One More Question

Thread: One More Question

One More Question

I turned on "Content Error Reporting" as part of the setup after installing the V4.1 update and then loaded the current FSX F-7F Tigercat converted by Gordon. When I was done and closed out the sim I was referred to some errors in "Content" and that the file was in the Documents folder. What I found pertained mostly to "Payload station indexes should be between 1-number of stations". However I also got this:

[error.110]
    error=Texture WINGLEFT_SPEC.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.111]
    error=Texture WINGRIGHT_SPEC.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.112]
    error=Texture RADIO2_L.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.113]
    error=Texture FUSEPARTS_LM.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.114]
    error=Texture RADIOS1_L.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.115]
    error=Texture CHROMESPINNER_T_SPEC.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

The textures noted here are in the common texture folder, but the naming is different. . .an "L" rather than "LM". . ."Wingright_t_spec" rather than "Wingright_spec". Similar variations were found for the spinner and radio textures. So is the content error coming from the mdl file and the textures actually are named incorrectly or is something else amiss or is the content_error message just batty and doesn't know what it's talking about?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I turned on "Content Error Reporting" as part of the setup after installing the V4.1 update and then loaded the current FSX F-7F Tigercat converted by Gordon. When I was done and closed out the sim I was referred to some errors in "Content" and that the file was in the Documents folder. What I found pertained mostly to "Payload station indexes should be between 1-number of stations". However I also got this:

[error.110]
    error=Texture WINGLEFT_SPEC.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.111]
    error=Texture WINGRIGHT_SPEC.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.112]
    error=Texture RADIO2_L.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.113]
    error=Texture FUSEPARTS_LM.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.114]
    error=Texture RADIOS1_L.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.115]
    error=Texture CHROMESPINNER_T_SPEC.BMP failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

The textures noted here are in the common texture folder, but the naming is different. . .an "L" rather than "LM". . ."Wingright_t_spec" rather than "Wingright_spec". Similar variations were found for the spinner and radio textures. So is the content error coming from the mdl file and the textures actually are named incorrectly or is something else amiss or is the content_error message just batty and doesn't know what it's talking about?
    Ed, I also turned on the content error log and got a long line of those payload station errors, with no idea what or where thet refer to. As I was checking out my Alabeo and Carenado aircraft, I also got a big list of radio and gauge errors. But everything seemed to be working. It was all way above my knowledge base.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

What I found pertained mostly to "Payload station indexes should be between 1-number of stations".
    I don't have P3D, so I may be off base here, but I think what that refers to is the entries in the aircraft.cfg, thus:

[weight_and_balance]
    max_number_of_stations = 8

station_load.0 = 170, 3.5, 0, 1 // Pilot
    station_load.1 = 250, 0, -4, 0.5 //20 mm ammo
    station_load.2 = 250, 0, 4, 0.5 //20 mm ammo
    station_load.3 = 600, 12, 0, -1 //50 cal nose ammo No nose guns 3N
    //station_load.4 = 170, -2, 0, 0 // Radar operator For 3N
    station_load.5 = 0, 0, 0, 0
    station_load.6 = 0, 0, 0, 0
    station_load.7 = "100.00, 6.00, 0.00, 0.00, Ammo Ballast"

Notice that the Max number of stations is 8, and that all the station_load.X numbers are between 0 and 7. A total of only 8 stations, as specified in the Max Number line. If you want more Station_Load.X entries than permitted, or specified, in the Max Number line, just increase the number is specifies. Like this:

max_number_of_stations = 8

changed to:

max_number_of_stations = 12

Or whatever is needed to permit the Station_Load.X entries you desire.
    The greater the Max Number line specifies, however, the longer it takes to load the plane into the "world". A smaller number is greatly to be desired over the default 50. Having said that, 50 IS the max number permitted. Just so you know.
    A small change, like in my example, will make no noticable difference in load times. A change from 10 to 40 would be, though.

Does this help at all?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    Ed, I also turned on the content error log and got a long line of those payload station errors, with no idea what or where thet refer to. As I was checking out my Alabeo and Carenado aircraft, I also got a big list of radio and gauge errors. But everything seemed to be working. It was all way above my knowledge base.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    I’ve noticed that members who would know the answer have not commented so I believe I will go back into the menu and uncheck any error reporting and go on about the business of flying. Thanks to those who did at least suggest some possibilities.

Current System Specs:

I had it turned on a long time ago, straight after a fresh install and i installed 1 orbx region, i had a heap of errors already, as i added more addons the list grew

i just turned it off, IMO it was reporting very trivial errors that had no impact on the sim

these days I back up most of my major cfg and xml files, at least once a week if not fortnightly, so if i add something or two and it starts to conflict I can re trace my steps and remove or isolate the problem

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I had it turned on a long time ago, straight after a fresh install and i installed 1 orbx region, i had a heap of errors already, as i added more addons the list grew
    i just turned it off, IMO it was reporting very trivial errors that had no impact on the sim
    these days I back up most of my major cfg and xml files, at least once a week if not fortnightly, so if i add something or two and it starts to conflict I can re trace my steps and remove or isolate the problem
    I have to agree, especially in the case of the texture errors. If those textures actually were problematic I would have seen that in the sim and nothing looked like it was missing. . .specs would have been pretty obvious I think.

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    Sorry I didn't catch your thread sooner Ed. Power was down all night...wind, I got a late start this AM.

That string of errors relating to the F7F is a list of bitmaps that were removed or name modified in Gmax during the modeling process. I've gone down the materials list in Gmax and removed them, but there is an artefact somewhere I haven't found.

When I open the model in Gmax, I get a list of missing bitmaps that corresponds to your error list.

Those missing maps won't affect the model, so no need to have any concerns. I'm re-building the exterior model in 3D Studio, so those anomalies are not present there, but that model isn't ready for release yet.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Sorry I didn't catch your thread sooner Ed. Power was down all night...wind, I got a late start this AM.
    That string of errors relating to the F7F is a list of bitmaps that were removed or name modified in Gmax during the modeling process. I've gone down the materials list in Gmax and removed them, but there is an artefact somewhere I haven't found.
    When I open the model in Gmax, I get a list of missing bitmaps that corresponds to your error list.
    Those missing maps won't affect the model, so no need to have any concerns. I'm re-building the exterior model in 3D Studio, so those anomalies are not present there, but that model isn't ready for release yet.
    Yep, I noticed the same list of "Failed to Load" textures pop up when I loaded the single into MCX to check alignment on the "Here Kitty, Kitty" art I'm working on.

Current System Specs:

If you open in gmax, then open Material Navigator. It will show every part that uses each material/texture in List mode.

If you check the File.Summary, it also shows each part and its bmp, and further each material and the bmps associated with them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    If you open in gmax, then open Material Navigator. It will show every part that uses each material/texture in List mode.

If you check the File.Summary, it also shows each part and its bmp, and further each material and the bmps associated with them.
    Thank you sir!

I've left some of those details hanging, mainly because Gmax is a non-op for me in Win10. I can open the model, and check certain aspects on limited menus, but trying to negotiate the Material Navigator is an instant crash.

The new exterior model in 3D Studio doesn't have the issues, so the update will fix the niggles.

At some point I want to bump up the CPU in the big computer. I'll rotate the current CPU to my broken Win7 box, then I'll have Gmax back in full function mode.
    A HU for any budding modelers out there. A Win10 box and a Win7 box are the ideal setup. Gmax will never be happy in Win10, so any models built in Gmax should be approached from Win7.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thank you sir!

I've left some of those details hanging, mainly because Gmax is a non-op for me in Win10. I can open the model, and check certain aspects on limited menus, but trying to negotiate the Material Navigator is an instant crash.

The new exterior model in 3D Studio doesn't have the issues, so the update will fix the niggles.

At some point I want to bump up the CPU in the big computer. I'll rotate the current CPU to my broken Win7 box, then I'll have Gmax back in full function mode.
    A HU for any budding modelers out there. A Win10 box and a Win7 box are the ideal setup. Gmax will never be happy in Win10, so any models built in Gmax should be approached from Win7.

Question, is that 32-bit or 64-bit Win7?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Question, is that 32-bit or 64-bit Win7?
    My Win7 box is 64bit Milton.
    Thomas Jefferson

My Win7 box is 64bit Milton.

I guess my question should have been, "Will gmax run okay on a Win7 64-bit or should 32-bit be installed there?"

The reason I ask is I have a 64-bit machine running XP for gmax development but am going to upgrade to Win7. Need to decide which to run.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    I guess my question should have been, "Will gmax run okay on a Win7 64-bit or should 32-bit be installed there?"

The reason I ask is I have a 64-bit machine running XP for gmax development but am going to upgrade to Win7. Need to decide which to run.
    I thought that was where you were going. lol

Gmax runs great on Win7 64-bit. I also ran it on a 32-bit box before I built the 64-bit machine. No problems on either.
    When I built the big box, it was Win7 64-bit. It all went upside down when I jumped in to Win10.

I can give you a good recommendation on Win7 64-bit.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks; that's great to hear!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Thanks; that's great to hear!
    My only concern about Win7 is MS support which will not continue much longer. When that happens it will impact Gmax and modeling moving forward from there.

The good news is that I have developed a very comfortable way to migrate existing models from Gmax into 3DS Max.
    I've spent a great deal of time updating all of my scenery models to Max. The good news is that Gmax models remember UVW and texture assignments during the process. Breaking the model into layers is also very straightforward.

Moving Gmax airplanes into 3DS Max is still problematic when it comes to animations, pivot points and a number of vertex related anomalies.

When we arrive at the point where Gmax and Win7 are off the table, it would be nice to see accommodations made for migrating Gmax models, with animations and other spatial point data, to 3D Studio intact. The consideration, of course, is protecting the IP of the original authors.

It will be a bridge to cross when the time comes.
    Thomas Jefferson

My only concern about Win7 is MS support which will not continue much longer. When that happens it will impact Gmax and modeling moving forward from there.

The good news is that I have developed a very comfortable way to migrate existing models from Gmax into 3DS Max.
    I've spent a great deal of time updating all of my scenery models to Max. The good news is that Gmax models remember UVW and texture assignments during the process. Breaking the model into layers is also very straightforward.

Moving Gmax airplanes into 3DS Max is still problematic when it comes to animations, pivot points and a number of vertex related anomalies.

When we arrive at the point where Gmax and Win7 are off the table, it would be nice to see accommodations made for migrating Gmax models, with animations and other spatial point data, to 3D Studio intact. The consideration, of course, is protecting the IP of the original authors.

It will be a bridge to cross when the time comes.
    I understand. But, I am not concerned about support; recall I am still running XP. :-) I do not have many more years to model; Win7 will be perfect for me.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton,

If you live in the USA...Maybe just keep running XP, I have now purchased 2 from the guys and they are amazing...

Want to keep running WindowXP pro, they have them
    Mine looked brand new out of the box w/a 1 TB hardrive
    All preloaded and ready to go......."Big YES" from No Dice

No, I get no money for advertising them....LOL
    http://www.TheFreeFlightSite.com
    "Laissez les bon temps rouler"

Blog Entries
    I understand. But, I am not concerned about support; recall I am still running XP. :-) I do not have many more years to model; Win7 will be perfect for me.
    Can't argue with your logic...
    Thomas Jefferson

Members who have read this thread: 0