B-50 Teasers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B-50 Teasers

B-50 Teasers

This is a preview of the combined B-50/C-97 AI pack to be released soon here. The models included are all HD, using 2048-sized textures. They have self-steering nosewheels, custom sounds (by Tufun), operative flaps, cowl flaps, and some ground equipment.

Also part of the package, an AI Follow-Me (to replace the default fuel truck).

And here is a view from the makeshift VC of the flyable model, to be released at a slightly later date.

The C-97 was awesome so a B-50 is awaited with much whimpering and dribbling!!!

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Two engines too many for me to handle, but I will say one thing... WOW! They look magnificent!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Fantastic! Can't wait to get her in the air.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

As I have very limited talents as virtual pilot 4 engines will most probably be too much for me to handle . But I definitely like the looks of these huge beasts and I can assure you I will try to fly them!

Thanks for doing them Manfred!

Huub

You're a rotten tease, Manfred.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

That's a lot of metal.... My elbows hurt thinking about it.,
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Great stuff! Thanks a lot Manfred
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I'll be signing up for this magnificent specimen. Thank you Sir!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

I'm in. I sold before I ever saw the Jeep. That sealed the deal

Will the Jeep be driveable for those of us who use ground vehicles to explore scenery?
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

One of those " Must Haves " ! Thanks Manfred . The quality looks excellent as it always is from you . Looking forward to it .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

YES!! The aux tanks and pylons really look good on the B-50! Will a KB-50 also be in the pack as with the C-97?

And this follow me looks so GOOD!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    YES!! The aux tanks and pylons really look good on the B-50! Will a KB-50 also be in the pack as with the C-97?
    +1 for a KB-50J Please.

Sweet! What an awesome aircraft...
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Will definitely be on the lookout for this one. A long-awaited addition to the 1950s hangar. Have you thought of any variants like RB-50, KB-50, EB-50, or air sampling types with the dorsal air scoop?

I'll definitely throw my name in the hat for this one! Great looking aircraft, Manfred!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Where's the drool emoticon??

rhaaa, lovely!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

KB-50 and WB-50 please...

Also very nice KC-97, will it be along the lines of your flyable C, E, H and KC-97 aircraft?

Wonderful work Manfred, thanks for you work.

-Larry
    USAFVET
    12 year USAF veteran , Air Trans
    "Life is like herding cats through a fish market".

There was a squadron of RB-50 at Turner AFB, Albany Ga. I was there from 1961 to 1965. My roommate was a radio operator on them. They were us for aerial mapping.

Dick

Happened to take these at a car show... weather version B-50.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Hi guys, sorry for not replying sooner, had some RL stuff to attend to.

Thanks for the various pointers and suggestions. I'll reply to some here.

No, it won't be difficult to fly at all. We are using a modified version of Wayne Tudor's C-97 FD and Tufun's C-97 soundset. If you have P3D you can start an engine in exterior view by clicking and holding on the spinner. If you are able to lock on to an ILS she will just go ahead and land on her own. Of course, there are ways of making things more difficult, but not if you don't want to.

The AI C-97's and B-50's have all the detail of the flyable versions, so it's probably a good idea not to park too many of them on a HD airport.

Sorry, the Follow-Me will not come as a driveable version, but it will be easy to paint it as yellow, green, blue, or pink if desired, instead of grey. If I get things right, I may throw in a crew bus like this one.

As for the B-50, initially there will be an A and a D version (different noses), both with and without long range tanks. Later there will be versions without turrets and guns. Not sure yet about a KB-50.

Hopefully I can get my act together and release both packages soon. Will keep you posted.

Thanks Ted for the detail pics. Didn't know the Castle AFB exhibit was called Flight of the Phoenix!!

my photo from my trip to castle afb base

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    my photo from my trip to castle afb base

Isn't that a B-29, rather than a B-50 ?

Members who have read this thread: 0