'Yes, I Ordered One'...

Thread: 'Yes, I Ordered One'...

For heaven's sake, WHY ????

Hey All,

Yes why? Seems to me to just be a back to the future way of - maybe - putting a filter in front of the sensor. Seems weird to me if that is what it does. Maybe the film canister is fake and it is all in camera processing based on what canister is installed? I do like the classic yashica body though. Hopefully it's metal and an ilc. Interesting concept.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Yes why?

-Ed-
    Because for me, it would be fun. It's nice to get away from 'the shoot' every once in a while & just have fun....
    Lens has now been upgraded to f2.0

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    For heaven's sake, WHY ????

Because for me, it would be fun!!
    My X100T is huge fun at parties - so much so that sometimes, I don't even get to shoot with it because someone else is running around with it taking shots....

Blog Entries
    And here I thought you were talking D850.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

anm i use my phone

hard to do anyon6 hand
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Got yours yet, Panther? You must remember to "solid the first tie or the moment is lost.” I love Jinglish...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Got yours yet, Panther? You must remember to "solid the first tie or the moment is lost.” I love Jinglish...
    Yes I did!
    And I'm loving it so much that I ordered 2 additional film packs....and both have already been shipped!

What I wouldn't give to blow up digital photography and just go back to the good old days of real film permanently. lol

Glad you are enjoying it. Photography should be fun but I just can't swallow what they are trying to do.

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What I wouldn't give to blow up digital photography and just go back to the good old days of real film permanently. lol

Glad you are enjoying it. Photography should be fun but I just can't swallow what they are trying to do.
    Hey Mark!
    Film hasn't died - just got a smaller user base!

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Hey Mark!
    Film hasn't died - just got a smaller user base!
    I still have my film gear, darkroom gear, not using it atm but certainly intend to go back to film for fun one day. For now, I intend to start shooting digital for a while with my LCD turned off, metering set to center weighted or spot and auto-focus off. I'll set a standard white balance manually and when I want to change it, I'll use some of my old Cokin filters. That might keep me happy I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I still have my film gear, darkroom gear, not using it atm but certainly intend to go back to film for fun one day. For now, I intend to start shooting digital for a while with my LCD turned off, metering set to center weighted or spot and auto-focus off. I'll set a standard white balance manually and when I want to change it, I'll use some of my old Cokin filters. That might keep me happy I think.
    Sounds like a plan that should definitely keep you happy!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like the old digital vs. vinyl debate, to me. I' ll stick with digital, thank you. A good digital camera will make even someone like me look good. Now if I could find a new digital human body....
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I was delighted to find my 'Local' photographic store (only 100K away!) has film processing (both colourand B&W) available to a high standard as well as several varieties of film!
    Might see if my elderly EOS works after decades in storage.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    A good digital camera will make even someone like me look good.
    Each to their own. Don't get my wrong, I'm not suggesting film is better or debating anything. Digital slaughters film as to what can be ultimately achieved. It's the limitations of film that provide the fun factor. I guess it's like flying, some people happy to fly the automated modern jets while others like to fly something from the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I was delighted to find my 'Local' photographic store (only 100K away!) has film processing (both colourand B&W) available to a high standard as well as several varieties of film!
    Might see if my elderly EOS works after decades in storage.
    Nothing like opening a film canister, slotting in the film and pulling the leader across. Slapping in a memory card just doesn't seem to bring the same enjoyment.

Members who have read this thread: 0