom" (after its most recent refinish/repaint).

Some shots of the Navy R5D variant:

Download has just finished, gotta go now, lot's of flying to do

It is a wonderful Flyer.... Tip of the Hat to Flight Replicas!!

Members who have read this thread: 1