Blackburn Roc

Thread: Blackburn Roc

Blackburn Roc

I know this has been raised before, but try as I might I can't find a DP for Jeff Marsh's Blackburn Roc. Is there one available? Many thanks.

I'm convinced it was originally released by Jeff Marsch as CFS2 model, so I assume there must be a version with a dp file.

When I'm correct I must have the original file still somewhere hidden on a dutsy CD. I will check this evening.

Cheers,
    Huub

I know of Buddha13/ JD's conversion. Is this the one you are referring to?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=50&id=14179

It's the former donationware.

I might have been wrong as I haven't been able to find the Roc on any of my CFS2 back-up disks

The conversion mentioned above is for the Skua from which the Roc was derived, but its quite a different aircraft.

Sorry,
    Huub

Thanks for the replies and the search guys. I did have a look in the donationware section of the library but didn't see a conversion to cfs2. I'll use the dropbox to download the Roc. Thanks DV!

Oops...just realised that the plane mentioned is the Skua. Appreciate the efforts guys.

Icon22 Reply...

Ravenna,

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner! I have the Blackburn Roc...are you looking for this?

Huub....it's in the Donationware section for FS9, but I have a converted version for CFS2 with a modified .dp file...I suppose there's no qualms at this point about uploading it publicly?
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Icon22 Blackburn Roc CFS2 conversion.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - British

This is a conversion of the FS9 ex-Donationware Blackburn Roc for CFS2.

The .dp file modification included is by Rami and possibly UncleTgt or JDTinballs (with the exhaust effect removed) and the CFS2 panel modifications are included.

Any other credit for the work done on this has long since left my memory, but if said parties come forward, credit will be given.

Any modifications or tweaks at this point are welcome; just make sure this readme is included with your mods.

Groundcrew's British weapons are required. Sounds are aliased to the ubiquitous "Zero."

Enjoy!

"Rami"

Original readme notes: Blackburn Roc for FS2004

by Jeff Marsh (Jed)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Manufacturered by: Boulton Paul Aircraft Ltd., Wolverhampton.

Purpose: Two-seater Fleet fighter. A replacement type for the Hawker" Osprey."

Origin & Development: First appeared in 1939 as a development of the Skua for fighter duties only. Most important modification was the power-driven turret for the rear gnnner in place of mannally operated installation.

Power Plant: One Bristol Perseus XII motor. Maximum power, 905 h.p. at 2,750 r.p.m. at 6,500 ft. Cruising, 715-745 h.p. at 2,400 r.p.m. at 6,500 ft. Take-off, 815 h.p.

Construction: Wings:Two Alclad box-spars with Z-section stringers and stressed-skin covering. Water-tight compartments and Zapp flaps. Folding type. Fuselage: Metal monocoque structurc in two sections, joined just forward of fin. Alclad frames and stringers carrying flush-riveted plating. Two water-tight compartments. Tail unit: Metal framework, metal covering but fabric covered control surfaces.

Dimensions: Span, 46 ft. Length, 35 ft. Height, 12 ft. 4 in. Wing area 310 sq ft. Empty weight 5,018 lbs. Max weight 8,800 lbs.

Performance: Max speed 196 mph. Max speed (with engine on emergency power) 223 mph. Cruising speed 135 mph.

Endurance 6 hours, Range 810 miles

Armament: Four machine-guns concentrated in rear turret with 600 rounds per gun.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Included Aircraft: Blackburn Roc Mk1.

The paint scheme represents L3085 of No. 2 AACU (Anti Aircraft Co-operation Unit) flown by PO D.H. Clarke. On the 26th Spetember 1940, with Sgt Hunt as gunner, they engaged a Heinkel He59 and after a long running fight across the channel scored a probable. Honors even since Clarke had to break off the attack with a damaged engine. On return to Gosport it was found he had two enemy incendiary rounds in his main fuel tank, under his seat. Fortunately they entered low down and the petrol extinguished them. A few inches higher and the rounds would have entered above the petrol into the explosive fuel/air mixture. Also the 'Saint' on the Port side had been shot in the head.

Legal: THIS AIRCRAFT IS DONATIONWARE FOR THE SIM OUTHOUSE ONLY! It may not be sold or bundled! These files are not warranted in any fashion. The author has taken all precautions possible and has found no damage to any system with them, but make no warranties as to function, applicability, or as to damage to any system on which they are placed.

Happy flying, Jeff Marsh (Jed)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Blackburn Roc CFS2 conversion.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Many thanks Rami. One more for my restocking, and this time I'm backing up and using a cloud service.

Cheers!

Library Staff
    Thanks Andrew,

The original package had a floatplane version as well. I have that version converted to CFS2 but I don't remember where it came from. It is possible I may have converted it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Huub....it's in the Donationware section for FS9, but I have a converted version for CFS2 with a modified .dp file...I suppose there's no qualms at this point about uploading it publicly?
    Jeff would be pleased if he saw his Roc starts its next life.

Cheers,

Huub

Icon22 Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Thanks Andrew,

The original package had a floatplane version as well. I have that version converted to CFS2 but I don't remember where it came from. It is possible I may have converted it myself.
    Kevin,

At this point, I don't think it would be an issue to package and upload it.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Library Staff
    Andrew,

Here is the converted MDL file for the floatplane.

The DP which you provided for the land plane needs to be renamed and added. The forward firing wing guns should be deleted for both versions.

With the exception of the sound alias, the rest of the floatplane files can be reinstated as per the original package. I suggest including the Bristol Mercury sounds.

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Members who have read this thread: 0