Grumman S2T Cal Fire in P3D v4 ?

Thread: Grumman S2T Cal Fire in P3D v4 ?

Grumman S2T Cal Fire in P3D v4 ?

Is it possible at this time to fly the Grumman S2T with Cal Fire livery in P3D v4 ?

Thanks
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mhlarsen View Post
    Is it possible at this time to fly the Grumman S2T with Cal Fire livery in P3D v4 ?
    Thanks
    Michael
    I think you asked a related question about this airplane and Milton explained that there may be some Native FSX conversions of some of the variants. "IF" you have a native FSX conversion of this variant, you should be able to use in V4. Be aware that if there are any "gau" or "dll" file types used for gauges, they will not display. If the airplane variant you want to fly is FS9 compiled it will not work.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I think you asked a related question about this airplane and Milton explained that there may be some Native FSX conversions of some of the variants. "IF" you have a native FSX conversion of this variant, you should be able to use in V4. Be aware that if there are any "gau" or "dll" file types used for gauges, they will not display. If the airplane variant you want to fly is FS9 compiled it will not work.
    Hi falcon

Well, I have the Grumman C1A running fine in P3D v4, but no Cal Fire livery.
    I can possibly create a new livery, but just wanted to hear if this had already been done.

Michael

Hi falcon

Well, I have the Grumman C1A running fine in P3D v4, but no Cal Fire livery.
    I can possibly create a new livery, but just wanted to hear if this had already been done.

Michael
    This is a rather silent forum most days and unless this peaks someones interest you may not get anything for several days. I would do a search on flightsim.com, AVsim and SOH Libraries in the interim. Use searches for "California Fire Liveries", "Grumman C-1A" or something similar. . .you might find it before anyone answers.

Current System Specs:

This is a rather silent forum most days and unless this peaks someones interest you may not get anything for several days. I would do a search on flightsim.com, AVsim and SOH Libraries in the interim. Use searches for "California Fire Liveries", "Grumman C-1A" or something similar. . .you might find it before anyone answers.
    Already have, but no luck so far.
    Several other FS9/FSX (not native) Grumman S2 models have been created with a Cal Fire livery though e.g. S2A.

Michael

Already have, but no luck so far.
    Several other FS9/FSX (not native) Grumman S2 models have been created with a Cal Fire livery though e.g. S2A.
    Michael
    Even if it's an FS9 Aircraft, if it's the same model, just not converted to FSX then the livery will work. . .that isn't changed just because it was converted to native FSX. So if you come across the variant you're looking for with the right livery but it's FS9, you can still use the livery.

Current System Specs:

Even if it's an FS9 Aircraft, if it's the same model, just not converted to FSX then the livery will work. . .that isn't changed just because it was converted to native FSX. So if you come across the variant you're looking for with the right livery but it's FS9, you can still use the livery.
    Thats the problem i have.
    The models that work in P3D v4 have no Cal Fire liveries even back to FS9.

Michael

Thats the problem i have.
    The models that work in P3D v4 have no Cal Fire liveries even back to FS9.

Michael
    Since no one has answered you post here, you could try taking it over to the FSX Forum. Many times you will get a quicker answer over there and since it is FSX related someone in that forum may be better suited to answer your request. Your other option. . .if you have any repainting abilities. . .do one yourself.

Current System Specs:

Following this one too ! Trying to grow my fire fighting hangar. If no one else does , I'll give the paint job a shot !

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=34&id=17760

that will give you the liveries..

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=34&id=17760

that will give you the liveries..

Ttfn

Pete
    are you saying that you can install the s2t military version of the fsx native and those liveries will work on it?....but it wont have the firefighting gear?...im not sure i understand what needs to be done here,i installed the set Gman did,i have sound and i see the shadow of the plane and spining props,but no plane or anything else.

Only tanker of any kind I can find that works in v4 is the P-3!

I tried to convert the model to FSX native but had a problem with the wings being partially folded and stuck. Hopefully someone with actual skill will update the model soon. I did manage to get 5 or 6 CDF / Cal Fire paints done for the S-2A CDF model though.

I'll look at converting the turboprop models to native FSX. It will require about 3 weeks for each if all goes well. No promises.

There are two models with PT-6 engines (CDF and Military) and one with the Garrett ?? - I forget. LOL
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thank you very much sir !
    Big fan of your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Thank you very much sir !
    Big fan of your work!
    Thanks Corvette99.

Working on the S2T-CDF2 converting textures to FSX native.

For clarity of model, these are the textures included by Tankerguy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail70.jpg   thumbnail73.jpg   thumbnail88.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Thanks Corvette99.Working on the S2T-CDF2 converting textures to FSX native.For clarity of model, these are the textures included by Tankerguy.
    Perfect ! Thank you so much !

Grumman S2 Turboprop Fire Tanker Now FSX Native

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Perfect ! Thank you so much !
    You are welcome.

The conversion of this FS9/FSX port over product to FSX native has gone well and the heads-down grunt work is completed. Just a few enhancements left before the package will be available for P3D / FSX native testing.

Anyone interested may download the package when available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-aug-14-004 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-007 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-008 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-014.jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-015 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-018.jpg  

ms-2019-aug-14-019 (Large).jpg   ms-2019-aug-14-022 (Large).jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Just uploaded this and ready to check out.

Keep in mind this is the FSX native SDK build but it has only been tested in FSXA.

Not sure if the retardant effect will work correctly in P3D but works great in FSX.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d.php?t=116543
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 2