Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

The Danish AF flew some smart looking C-54s as well, maybe one of you metal texture experts can take a look :-)

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

WIP!
    I have to do some final things, this repaint is not really easy to do. But repainting seems to works well with the model.

Thomas

wow, that's a funny paintjob!

meanwhile, mine are nearly done, hope to upload tomorrow.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Wow! Nicely done

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Wow! Nicely done
    thank you, im still playing around with the textures, its more of a WIP at the mo

more work in progress:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

That looks very sharp! I need to get this package this weekend :-)

Any chance for a Vietnam war HC-54 (SC-54)? Some very good colorfilm on youtube if you search for "udorn rescue 1965" which can be used for reference.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Almost finished a bare metal one as as a study for my repaints.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2017-nov-3-001.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    more work in progress:

Thanks you for doing these repaints! I am especially looking forward to this one. My first flight on an airplane was on a C-54 painted similar to this one from Elmendorf AFB, Alaska to McChord AFB, Washington in September 1953. The airplane was configured for air evac and we sat on side-facing web seats. After takeoff the pilots invited me up to the cockpit--very exciting for a 9 year old! Keep up the good work.

Looks great but technically I don't think the carvair is considered a DC-5.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

your right its a c54, however fat fingers when i was typing and i didnt notice it

next one, WIP

Done

now onto 2 Hellenic DC-4s

Looking great Matt! Thanks for the Bristol Freighter lookalike. There was one of those at Point Cook at one stage, as it was in the PR when I was doing that scenery. Maybe you remember how I asked you to "make" me one.

All the paints are looking great.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

My first for this marvellous package;
    C-54D "618" of the Royal Danish Air Force, 1970s. Currently just the fuselage which has been painted. The font for both the RDAF and number had to be hand made as I did not find any stock fonts for them.

Scrshot616 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

Scrshot614 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

Scrshot613 by Jens-Ole Kjølberg, on Flickr

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

For Dimus and his fantastic scenery

AND

Thats it for the Greek schemes

onto something else

For Dimus and his fantastic scenery

AND

Thats it for the Greek schemes

onto something else

Great!! May be you can create the same for the C-47?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Just upload it here on library...

This repaint shows ATL Carvair 9J-PAA of Phoebus Apollo of the year 2005. Was Douglas C-54E c/n 27314, ex JA6015, N88881, 44-9088. Converted to ATL-98 VH-INM c/n 27314/21. First flight in Southend as Carvair No.21 in 1968, was the final Carvair built. Became VH-INM of Ansett Transport Industries. In 1990 registered as N5459M for Air Cargo Hawaii, trading as Hawaii Pacific Air Inc, Honolulu. In 2002 Phoebus Apollo purchased this bird, registered 9J-PAA by Phoebus Apollo Aviation Zambia, Lusaka. Entered freight service between Johannesburg and Lusaka, delivering Exclusive cigarettes and carrying general cargo.

On 25.6.05 this Carvair was ferried from Johannesburg-Jan Smuts to Johannesburg-Rand. Probably its last flight. 9J-PAA still parked at Rand, reported that owner plans to make it airworthy. It was 2011. Until today in 2017, 9J-PAA is parked in Johannesburg-Rand with that funny scheme.

Mark, texture mapping on Carvair models are working well. In my opinion, no need to put a further hand on it. Wainting for your update with workin front cargo door in exterior models.

Thomas

The first creation of a paint project which will include various liveries of CAB, BUAF and BAF.

British United Air Ferries G-ASKG 1974
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails #ATL.98 BUAF G-ASKG 1974.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Just upload it here on library...

This repaint shows ATL Carvair 9J-PAA of Phoebus Apollo of the year 2005. Was Douglas C-54E c/n 27314, ex JA6015, N88881, 44-9088. Converted to ATL-98 VH-INM c/n 27314/21. First flight in Southend as Carvair No.21 in 1968, was the final Carvair built. Became VH-INM of Ansett Transport Industries. In 1990 registered as N5459M for Air Cargo Hawaii, trading as Hawaii Pacific Air Inc, Honolulu. In 2002 Phoebus Apollo purchased this bird, registered 9J-PAA by Phoebus Apollo Aviation Zambia, Lusaka. Entered freight service between Johannesburg and Lusaka, delivering Exclusive cigarettes and carrying general cargo.

On 25.6.05 this Carvair was ferried from Johannesburg-Jan Smuts to Johannesburg-Rand. Probably its last flight. 9J-PAA still parked at Rand, reported that owner plans to make it airworthy. It was 2011. Until today in 2017, 9J-PAA is parked in Johannesburg-Rand with that funny scheme.

Mark, texture mapping on Carvair models are working well. In my opinion, no need to put a further hand on it. Wainting for your update with workin front cargo door in exterior models.

Thomas

Beautiful work Thomas!. Now that is a unique paint job. Nice!

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Meridien View Post
    Great!! May be you can create the same for the C-47?
    I can but no time frame at this stage

Lovely Danish paints Jens-Ole!

They give me a great urge to replace my beloved JBK model (that I modified for P3DV4 myself ...).
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Members who have read this thread: 2