Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas Douglas DC-4/C-54/Carvair Released

SOH-CM-2017
    I have really been looking forward to this one. Had my first test flight last night. Fabulous.

I would really like to see the USAF livery shown in this 1956 youtube clip of C-54 landing in Japan. That is the same time that my dad was flying them into Tachikawa AFB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ctuj5zdRDE
    Jeff
    "Providence Permittin"

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

what more can we want

MJ's C47
    PMDG DC6
    A2A Connie
    and now Mikes DC4/Carvair

we are getting spoiled alright
    Exactly, in the space of a year we have gone so far with release of really high quality renditions of classic aeroplanes. It is a very impressive list from my humble view point. Somebody been reading my bucket list?

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    well there you go, Ive only looked closely at 2 schemes ANA dc4 and Ansett Carvair in the 30min window i had lastnight to install and have a quick look

what more can we want

MJ's C47
    PMDG DC6
    A2A Connie
    and now Mikes DC4/Carvair

we are getting spoiled alright
    And for those not so flush with funds:

JF/AH DC-6
    JF/AH Connie from the L749 through to the L1049 Super Constellation.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I would love to see a 1947 Eastern Airlines paint scheme for this excellent DC-4.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9085224_orig.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	55069

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

JF/AH DC-6
    you cant compare those 2 to anything in that list, they are not even close to that league

Thanks mike for the paint kit

Hope we see a Transocean paint at some point. They will fly anything anywhere!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moses03 View Post
    hope we see a transocean paint at some point. They will fly anything anywhere!

yes sirrreeeeee!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

JF/AH DC-6
    I agree with that!

but in the mean time we have a very nice C-54!
    Final version of the Dutch bird:

downloadable here and I started on Qantas:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Nicely done Jankees.

I think we are all looking forward to our many very talented artists here at SOH showing off their skills in the days ahead .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Hope we see a Transocean paint at some point. They will fly anything anywhere!

Yes they were a fascinating outfit ran all over the globe in lots of different aeroplanes, very strong in the Pacific-Asia region. Done in by other vested interests not keen on competition in the US and elsewhere.

Apart from the paints to come (and hoped for) after a couple of days of exploration I am astonished by the variety of the model types that came as standard with this package, something for everyone, literally. Think Mike has set a gold standard here too. I think I am most impressed by how frame friendly this one is, compared to some more recent single engine types, this one runs as smooth as butter on my low end system.

One question, are weather radars capable of being integrated into a couple of these ?, I note the displays there, and that it could be done with the North Star.

This is on my get list! In visiting the website I see they ALSO have a Canadair Northstar! Also now on the get list!

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I would love to see a 1947 Eastern Airlines paint scheme for this excellent DC-4.

A very good year . The year I was born . It's also one of my favorite Eastern paint schemes . Hopefully we'll see this one day .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

With the release of the Carvair memories come back. About 50 years ago it was a very familiair sound when the Carvairs departed over the city of Delft near Rotterdam, heading for Southend.
    Already made several trips over the Northsea and Channel with this new superb product. (thanks Mike ) Even on my (very)old system from 2008 -win 7-32 - NVIDA GeForce 8800 GT it runs smooth.

Just started to play with the paint kit... below a first result, which still need some adjustments in the alpha layer.
    The logo I have made some years ago, initially for the FS2004 Jens Kristensen Carvair in progress, which was never released.

G-AREK 1974

Cheers,

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg  
    Last edited by Rokl57; October 25th, 2017 at 02:49.

hey, another one from Delft!
    Welcome to the forum, and a nice paint too!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Thanks, Jan Kees

This re-paint is still in progress.....
    It is merely a colour replacement of the stock G-AOFW file but have to change window arrangement, bump and spec files and alpha's as well.
    This will take some time, but when finished i'll try to upload the files.

An easy one to re-paint...
    The stock G-AOFW in 1975 livery, with the Star Truckin 75 cartoon when BTM productions leased this A/C for touring rock groups in Europe.

cheers,
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2017-oct-25-002.jpg  
    Last edited by Rokl57; October 25th, 2017 at 02:50.

Aussie paint request

I'm having a few problems with my eyes at the moment Need new glasses) and can't spend much time painting this wonderful aircraft. Airlines of NSW had one DC-4, VH-INJ also known as "Big Julie" (information given to me by a friend who flew DC-3s and F-27s for ANSW). Also of note is the Royal Mail emblem is in the blue band aft of the passenger door.

Below are a few photos of INJ.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails answ_dc4_vhinj.jpg   DC-4 VH-INJ Coffs Harbour 1963.jpg   DC-4 VH-INJ Sydney.jpg   DC-4 VH-INJ Wagga August 1964.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Start a "Berlin Airlift" - Painting ...... it is so much fun to fly and paint this beauty. Mike, you did a very, very fine job on the DC-4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails enb2017_10_26_14_36_31_75.jpg  

I just uploaded these two on OZx:

and I started work on this one:

I love flying the Carvair in P3D! Excellent support from Flight Replicas too regarding a gauge issue I had!

Examples of potential liveries for repainters:

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/1348/pics/5479_1.jpg

http://aviationtraderscarvair.com/xcar-n55243.jpg

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/1348/pics/5480_1.jpg

http://aviationtraderscarvair.com/xcar-n80fa.jpg

http://aviationtraderscarvair.com/xcar-n103.jpg

Also for the repainters, here's a very good listing of profile views of a wide variety of operators of the Carvair. Hope we see some liveries for this unique aircraft!

http://aviationtraderscarvair.com/xsections.htm

Tonight I was able to have my first look at this wonderful aircraft and install the repaints so far provided. I thought that Mike had excelled with the North Star but he has really nailed it with this model. I was impressed that both an Ansett Carvair and the ANA DC-4 had also been included. One aircraft however one aircraft that was conspicuous by its absence was the Ice Pilots Buffalo DC-4. I am not complaining as I know that some repainter will produce a repaint.

To help you out: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=b...w=1523&bih=754. Looking through that page I did not realise just how many schemes Buffalo had used.

ANA aircraft VH-ANA that is included in the package was tragically lost on the 26th of June 1950 when it crashed on the property "Betty Bow" 19km NW of York, Western Australia. It was on a flight from Perth's Guildford airport to Adelaide with the loss of 29 lives, 24 passengers and five crew. More details can be found here: http://www.aussieairliners.org/dc-4/...hanacrash.html

Cheers
    Pat

Hello,

is there any chance to get this very nice plane to other shops like simmarket, or justflight or something like that ?

Thanks
    Klaus

Members who have read this thread: 1