B-50 Teasers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B-50 Teasers

The B-29 is parked next to the B-50 and across the way is a KC-97.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Wow, talk about taking a step and walking thru history!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Some really great avatars here

LouP

These look fabulous, Manfred and team !
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

To get back on p.1, here is an RB-50G 'project Haystack' livery from the mid-fifties. Dangerous cold-war mission were flown by these.

That's an awesome screenshot, Manfred!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Looks great, Manfred! I want one!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

That is looking amazing. I'm definitely looking forward to this release.

I'm wondering if the Virtavia B-29 cockpit can be ported into this.

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I am sure many of Virtavia's B-29 customers would love that, I am one of them myself. One or two changes would need to be made (revised wingviews, for instance) but naturally I won't do anything behind their back.

Awesome work! The story of cold war recon crews needs to be told. "By any means necessary" is a great book that covers the RB-29/RB-50 era.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

I am afraid we have run into some problems with the AI project and it had to be put on hold. However, we are in the process of putting the finishing touches on the release of the flyable version. Here is an excerpt from the Readme:

FSX/P3D Boeing B-50 V.1

The Boeing B-50 Superfortress was a post-WWII derivative of the B-29 Superfortress. It had a larger tail fin and more powerful 3,500 h.p. Pratt & Whitney Wasp Major engines. Significantly faster than its predecessor, it could carry more payload at higher (35,000+) altitudes. In the simulator you can fly the aircraft either as an 'A' type (using a B-29 type glass cone) or as a 'D' (and later) type, both with or without long-range tanks. Three liveries are provided for the exterior model, while the interior model, in this version, is provisional only. Gun turrets are moveable either from the Shift-4 'Monitor' panel or, in P3D, by mouse-clicks. Created by 'Team 50' -- models and Monitor gauge by Manfred Jahn, soundset by Ted Wolfgang, and general testing and tweaking by Marc Roth. Our flight dynamics envelope is largely based on the C-97 design created by Wayne Tudor (RIP).

Even though only one model file is included, you can access four variants and freely assign any of the liveries in the aircraft.cfg. If the title= line contains the string "(A)", the model will display the A type nose, if there is a "(D)" the plane will have the D type nose, and if you specify "(ALR)" or "(DLR)" the plane will additionally be fitted with long-range tanks. If the title line contains no version specifics, the model will have the A type nose and no long-range tanks.

Minimum system-requirement is FSX SP2, P3D V3 tested and recommended. Some small issues aside, the plane is flyable in P3D V4, too.

P3D only functions.

Several click spots have been activated for Spot View mouse actions:

-- nose wheels: show/hide ground equipment (GPU).
    -- cockpit windows: open/close Monitor window
    -- upper cowl flap: R open, L close cowls incrementally
    -- flaps: R increase, L decrease incrementally
    -- turrets: L turn left, R turn right, Mid = swivel up/down
    -- belly radar: open/close bomb bay doors
    -- any spinner (hold, then release): start engine

EXTRAS

Folder "Extras" in the zip contains a Follow Me Jeep and a Crew Bus carrying the MATS logo and lettering. They are intended to be used as ground vehicles, running around as airfield AI traffic.

Do animations provide for the B-50's folding vertical stabilizer (to clear existing SAC hangers)?

Fabulous work Manfred! I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help with the Virtavia VC issue. But for those who own the Virtavia B-29 it should be possible to alias the VC to your B-50. I am sure one of our experts will step forward with instructions on how that can be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help with the Virtavia VC issue. But for those who own the Virtavia B-29 it should be possible to alias the VC to your B-50. I am sure one of our experts will step forward with instructions on how that can be achieved.
    Thanks Mitch, hope you won't be disappointed.

llanning08
    Do animations provide for the B-50's folding vertical stabilizer (to clear existing SAC hangers)?
    Sorry, later maybe. Do we have an existing SAC hangar?

Really looking forward to this, and very many thanks to all the team. One question - will there be a paint kit?? The one with the C-97 was brilliant.

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Virtavia b29 vc

Tested using the b29 vc for Manfred's c-97. It works fine and is easy to do. Of course you have to own the b-29 first.
    BUD

No worries Manfred. I am sure this beauty will be worth the wait.

BUDSCH, excellent news on the B-29 VC.

After reading about the Virtavia B-29 VC being patched into this project I finally broke down and got it. I was actually impressed by it, no need to spend the extra on the P3D version, the FSX version works fine in V4, and with PCAviators perpetual 50% off sale the price is much more favorable.

I also pulled out V3 of the C-97 and few it around for a while, also another gem, not sure if I even need to patch in the Virtavia VC into it. I had been missing the A2A B377 in P3D but with Manfreds C-97, I won't miss it too much.

Very much looking forward to the B-50 package.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I think the B-29's VC is the best single piece of modelling that Alphasim/Virtavia has ever done. Mate it up to a B-50 by Manfred Jahn, and you really will have a slice of aeroplane heaven.

) I'll see that I can get it uploaded on Sunday here at SOH. Will open a new thread then.

Paintkit a few days later.

Thank you, Manfred. Very much looking forward to it.

Hi Manfred,

Is the AI package on the shelf for the long term - or is there hope that it can be resurrected shortly? The B-50 had a good number of stateside USAF bases, as well as the USAFE ones that it deployed to. An AI set with it and the C-97 tankers would really create the perfect background.

Thanks for all that you have done,

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0