Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Hello,

is there any chance to get this very nice plane to other shops like simmarket, or justflight or something like that ?

Thanks
    Klaus
    The DC-4 will be uploaded to the third-party vendors in a week or so. The aircraft are available only at Flight Replicas for the first week or two in case changes need to be made.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Tonight I was able to have my first look at this wonderful aircraft and install the repaints so far provided. I thought that Mike had excelled with the North Star but he has really nailed it with this model. I was impressed that both an Ansett Carvair and the ANA DC-4 had also been included. One aircraft however one aircraft that was conspicuous by its absence was the Ice Pilots Buffalo DC-4. I am not complaining as I know that some repainter will produce a repaint.

To help you out: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=b...w=1523&bih=754. Looking through that page I did not realise just how many schemes Buffalo had used.

Indeed Pat. I would love to see some Buffalo paints too. I'm sure it won't be too long before someone has a crack at a few of them. We now have really great quality payware aircraft covering almost the entire Buffalo fleet (as far as I can tell). I don't think there is an Electra yet (could be wrong) although there is pretty good freeware of that aircraft available.

I notice there are a few different schemes for the DC-4 cargo and tanker aircraft too.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Agree! An L-188 Electra would be wonderful. The KBT one is nice, but getting long in the tooth.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

and I started work on this one
    jankees- Great to see the Transocean in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by jt_dub View Post
    I have really been looking forward to this one. Had my first test flight last night. Fabulous.

I would really like to see the USAF livery shown in this 1956 youtube clip of C-54 landing in Japan. That is the same time that my dad was flying them into Tachikawa AFB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ctuj5zdRDE
    Perhaps I have one for you, Jeff.

Finished "Sacred Cow" Truman´s ara.

WIP VC-54D USAF 42-72622 of 1958 - FEAF.

A legend: Air America´s N12191, also WIP.

Thomas

Nice, TiAr..

Looking forward to these for sure.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH-CM-2017

Icon26

Thanks Thomas

I am delighted to see that you have taken up my request. Really looking forward to VC-54D USAF 42-72622 of 1958 - FEAF
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Couple of small issues - I am getting a MP difference on the No 2 engine only of the Firebomber model, in the order of about 4-6" higher than the other engines, it does adjust back using the pedestal throttle control, found this at all power settings, not sure is this a built in quirk for authenticity or something else. I find the cowl flap levers a little sticky using the mouse but fine if the keyboard. I note that the main and standby radio frequencies cannot be tuned in advance except via the pop up, not a problem though. No other issues across the range of variants which is excellent. Still have not tried the Carvair yet.

I do get a little phasing on the sound, so the ambient or air noise mixes with the engine tones at speed and high rpm in the VC mode but outside view the sounds are great. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by jt_dub View Post
    Thanks Thomas

I am delighted to see that you have taken up my request. Really looking forward to VC-54D USAF 42-72622 of 1958 - FEAF
    I second that request . I too Thomas am anxiously awaiting these .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    For those interested and use Plan-G for their flights I have cobbled together a rough profile based on an aircraft weighing between 55000 and 60000 pounds.

Attached Files Attached Files

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hiya,

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    I do get a little phasing on the sound, so the ambient or air noise mixes with the engine tones at speed and high rpm in the VC mode but outside view the sounds are great. FWIW.
    Also noticed this (sounds like a FS2004 soundset in FSX), to be honest the sound is a bit disappointing (okey, very spoiled by the A2A and the C-47).

For the rest very very happy with the big choice of models and VC's. Just discovered that even the Carvair has 2 different VC and even more model files!!

Regards,

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hiya,
    Also noticed this (sounds like a FS2004 soundset in FSX), to be honest the sound is a bit disappointing (okey, very spoiled by the A2A and the C-47).
    For the rest very very happy with the big choice of models and VC's. Just discovered that even the Carvair has 2 different VC and even more model files!!
    Regards,
    Marcel
    Those different sounds may (may!) be because of something we tried. As you may know, Bernt has many hundreds of hours in 4-prop aircraft, and to him the default VC prop sounds in FSX at high RPM's were always incorrect as per real life - in every FSX aircraft he's ever tried - specifically regarding when the props were adjusted. Some sounds should not diminish. We came up with this, which is supposedly as accurate as sound.cfg's will allow. However, if you are unhappy with this, it's easy take it out (I think) - just remove every .wav file that ends with a - (DC4_rpm03-2.wav, for example). There are 2 of these sound files per engine. This shouldn't effect anything else.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Those different sounds may (may!) be because of something we tried. As you may know, Bernt has many hundreds of hours in 4-prop aircraft, and to him the default VC prop sounds in FSX at high RPM's were always incorrect as per real life - in every FSX aircraft he's ever tried - specifically regarding when the props were adjusted. Some sounds should not diminish. We came up with this, which is supposedly as accurate as sound.cfg's will allow. However, if you are unhappy with this, it's easy take it out (I think) - just remove every .wav file that ends with a - (DC4_rpm03-2.wav, for example). There are 2 of these sound files per engine. This shouldn't effect anything else.Mike
    Mike will give this a go see what the change is like. This is the trouble with sounds its like graphics and fps, there is a variety of difference between us humans both in the way we perceive sound, colour and motion, so what is ok to one is not ok to the other. I am in the Bernt camp I have spent a lot of time in real multi-engined pistons, some where the cockpit noise level reached 150db, as a result my ears are permanently damaged (industrial deafness) so I may not be hearing what Bernt or yourself hear in exactly the same way. Thanks for the response.

Just uploaded to library...

President Roosevelt (Yalta Conference sheme 1945)

President Truman (sheme 1948)

Thomas

Absolutely love the repaints, Thomas, I will be on the lookout for them!

Here are a few screenshots from a recent flight with one of the product schemes.

TiAr - nice work, a honour to have the former Presidential aircraft in my hangar on such a great model. FWIW this completes my AirForce One or Presidential aircraft collection from the DC-4 right through to the 747, and includes the AC560 used by Eisenhower, so I am grateful and thanks a lot, good work. Do I have a favourite, no, they were all great aircraft for their time, but the DC-4, Constellation and early 707 do have special place.

Eric Joiner's beautiful Brooks Air Fuel C-54G for JBK qualifies for an update for the FR DC-4, don't you think?

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=59618896

I am seriously considering buying this beauty but quite honestly am holding off waiting to see if one of our talented painters does this attractive Eastern Airlines paint. So if anyone is willing to give us South Florida folks a treat we would really appreciate it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4991843_orig.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	55274

scheme based of the bristol freighter

Matt, nice looking Carvair.

Quote Originally Posted by paulopp View Post
    Eric Joiner's beautiful Brooks Air Fuel C-54G for JBK qualifies for an update for the FR DC-4, don't you think?

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib...rchid=59618896
    The Brooks Air Fuel N708Z could be nice for me.

There is a current information of this nice looking Skymaster out. Kevin Porter wrote on Jetphotos.com in August 2017: "Recently repossessed and auctioned as scrap by the City of Douglas. No word on the buyer, however the initial auction notice required the aircraft be removed by mid-August 2017." Source: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8678356

Any updates around?

Thomas

Just uploaded one more:

This repaint shows DC-4-1009 ZU-ILI c/n 42984 in historical Swissair livery in 1997. Delivered 1946 to South African Airways as ZS-AUB, this bird was used later for South African Government as 6905. In summer of 1997 Swissair short leased this a/c from SAA-Historic flight to celebrate the anniversary of Swissairs 50 years transatlantic flights with sightseeing flights all over Europe. In that time ZS-AUB got new registration as ZU-ILI and temporally HB-ILI.

The first Swissair DC-4 flight to New York was routed from Geneva via Shannon, Ireland, and Stephenville, Newfoundland, on May 2, 1947, although it actually ended in Washington, D.C., due to fog at New York's La Guardia Airport. The total elapsed time was 20 hours and 55 minutes. Now 20 years later you can celebrate the anniversary of Swissairs 50 years transatlantic flight again.

Real ZU-ILI had a bigger radar nose, so R5D model is the best choice to use this repaint.

Flight Replicas default one - you will see the differences.

WIP Carvair of Phoebus Apollo 9J-PAA repaint - it will be nice, too.

Jumping in to congratulate with Mike for the great work and to ask if anyone has this issue with the Carvair: if you press Shift+E to open doors, you see the nose door open when in the cockpit, but in outside view it is closed?

staying in Oz:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 1